It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lynch is served.

<span class="bold">Virginia</span>, a trippy and surreal thriller that pulls you into a Lynchian fever dream and never lets go, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount!

A young boy goes missing from a secluded small town, straight in the American heartland. The two FBI agents assigned the case are confronted with tight-lipped suspects, bizarre findings, and horrors both real and imagined. Also a buffalo.

The 20% discount ends February 14, 2PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ixRoFx277QE
Post edited February 07, 2017 by maladr0Id
This is undoubtedly an unconventional game. For anyone looking for more insight on Virginia's silent storytelling and the strong influences of Twin Peaks and The X-Files in its style, here are some interesting reviews you can check out:

Eurogamer thinks this is a must-play experience that totally gets David Lynch.

Polygon celebrates the game's deviation from the norm and calls it powerful and original.

Jim Sterling isn't quite ready to name Virginia a classic but applauds the strong narrative and stirring soundtrack.

IGN enjoyed the calculated nuances that Virginia deftly weaves into its narrative and the cinematic show-don't-tell approach.
Post edited February 08, 2017 by maladr0Id
Wish the trailer showed actual gameplay rather than constant blurbs on how wonderful it was. will wait till I see a proper review/play
Wishbone: And the "Most useless game trailer of 2017" award goes to...
Vythonaut: ...Hearthlands?
What! Have you both already forgotten about <i>Caladrius Blaze</i>?
TheCollector: Puzzles or not: I love me some well written video game stories I can play in MY tempo with a haunting or unique atmosphere to it. And I heard, Virginia would be decent in THAT department. Looking forward to play it.

Sure, there are adventure games "missing" on GOG, but it makes me happy to see, what we DID get so far. Looking on my wishlist of adventure games (with about 150+ titles... yeah, I like writing lists a lot), I realised, GOG did manage to get about 75% of them and thats great. I almost have more potential hours of adventure gaming on my hard drive than lifetime to play them. :-P
That last bit sounds like my backlog (which, incidentally, is also mostly adventure games). :-) I always tell people I'll be playing games for at least ten years after I die!

Unfortunately, due to a nasty surprise from the tax man last week no matter how tempted I am to break my self imposed purchase price limit, this one's going to have to go on the wishlist for now!
Looks amazing. Instabought.
I have been waiting for this, can't buy now because I'm broke but maybe during next sale.
Wishbone: And the "Most useless game trailer of 2017" award goes to...
Tyrrhia: What! Have you both already forgotten about <i>Caladrius Blaze</i>?
I'd have said Torment: Tides of Numenera...
Post edited February 07, 2017 by FoxySage
Looks good for me.

But why is there only a steaming DEMO?

I think I'm not the only one with an old system, who wants to test the game before buying.
Removes it from the _______ (other drm-ed service) wishlist, adds to cart.
*Instawishlisted

Thanks again you amazing folks at 505 games. You deserve to be here.

*edit: nonono not instabought! no moni/won't feed ya backlog monster ;D
Post edited February 07, 2017 by vicklemos
Smannesman: Looks/sounds interesting although the 20% off isn't enough to tempt me at the moment.
Its a nice price, the fact it is FPP is the worst part otherwise instabuy, i like point and clink games but classic ones, no fpp or 3d engines or voxel graphics.

i'm still hoping for real classic to arrive: (i have all games except : Nightlong)
but i would like to have them here at GoG drm free

Nightlong (Team 17)

Animation Arts Collection

Lost Horizon (steam or securom)
Lost Horizon 2 (steam)

Secret Files Collection:

Secret Files Tunguska (drm free)
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
Secret Files 3
Secret Files: Sam Peters
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura (from black mirror 2 and 3 devs)

Chronicles of Mystery The Tree of Life
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual
Last Half of Darkness - Society of the Serpent Moon

Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny
Art of Murder - FBI Confidential
Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer

The graphics are a less compared to the secretfiles and Chronicles of Mystery , but still playable

and finally a cartoon style adventure:

Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths

Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Bermuda Syndrome
Post edited February 07, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Tyrrhia: What! Have you both already forgotten about <i>Caladrius Blaze</i>?
I hadn't forgotten it, I just misremembered the release date. I thought that was in December 2016. Right, so the award definitely goes to Caladrius Blaze, but Virginia gets second place.
The kid's hiding in the barn...

Anyway, I love adventure games, Twin Peaks, David Lynch (mostly), and walking simulators (for the right price).

But I've had to make a rule for myself to not buy anymore adventure games until I finish at least 20 of th 100+ unfinished ones I already have...so...wishlisted it goes.
Thanks guys!! I've been waiting for this. So great to see new games come out on GOG.
Waited to see this on GOG. Was tempted to buy it on steam but this is way better. Played the demo and loved it now I will probably buy the full game very soon. :)
Majnun: The kid's hiding in the barn...

Anyway, I love adventure games, Twin Peaks, David Lynch (mostly), and walking simulators (for the right price).

But I've had to make a rule for myself to not buy anymore adventure games until I finish at least 20 of th 100+ unfinished ones I already have...so...wishlisted it goes.
I know the feeling having a huge backlog myself. However maybe it helps your decision to know that afaik this game only takles a few hours to complete. So while it probably will be a great exoerience if you like Twin Peaks / Lynch / X-Files it will also be a pretty short one which can be played on a rainy afternoon (which isn't the case with most advemture games you might have on your list).
HereForTheBeer: "I l-l-love the art style" - Max Headroom

Lame joke aside, hmm. Might finally have to dive into the adventure genre.
If you want to dive into the real adventure genre this might not be the game to do so since basically the "adventure" stuff consists of clicking specuial points and see what is happening after you did so. This game is more atmosophere, art and story than real gameplay. In real adventures you actually have to think how to solve puzzles (logiocal based ones and inventory based ones).
Post edited February 07, 2017 by MarkoH01
Breja: The Fargo comparison and "walking simulator" mentioned above on the other hand make me want to run away screaming.
It's not really a walking simulator... walking simulators usually let you... you know... walk. :-)
Breja: The Fargo comparison and "walking simulator" mentioned above on the other hand make me want to run away screaming.
Gersen: It's not really a walking simulator... walking simulators usually let you... you know... walk. :-)
So what od I do here? Float around like Baron Harkonnen? Or do you mean it's more linear and doesn't let the player wander aimlessly through the game world?