It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stats.

X4: Foundations is now available, DRM-free.

All the building materials that define a true X-perience are here, this time fueled by an even more dynamic world and economy, plus the ability to slip inside every single ship, fly them around and upgrade them to suit your playstyle.

Go for the Collector's Edition for the digital soundtrack, access to two future expansions and more.
sry, I've gotto say it because it messes with my OCD.

The opening sentence says:

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stats."

Should that read "stars"?
Post edited December 11, 2018 by Ebany
Ebany: sry, I've gotto say it because it messes with my OCD.

Haven't played the game but stats = statistics? How does that not make sense? It could be a simple pun, considering it's a trading and management simulation game with combat in it.
deleted

Lucumo: Haven't played the game but stats = statistics? How does that not make sense? It could be a simple pun, considering it's a trading and management simulation game with combat in it.
Just wrote I thought it was Sinatra, checked with Google, and it is. That's why it was getting to me, knew there was a reason.

goes:
"Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on
A-Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me."
Post edited December 11, 2018 by Ebany
Lucumo: Haven't played the game but stats = statistics? How does that not make sense? It could be a simple pun, considering it's a trading and management simulation game with combat in it.
Ebany: Just wrote I thought it was Sinatra, checked with Google, and it is. That's why it was getting to me, knew there was a reason.

goes:
"Fly me to the moon
A-Jupiter and Mars
Heh, nice. I guess it's even more props to Egosoft for that then. Usually, it's the Japanese who are master of puns like that.
Ebany: Just wrote I thought it was Sinatra, checked with Google, and it is. That's why it was getting to me, knew there was a reason.

goes:
"Fly me to the moon
A-Jupiter and Mars
Lucumo: Heh, nice. I guess it's even more props to Egosoft for that then. Usually, it's the Japanese who are master of puns like that.
So very true.
Is the Solar system even in this game? Can you actually fly to any moons or planets, including smashing into them? Still, a nice reference may forgive it.

Yet another reply, but yeah, both Eve and the X-games share an OCD-enjoyer's delight of spreadsheets and stats,
however, foy My OCD; which Moon? there are many just in the solar system, have yet to find that, although Black Hole Sun is ingame.
Themken: Is the Solar system even in this game? Can you actually fly to any moons or planets, including smashing into them? Still, a nice reference may forgive it.
My AI pilot's have crashed into everything else, I feel a moon's just round the corner :D

Staberind: Yet another reply, but yeah, both Eve and the X-games share an OCD-enjoyer's delight of spreadsheets and stats,
however, foy My OCD; which Moon? there are many just in the solar system, have yet to find that, although Black Hole Sun is ingame.
I think I've spent more time in speadsheets than playing.
Post edited December 14, 2018 by Ebany