It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For many gamers, those were the first hot-seat games of childhood. Warlords series is back on our PCs thanks to Slitherine and GOG.COM. Check out turn-based strategy titles that preceded games like Heroes of Might and Magic.

As a leader of one of the fantasy factions, you have to conquer the land, vanquish your enemies while searching for magical treasures and beasts. Warlords I + II and Warlords III: Darklords Rising are games that still provide lots of fun in single and multiplayer and are quite a challenge even for experienced gamers.
So I've bought and installed Warlords 3 but there is no music.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Runing it under Windows 10 64 here and the music plays fine.
Gudadantza: Runing it under Windows 10 64 here and the music plays fine.
I'm also running it on Windows 10 64 Home, on an Alienware 17 R4.
I'm pulling my hair out.
I've gone through everything and can't understand why I'm not getting any music.

Edit: I uninstalled, restarted my laptop and reinstalled Warlords 3.
I now have music but for some reason whenever I start a new turn the next track starts as if the first couple of seconds of the track have been clipped. Also after a track has finished it begins playing the next, stops and returns to the previous track.
Also whenever I open the game I receive a message saying "Warning. You are low on disk space. This may affect gameplay".
I am definitely not low on disk space.
Post edited February 10, 2020 by andreasrayne
Gudadantza: Runing it under Windows 10 64 here and the music plays fine.
andreasrayne: I'm also running it on Windows 10 64 Home, on an Alienware 17 R4.
I'm pulling my hair out.
I've gone through everything and can't understand why I'm not getting any music.

Edit: I uninstalled, restarted my laptop and reinstalled Warlords 3.
I now have music but for some reason whenever I start a new turn the next track starts as if the first couple of seconds of the track have been clipped. Also after a track has finished it begins playing the next, stops and returns to the previous track.
Also whenever I open the game I receive a message saying "Warning. You are low on disk space. This may affect gameplay".
I am definitely not low on disk space.
For now and since the beginnng the music in this game has worked fine for me. But I suspect that the reason for your issues is the built in sound wrapper added by GOG to make the old music system working, If I am not wrong It was based in redbook audio or so, music track embebbed as a traditional music CD.
The wrapper makes the game read music files directly from the game folder as a modern workaround.
Some users have problems under windows 10 with the winimm.dll file under windows 10 osassionally.

I believe it is a file called winimm.dll and its configurator or ini file.
I have some problems with this system in other game like Imperialism (jumping tracks, stopping the music and not playing again etc), but as I say Warlords seems to work fine.

The possible solution could be try other/older version of the file but not sure.

About the message you are commenting about, just ignore it. Is a system message about incompatibility that dissapear if you run the game in windows 98 compatibility but I do not recommend do it because It can cause glitches and the game is already prepared to run in windows 7/10 as is.
The message is harmless. Just residual. It does not affect the game. But you can make a tr and run the game in compatibility to see if that is better for your music problem.

Greetings
Where is the original Warlords III? Reign of kings or something. That one was great.
M4TS: Where is the original Warlords III? Reign of kings or something. That one was great.
Reign of heroes, it’s included in this release with other content. It’s on the game page.
M4TS: Where is the original Warlords III? Reign of kings or something. That one was great.
nightcraw1er.488: Reign of heroes, it’s included in this release with other content. It’s on the game page.
I didn't see it on the game page. all I get is Darklords Rising to select
Reign of Heroes is not Included as a standalone title in GOG.

But The Darklords Rising version was a title which got included the Reign of Heroes Campaign plus the new Campaign and scenarios. DR was some kind of revision expansion upgrade of the original, adding more options and content.
nightcraw1er.488: Reign of heroes, it’s included in this release with other content. It’s on the game page.
da-ugh: I didn't see it on the game page. all I get is Darklords Rising to select
Please read the game page (on the website), it includes it.
I installed it on my Win10 64bit Desktop today

When I click play the game gives a warning there is low disk space and it might affect the gameplay ( while being installed in a partition with 60Gb free space!) but continues to the screen where you select resolution and game mode

Upon selecting Single player, the game goes into a blank black screen for several seconds and exits :(

Anyone had a simialr experience? Really desperate for a solution to this
vishvaTKH: I installed it on my Win10 64bit Desktop today

When I click play the game gives a warning there is low disk space and it might affect the gameplay ( while being installed in a partition with 60Gb free space!) but continues to the screen where you select resolution and game mode

Upon selecting Single player, the game goes into a blank black screen for several seconds and exits :(

Anyone had a simialr experience? Really desperate for a solution to this
Try the game sub forum, those are where game specific problems have solutions.
Also, some tips:
Avoid using galaxy. Run the exe from install area.
Ensure vcc components have been installed correctly.
Never install anything to windows folders like program files or x86.
Ensure directplay is enabled.
Partitions might mess with older games which don’t recognise them.