It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lead your football club through national championships and to international stardom. WE ARE FOOTBALL is now available on GOG.COM, sporting a 10% discount that will last until 17th June 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
viperfdl: What, no Star Trek reference yet? I am disappointed.

We are Borg

(Somebody had to do it :))
FOOTBALL vs. SOCCER
high rated
TheBigCore: It's called SOCCER!!

:)
Nope. In Europe we use the metrics system, and in the metrics system it is called football, not soccer.

1 (metric) football is approximately 3.32542341 soccers.

That said, I find watching football quite boring. Then again, I find watching about any TV sports boring. I am wired differently, somehow I just can't get excited about which team won this year blah blah blah. Who cares, next year it will possibly be someone else, so why get so excited about it?

And why do some people think I will appreciate them and their nation more if they happen to have a good national football, or ice hockey, or a lacrosse team? So your team won some stupid match, whoopie doo. I would appreciate your nation more if you had a great schooling system, full democracy and freedom of speech, lots of thriving international enterprises, marvellous natural places to visit like some damn waterfall fountain in Thailand full of fish and you can swim there with the fish etc.

I see especially football as a third-world country sport anyway.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by timppu
timppu: 1 (metric) football is approximately 3.32542341 soccers.
:D
Sorry but NO.

Germans know well how to play football but seem knowing not how to make football games.

Football manager with no match engine, really? In 2021? I thought the times of good old Championship Manager 01/02 are long gone.

Who cares about shiny 3D models of club buildings if you can't see the implementation of your tactical genius on the pitch in live?
low rated

timppu: Nope. In Europe we use the metrics system, and in the metrics system it is called football, not soccer.

1 (metric) football is approximately 3.32542341 soccers.

That said, I find watching football quite boring. Then again, I find watching about any TV sports boring. I am wired differently, somehow I just can't get excited about which team won this year blah blah blah. Who cares, next year it will possibly be someone else, so why get so excited about it?

And why do some people think I will appreciate them and their nation more if they happen to have a good national football, or ice hockey, or a lacrosse team? So your team won some stupid match, whoopie doo. I would appreciate your nation more if you had a great schooling system, full democracy and freedom of speech, lots of thriving international enterprises, marvellous natural places to visit like some damn waterfall fountain in Thailand full of fish and you can swim there with the fish etc.

I see especially football as a third-world country sport anyway.
If the US Men's Team ever wins the World Cup, I can just imagine Europeans having apoplectic fits of rage and burning down their own countries when the US captain refers to the sport as Soccer.
high rated
TheBigCore: If the US Men's Team ever wins the World Cup, I can just imagine Europeans having apoplectic fits of rage and burning down their own countries when the US captain refers to the sport as Soccer.
I don't think that would trigger us as much as you guys get triggered by a Football thread. Forums, Youtube... it never fails. If we talk about Football rather than American Football, you lose your marbles.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Cambrey
viperfdl: What, no Star Trek reference yet? I am disappointed.
The Borg were either disinterested or scared by sports fans. Possibly both; and moreso than Species 8472.
timppu: I see especially football as a third-world country sport anyway.
Yeah, UK and Germany are such third-worldy, along with Italy, France, Spain and other banana khaganates.

Oh, now I realized the main selling point of this game, it has woman teams. Yes, this boring fashionable quasi-equality-shit now is here, in football managers already.

Do you really think, dear developers, this is such a staple thing for a good football manager game? Woman teams? No licensed players or clubs, no real-time full match engine - but woman teams? Do you think girls would play your game now more willingly, or guys would?

No, dear developers. You are very wrong. Just look more attentively at the really good football manager games, like Championship Manager from 2006 up to 2010, Football Manager from 2005 up to 2011, Total Club Manager from 2003 up to 2005, damn, even FIFA Manager from 2006 up to 2009 - just to realize what makes a really good football manager game.

Spoiler - it's not the shiny 3D graphics and of course it's not the (now temporarily) fashionable quasi-equality-shit.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Valquezar
GOG.com: Lead your football club through national championships and to international stardom.WE ARE FOOTBALL is now available on GOG.COM, sporting a 10% discount that will last until 17th June 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!

Only in North America. In the rest of the world its called Football. And what you call Football in the US it is called American Football across the world even though its a form of Rugby.

Matruchus: Only in North America. In the rest of the world its called Football. And what you call Football in the US it is called American Football across the world even though its a form of Rugby.
its relation to rugby is severely limited in scope.
also its "hand egg" not "american football" ;)
Matruchus: Only in North America. In the rest of the world its called Football. And what you call Football in the US it is called American Football across the world even though its a form of Rugby.
It's not only in North America. 'Football' tends to be what the dominant (winter) team sport that involves kicking a ball in some form is called.

So, in most of the world Football = Association Football since it's the dominant game outright summer, winter, team, or not in the vast majority of the world
US and Canada: Football = American Football
Australia: Football (or 'Footy', since Aussies love their matey abbreviations) = Australian Rules Football (outside QLD/ NSW), Rugby League Football (NSW and QLD)
New Zealand: Football = Rugby Union Football

In those places Association Football is usually referred to as 'soccer' instead.
football isnt football, its... football? this breaks my head
While football isn't my cup of tea, I'm glad to see this kind of game accessible for us Brazilians, since SEGA's franchise isn't.
Problem with football licenced games is players expect the official licences. Let's hope this does.