It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Yay for free new version! :-)
ET3D: Can someone here tell me which version of Wasteland 2 comes with Bard's Tale IV?
The basic version, which isn't sold on GOG. In comparison to the Classic Edition, it is missing the Official Soundtracks, the 3 Wallpapers and the Concept Art Book. For those who happened to have this version before the Director's Cut was released, they received a Classic Edition Upgrade as an apology for receiving it later than others.
Regional pricing at it's best. :) For me the deluxe edition is more expensive than the classic edition plus the upgrade ($59.99 versus $39.99 + $16.69).

Or did I miss anything?
Post edited October 16, 2015 by eiii
ET3D: Can someone here tell me which version of Wasteland 2 comes with Bard's Tale IV?
Grargar: The basic version [..] received a Classic Edition Upgrade as an apology for receiving it later than others.
The DC has been added now, but my basic version didn't change title, even if it now contains the upgrade.
Cool, but weird change O_o
eiii: Regional pricing at it's best. :) For me the deluxe edition is more expensive than the classic edition plus the upgrade ($59.99 versus $39.99 + $16.69).

Or did I miss anything?
Well, for me (in the US) the "upgrade" price is $59.99. Because I already own the Classic edition, and there is no "upgrade" showing as available for me. My only "upgrade" option is to upgrade for $59.99.

Wow. WTF?
OldFatGuy: Well, for me (in the US) the "upgrade" price is $59.99. Because I already own the Classic edition, and there is no "upgrade" showing as available for me. My only "upgrade" option is to upgrade for $59.99.

Wow. WTF?
Not this one for $20?
phaolo: The DC has been added now, but my basic version didn't change title, even if it now contains the upgrade.
Cool, but weird change O_o
It's not supposed to, since Deluxe/Special/Whatever Editions don't change the name of the library's box. For instance, even though I bought Shadowgate Special Edition, the game is called Shadowgate in my account. In a similar vein, you should have 2 boxes, one called "Wasteland 2" and another one called "Wasteland 2: Director's Cut". No Classic, Digital, Deluxe or Edition.
Post edited October 16, 2015 by Grargar
OldFatGuy: Well, for me (in the US) the "upgrade" price is $59.99. Because I already own the Classic edition, and there is no "upgrade" showing as available for me. My only "upgrade" option is to upgrade for $59.99.

Wow. WTF?
Grargar: Not this one for $20?
Oh, oops, my bad. For some reason I couldn't find that offer clicking on everything I could find to click on before. Guess I'm still an idiot. Good to know.
eiii: Regional pricing at it's best. :) For me the deluxe edition is more expensive than the classic edition plus the upgrade ($59.99 versus $39.99 + $16.69).

Or did I miss anything?

Wow. WTF?
Strange, I can see it fine...

http://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_2_directors_cut_digital_deluxe_edition_upgrade
Grargar: It's not supposed to, since Deluxe/Special/Whatever Editions don't change the name of the library's box.
Ah, I see, thanks Grargar.
(I wish there were a "subtitle" with the version, though)
Grargar: The basic version, which isn't sold on GOG. In comparison to the Classic Edition, it is missing the Official Soundtracks, the 3 Wallpapers and the Concept Art Book. For those who happened to have this version before the Director's Cut was released, they received a Classic Edition Upgrade as an apology for receiving it later than others.
Thanks for the detailed reply. That should teach me to activate keys instead of hoarding them. When I get key to a game I tend not to use it until I plan to play the game. The Wasteland 2 Kickstarter campaign gave me 2 keys. I gave away the Classic and was left with the Standard (because it wasn't at all clear what versions I was getting), plus a Standard for Bard's Tale, and now it turns out I've lost an opportunity to get Classic back. I screwed myself pretty badly, considering that all the stuff that the Kickstarter tier gave was tied to that key, unlike other games I pledged to, where the downloads were separate.
By now I was finally able to play the DC. Thanks GOG! :)

I don't think the camera angle is that bad. I kinda like the top-down view when fully zoomed out.
Fakum12: I don't think the camera angle is that bad. I kinda like the top-down view when fully zoomed out.
It's not. I was for a very short while after release (there was no way to fully zoom out).
Any plans on adding achievements for the game, perhaps the same set of achievements as Steam has?
A free copy of Bard's Tale is a disincentive :P