It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Daniel_M: Ok, clearer now. :)
I think you have to expect that with open world RPGs you often face challenges you have to return to later.
It has nothing to do with whether or not you have enough time to play a game more than once (don't we all know that problem too well ;)) but more with acceptance of a bit of backtracking. Of course, that acceptance varies from person to person, but again: open world RPG.
I wouldn't mind that much, in fact I did just that - there was a place when you met a person at the end of the zone you could talk to, and depending on your skills you would get info from him, kill him or start a fight, something like that... so I didn't finish the zone, went on to another zone and once I got enough experience, I came back to finish the first zone (a little silly approach, but ok with me)

but... most of the time this even isn't worth it - you gather skills to unlock a level XX safe, only to find a sock and a tissue in there... I'd have to have a person with very high luck to find something interesting, but as this is probably randomly generated, it would mean I'd have to save/load to get something decent... and also the person with high lockpicking and luck would suck terribly at fights that are 80 % of the game :)

ok, I guess this game still isn't for me ;)
Kunovski: ooh, this seems like there's a way to play this the way I want :)

would you please elaborate? (in PM if you want)
sure, I even made "team creation guide" for one wasteland 2 fansite, but unfortunetly its in polish (on the other hand, czech is quite similar to polish, so I can send you link if you want)

anyway, to summarize it, quick math:
If you want to have six sills developed till lvl 9 (last lvl you can get by reading speciall books or by using trinkets) you'll need 216 skillpoints. If five skills, then it goes down to 180 points. 4 skills – 144 points. 3 skills – 108 points.

Now, if you have 10 int, when you get 38 lvl (out of ~41 at the end of the game) you'll earn 202 skillpoints through whole game.
If you stick with 8 int, at 38 lvl you'll have 172 point in total. If you end with only 4 int, you'll earn 126 skillpoints.

If you create two rangers with 10 int, one with 8 int, one with 4 int and take Rose or Vulture to the team (you can get only one of them - first have 10 int, second have 8 int) you'll have enough points to develop all skills. For safety reasons you can stick also with ralphie, who can be recruited at nomads (third location you'll be visiting) and after 10 lvl can have 4 int

Hope it will help with planning your team :)
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Salmanasar
Daniel_M: Ok, clearer now. :)
I think you have to expect that with open world RPGs you often face challenges you have to return to later.
It has nothing to do with whether or not you have enough time to play a game more than once (don't we all know that problem too well ;)) but more with acceptance of a bit of backtracking. Of course, that acceptance varies from person to person, but again: open world RPG.
Kunovski: I wouldn't mind that much, in fact I did just that - there was a place when you met a person at the end of the zone you could talk to, and depending on your skills you would get info from him, kill him or start a fight, something like that... so I didn't finish the zone, went on to another zone and once I got enough experience, I came back to finish the first zone (a little silly approach, but ok with me)

but... most of the time this even isn't worth it - you gather skills to unlock a level XX safe, only to find a sock and a tissue in there... I'd have to have a person with very high luck to find something interesting, but as this is probably randomly generated, it would mean I'd have to save/load to get something decent... and also the person with high lockpicking and luck would suck terribly at fights that are 80 % of the game :)

ok, I guess this game still isn't for me ;)
Well, that with finding really useless shit can be annoying, no argument there.

As for chars not being able to have high combat skills in 1-2 weapon types without at the same sucking at lockpicking/whatever, that is again not true.
Ml33tninja: Why? Seperate locking and safe cracking just makes sense. Even in other games like this you always needed two skills on a trap locked chest. There are THREE different types of safes in this game. Each with either locking (for ones with a padlock) safecracking (one's with dials) and electronics (for number pads). What would you even call a skill that could open all of them? AS someone who has never beaten the game and made it only 10 hours you WILL NOT succeed getting everything without cheats or help. What you want to do is min/maxing. You are in the wrong forum for that. Go to the community forum(on the wasteland forum) and just ask. And even then your choices will cut you off from items and companion. So I don't see how you will even beat the game the way you think.
well, maybe there would be less types of locks, or the skill would be called "burglar", I don't know :) I guess this is not such a great problem to solve

and probably I just play games that allow me to get everything sooner or later, and don't punish me for choosing "the wrong" ways... Witcher, Divinity, The Secret World - they let you in a zone and if you're good, you can get everything, here you can't
About 75% of the way through Legend of Grimrock 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but gonna start a new game after I beat those, can't wait!
Have this elsewhere and won't re-buy here.. haven't played but it's in my "short list" of backlog games... Getting ready for Age of Decadence to release this week... (Really enjoyed it in Early Access and can't wait for the full release)...
So does anyone think that camera was better in the non-DC version? Plus has anyone had any crashes when exiting an encounter? I had one (to be fair it was 1 out of 3 encounters that I encountered a crash) and I was curious if I should start saving before I exit one
Fargo has already tweeted they'll have a patch today to fix the camera
Awesome GOG! That's how it's done. Looking forward to play the DC.
Argh, fuck it, just noticed the game won't work on 32-bit machines, so yeah, won't be playing this for quite some time.
still no luck on the director's cut for a backer (from torment kickstarter)
mirkobern: still no luck on the director's cut for a backer (from torment kickstarter)
Me too. :)

I'm not cashing in the key - hope it gets fixed soon. I'll wait.
Glad I waited,I'll check this out after I beat Witcher 2.
mirkobern: still no luck on the director's cut for a backer (from torment kickstarter)
Give it time. This is GOG, after all. They always seem to overlook something on anticipated releases, but they always get it fixed eventually.
omega64: I might be imagining it but the Director's Cut camera is unconfortably close to the ground even when fully zoomed out.
Never had this issue in regular Wasteland 2.
According to 100+ posts on Steam forums, no, you're not imagining it. Be warned that there's also lot of crash reports (there's workaround forcing dx9 mode that works to some people).