It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Trilarion: Me too, I think. But how can I find out?
Whether you have the basic version? Assuming you have redeemed it, then your extras should be:

Manual
Reference Card
Map
Soundtrack (4 Choir Songs, FLAC)
Soundtrack (4 Choir Songs, MP3)
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Grargar
As a backer of Wasteland 2, I don't have the DC version yet. Willing to wait since I'm still playing Way of the Samurai 4 :)
KeyperOS: Not sure whether I should be happy about this trend.

I also have Pillars of Eternity from Kickstarter (and the full expansion as a PayPal upgrade) and I've yet to redeem my keys for that reason alone.
They've actually been pretty good about PoE as far as patching and updates. But it generally is delayed a bit due to the fact that GOG wraps them in their installers and tests them before releasing to us. The biggest issue GOG seems to have is they tend to either forget or overlook the fact that kickstarter redeemed games here on GOG are different than the regular ones (at least, GOG lists them with a different game entry identifier). And this tends to get overlooked when releasing content. Case in point is the W2 DC, which seems to be missing for those of us that got the game via Kickstarter and redeemed on here.

I'm not too worried about it. As I said, they get it sorted out (usually pretty quickly) and I've no lack of games to play so it's not like I'm desperate for this one right now.
omega64: I might be imagining it but the Director's Cut camera is unconfortably close to the ground even when fully zoomed out.
Never had this issue in regular Wasteland 2.
Petrell: According to 100+ posts on Steam forums, no, you're not imagining it. Be warned that there's also lot of crash reports (there's workaround forcing dx9 mode that works to some people).
They're working on a fix. :D
http://steamcommunity.com/app/404730/discussions/0/481115363876416512/#p7
I am a Wasteland 2 backer and I haven't get any upgrade for the Director Cut's version yet either. Waiting for GOG's position on this.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by fredprado
Same here.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/wasteland_2_no_directors_cut_site_asks_me_to_buy_the_full_game
They could test things for a change.
And I don't have high hopes that something will happen today. Normal work hours are over by now....
i add my voice as a backer without the DC edition available...
I got Wasteland 2 free because I helped kickstart Bard's Tale IV but I didn't get the Director's cut upgrade/installer.
If you open a support ticket you can get it earlier before the official fix. I just got mine and redeemed the code the support team sent me.
Reever: Argh, fuck it, just noticed the game won't work on 32-bit machines, so yeah, won't be playing this for quite some time.
waltc: I bought my first 64-bit cpu (Athlon 64) more than ten years ago...;) Why people stuck with 32-bits is beyond me, frankly. It won't be long before 32-bits is pretty much dropped everywhere, similar to how 16-bit computing & cpus have died. Best budget & buy ASAP--it's an *excellent* time to buy a new motherboard & cpu. Demand has shrunk temporarily and when that happens prices drop!
To be honest I never thought about the differences, I pretty much always had a 32-bit system [I guess that's it: people with very little technical knowledge just get the first thing they can get their hands on/whatever is recommended]. Learned about the advantages of 64-bit later and now I'm stuck with a laptop anyway (and with not enough money to get another one). So I'm hoping this one will hold out and I'll get a 64-bit machine next ;)

And if I really wanna play W2, I can just play the original version. But I still have so many other games on my backlog...
The Director's cut has not been added to my library either.
Paczyk: Hi guys,

We are aware of the issue which causes some Kickstarter backers to not get the Director's Cut version. We've found the the cause of the problem and we are working on a fix that should be ready today.

If you are affected by this and you would like to play the game now, please contact our support department and we will add the game manually to your account.

I'm very sorry for this mistake.

EDIT:
This problem only affects kickstarter backers who have the basic edition, not the classic or deluxe.
You guys should really learn to edit in announcements like these in the original post....
There was talk that the copy of Wasteland 2 that was included as part of the Bard's Tale 4 Kickstarter was going to be the "Classic" version, but I'm seeing people now talking about not yet receiving the DC of WL2 (which is a symptom of only having a basic KS backer key) and having received the game through the BT4 Kickstarter. So, can anybody confirm whether the BT4 keys for WL2 were basic keys or "Classic" edition keys?