It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
yyahoo: There was talk that the copy of Wasteland 2 that was included as part of the Bard's Tale 4 Kickstarter was going to be the "Classic" version, but I'm seeing people now talking about not yet receiving the DC of WL2 (which is a symptom of only having a basic KS backer key) and having received the game through the BT4 Kickstarter. So, can anybody confirm whether the BT4 keys for WL2 were basic keys or "Classic" edition keys?
Well, seeing that it's explicitly labelled "Directors Cut" in the BT4 backer portal, I think it is confirmed that BT4 backers will receive the Directors Cut.
Trilarion: Me too, I think. But how can I find out?
Grargar: Whether you have the basic version? Assuming you have redeemed it, then your extras should be:

Manual
Reference Card
Map
Soundtrack (4 Choir Songs, FLAC)
Soundtrack (4 Choir Songs, MP3)
Yes, that's the case and the reason why the DC edition is not there for me yet. Okay so I know what's going on and just need to wait.
yyahoo: There was talk that the copy of Wasteland 2 that was included as part of the Bard's Tale 4 Kickstarter was going to be the "Classic" version, but I'm seeing people now talking about not yet receiving the DC of WL2 (which is a symptom of only having a basic KS backer key) and having received the game through the BT4 Kickstarter. So, can anybody confirm whether the BT4 keys for WL2 were basic keys or "Classic" edition keys?
ElZoido: Well, seeing that it's explicitly labelled "Directors Cut" in the BT4 backer portal, I think it is confirmed that BT4 backers will receive the Directors Cut.
I don't think you understand what I'm asking. There are 3 versions of Wasteland 2: Basic (a Kickstarter only version that was only provided to backers at the lowest level that had minimal extras and isn't available to purchase otherwise), Classic (the standard version with additional extras beyond the basic kickstarter version), and Deluxe.

When the WL2 bonus was announced for BT4, there were statements made that it was going to be the Classic version that was provided. However, it appears that it is the Basic version instead.

[Camera Control] Update should be going out on Windows right about now, we'll have other OSes as soon as those builds are ready to go.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/404730/discussions/0/481115363877331115/

Crossing fingers for it to arrive on GOG soon...
Well, I will play the witcher III during this time.
I was hoping to try Wasteland 2: Director's Cut today :/
Telika: Crossing fingers for it to arrive on GOG soon...
Somewhere tomorrow I imagine
Telika: Crossing fingers for it to arrive on GOG soon...
Pheace: Somewhere tomorrow I imagine
Yeah. One thing that I miss from the pre-steam era is readily available patches on the game's own website...
Pheace: Somewhere tomorrow I imagine
Telika: Yeah. One thing that I miss from the pre-steam era is readily available patches on the game's own website...
Eh, you still seem to have this issue on the map. Can't seem to zoom out at all.
Normal camera seems fine now.
Telika: Yeah. One thing that I miss from the pre-steam era is readily available patches on the game's own website...
omega64: Eh, you still seem to have this issue on the map. Can't seem to zoom out at all.
Testing the steam version, or found an independant patch somewhere ?
yyahoo: When the WL2 bonus was announced for BT4, there were statements made that it was going to be the Classic version that was provided. However, it appears that it is the Basic version instead.
You are right, I misunderstood you. Judging from the included extras, I have received a basic key from BT4, not the classic edition.
Unfortunately I don't remember the specific statements/wording regarding which edition backers would get.
yyahoo: When the WL2 bonus was announced for BT4, there were statements made that it was going to be the Classic version that was provided. However, it appears that it is the Basic version instead.
ElZoido: You are right, I misunderstood you. Judging from the included extras, I have received a basic key from BT4, not the classic edition.
Unfortunately I don't remember the specific statements/wording regarding which edition backers would get.
It's in the FAQ for the Bard's Tale 4 Kickstarter:

"What are the details on getting my games? How do I receive them, and when?
The Bard's Tale IV will be provided to backers on Steam and GOG.com upon final release.

Wasteland 2 will be available once the Kickstarter campaign is completed. You will have your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You will get the Game of the Year Edition upgrade for free upon its release later this year.

Torment: Tides of Numenera will be made available once it is released. You will have a choice of Steam or GOG.com.

For the 48 hour bonus game offer: The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are available for GOG.com only. Wasteland 2 will be available for your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You may pick one of the three games. These bonus games cannot be exchanged for other rewards or pledge credit.

All game keys will be distributed through our The Bard's Tale IV backer web site, contingent on the Kickstarter campaign being funded."
ElZoido: You are right, I misunderstood you. Judging from the included extras, I have received a basic key from BT4, not the classic edition.
yyahoo: It's in the FAQ for the Bard's Tale 4 Kickstarter:

"What are the details on getting my games? How do I receive them, and when?
The Bard's Tale IV will be provided to backers on Steam and GOG.com upon final release.

Wasteland 2 will be available once the Kickstarter campaign is completed. You will have your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You will get the Game of the Year Edition upgrade for free upon its release later this year.

Torment: Tides of Numenera will be made available once it is released. You will have a choice of Steam or GOG.com.

For the 48 hour bonus game offer: The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are available for GOG.com only. Wasteland 2 will be available for your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You may pick one of the three games. These bonus games cannot be exchanged for other rewards or pledge credit.

All game keys will be distributed through our The Bard's Tale IV backer web site, contingent on the Kickstarter campaign being funded."
I also got a basic key and not a key for the Classic Edition :-(
Ganni1987: Can you please address the lack of a Linux version issue too please?
Paczyk: The Linux version is unfortunately delayed because of a game-breaking bug we've found in the release version. The ETA is tomorrow.
Including this in the announcement post would've been appreciated. Software bugs are understandable, and sometimes they'll hit one platform over another. However finding it not there without explanation can produce a negative reaction, especially for people not patient enough to go through the forum posts. Sadly, Linux gamers are used to our platform being ignored *cough*Divinity Original Sin*cough*.
Indeed. I never cared much about the few additional extras due to wanting the game, not some extra pdf, but it's interesting to see that in principle I should have the classic edition.
Of course, if the Directors Cut includes those goodies, the point is somewhat moot, since I will anyway receive them tomorrow or such.
omega64: Eh, you still seem to have this issue on the map. Can't seem to zoom out at all.
Telika: Testing the steam version, or found an independant patch somewhere ?
I unfortunately own the Steam version. ;P
Originally got a retail copy, which forced me to redeem on Steam.