It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This world deserves a better evil.

<span class="bold">War for the Overworld</span>, a dungeon management game that lets you build your underground kingdom, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 5%-50% launch discount. It comes with GOG Galaxy support for Achievements, Leaderboards, and Crossplay.

The Overworld prospers while the Underworld has fallen into disarray, as demonic horrors and mischievous creatures hide in fear. But no more! With each new recruit and room that you claim, your dark power grows. Build, command, and expand your domain and soon the complacent kingdoms above will know your wrath!

Looking for some extra challenges and added variety, your malevolence? Check out the <span class="bold">Anniversary Collection</span>, which includes the <span class="bold">Heart of Gold</span> and <span class="bold">My Pet Dungeon</span> DLC, plus the <span class="bold">Underlord Edition</span> content. If you want to alter your minions appearance, check out the <span class="bold">Worker Skin Collection</span> DLC.

The 5%-50% discount will last until June 21, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: The base game is now available on GOG Connect until June 21, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 15, 2017 by maladr0Id
tammerwhisk: Is the charity thing a limited time thing or no?
Simburgur: The plan is for it to be available indefinitely, but as it's a joint project with various entities involved it may need to end at some point but I don't see that happening for quite a while.
Thanks for the response. Can't state enough how refreshing it is having devs put effort into launching stuff here.
high rated
Simburgur: The plan is for it to be available indefinitely, but as it's a joint project with various entities involved it may need to end at some point but I don't see that happening for quite a while.
tammerwhisk: Thanks for the response. Can't state enough how refreshing it is having devs put effort into launching stuff here.
Thank you for the support :)

Our ethos when it comes to communication is to simply act how we would want developers to act - a few years ago we were just fans like yourselves, so we appreciate what it's like to be on the other side (bit more background here).

Whenever you see other developers acting the same please make sure to let them know you appreciate it and keep the good vibes going!
tammerwhisk: Never really touched anything from this genre before. Seems interesting though, but all the reviews seem to compare to Dungeon Keeper which I never played.

Anyone know of anything that might help a total newbie decide whether to buy or not?

P.S. Super refreshing seeing devs actually put effort forth here.
It's a god game. You are a godlike presece, the Dungeon Keeper. You'r main task is to instruct your minions to dig out and built dungeon and protect it with your minions and traps from intruders that try to destroy your dungeon heart. It plays like a RTS/City Bulider. Different like a normal RTS you don't guide your minions directly. They move independently and have their own needs like to eat and sleep. The only way you can lead them is to give them tasks like dig out a room or place a marker where they should go. As a god you have also the might to pick up your minions with your hand (mouse pointer) and place them where you like them to be, throwing lightening on your enemys or even posess a minion and walk around in your dungeon like in a FPS.
I bought this a very long while ago and just got around to playing it these past couple days. I've had a blast with it, to say the least - it's much faster than DK and it puts more pressure on you doing stuff quickly but it's super enjoyable. Good to see it on GOG!
As a backer it's just a shame it took so many years, vague promises, and being made to feel second-class for wanting some kind of DRM-free release of this game. It really put me off and made me wish I hadn't backed, like this was another Kickstarter disappointment.

It's a shame that the devs weren't as forthcoming several years ago when these elements were at their worst, and especially when I had a back and forth with a representative on their Facebook page who didn't exactly fill me with any confidence about how they treated their backers.

I've submitted my request for a GOG key, so we'll see if years of waiting (not a problem if something is genuinely being worked on and I know the investment is in good hands) and being made to feel like a liability for supporting the devs in making their dream happen, are finally worth it.

I can't say I'm as happy as I imagined myself feeling back when this was originally pitched to me on Kickstarter, but I think many of us have learned the harsh lesson from crowd-funded games by now.
EuroMIX: Snip
I kick started and know how you feel.

To be honest I think the Devs didn't follow realise how easy it is to get ensnared into Steamworks, then found it difficult to run two branches of code.

They did post on GoG over a year ago their intent to release here, and had Galaxy been a bit more mature when WftO was first released things might have been different. I just hope their next project will get a simultanious gog/steam release.
EuroMIX: Snip
mechmouse: I kick started and know how you feel.

To be honest I think the Devs didn't follow realise how easy it is to get ensnared into Steamworks, then found it difficult to run two branches of code.

They did post on GoG over a year ago their intent to release here, and had Galaxy been a bit more mature when WftO was first released things might have been different. I just hope their next project will get a simultanious gog/steam release.
This basically sums it up. We had always intended for there to be a GoG release, it was just a matter of time.

Overall, we were very inexperienced at the time and incredibly under-resourced. Without the marketing support and additional funding from Steam Early Access and the time saved by Steamworks, the game would have never been released.

Once we had gone down that road, our primary goal was to support and improve the game until it was in a good state.

The maturity of Galaxy was certainly a factor, but the main thing was us simply having the time to produce a DRM-free version of the game we'd be happy to sell - the old version wasn't that, which is why you could only get it along with a Steam Key via our website.
phaolo: I like when devs and players interact normally and get along : )

(nowadays it's almost rare, due to various crazy entitled users or some uncaring devs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cygUnviN-fc&

This video sums it all up quite nicely. It's all about communication and honesty and building a relationship with customers so they see your game company as human and caring, rather than as some bean-counting corporate entity that moves on to the next project.

I remembered hearing some bad things about this game at the game's launch, but after watching this video and reading a bunch of reviews and comments on GOG, Steam and elsewhere on the web it totally appears that they sorted out everything and turned it into an awesome game that people are quite happy about. Seems like a great example of how to build a fan base of customers even if you make some mistakes simply by doing the right thing to fix things that went wrong, and communicating all along with customers in an honest manner.

Kudos to them for that.
Glad I spotted this before it was gone, but the Crucible DLC isn't showing up with the Anniversary Collection.

I have Heart of Gold, My Pet Dungeon and Underlord Edition Upgrade.
CelineSSauve: Glad I spotted this before it was gone, but the Crucible DLC isn't showing up with the Anniversary Collection.

Don't worry - It's free and included with the base game, no need to download anything. Enjoy!
CelineSSauve: Glad I spotted this before it was gone, but the Crucible DLC isn't showing up with the Anniversary Collection.

Simburgur: Don't worry - It's free and included with the base game, no need to download anything. Enjoy!
Oh, okay. XD

Thanks for the quick reply!
Not at all my thing, but wish-listed, just 'cause I understand it has proper Galaxy-FREE multiplayer :)
Post edited June 21, 2017 by gloombandit

Simburgur: Don't worry - It's free and included with the base game, no need to download anything. Enjoy!
Might wanna have GOG remove this item from the store, then ;) -- if I correctly understand what you mean by "base game", then having this DLC as a separate item serves no purpose.
Why are the DLCs of the Mac and Linux version not updated? Only the DLCs of the Windows version are 1.6.2f3.
Silverhawk170485: Why are the DLCs of the Mac and Linux version not updated? Only the DLCs of the Windows version are 1.6.2f3.
Don't worry! DLCs don't need updating, the Windows ones were just mislabeled.

All the DLC downloads do is 'unlock' the DLC in the base game - all content is in the main download as much of it is visible to all players in multiplayer.