It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

<span class="bold">Vikings - Wolves of Midgard</span>, a brutal action-RPG drenched in the bloody Norse mythology, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!

When the Gods do battle, all us mortals can do is hope that the least cruel one will emerge the victor. But not the proud Viking warriors of the Ulfung clan - no, they are determined to interfere. Sacrificing your enemies' blood to the Gods will give your warrior or shieldmaiden incredible powers, powers they need to survive this cold, unforgiving land, and slay the rampaging giants.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KvgYN89BaGg
Post edited March 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Let's see how the game performs sales-wise. Maybe Games Farm can then finally complete the second part of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms.
another A-RPG I am actually very interested in checking out

looks promising and fun and pretty all around
Pre-ordered ages ago :)
Hmm... where are the system specs?
OraEtLabora: Hmm... where are the system specs?
The system specs hasn't been invented yet
OraEtLabora: Hmm... where are the system specs?
I guess that means that everyone running Windows 7, 8 or 10 can automatically run it. :P
Just platinum'd Nioh, so I might actually have time to download and play Vikings sooner rather than later. Looking foward to some epic action. :)
Yay, at long last, hope it turns out to be worth the wait.

Meh, game only autosaves, no manually saving.

It's a pretty good game with a few niggles, some slowdown on a few levels.
Odd control system, shift seems to work as both highlight items and used to keep you rooted to the spot.
Bows suck, as you carn't aim up, so you really need to place yourself just right, very frustraighting even when you have both a clear view of the enemy above....lots of fiddling and repositioning later & voila, one dead enemy.
Armour, Swords etc all can be crafted with the correct amount of resources, they do take time to collect.
Thus the next bugbear ( furry-thing that nibbles at your knees. ) it's random, so all that time collecting crap and you end up with something worse than you could of picked up for free, that feels like a kick in the love-lumps.
Would of liked a much better system that that....but it is what it is *grumble*..you will eventually get something worth while, way to much trial and error.
Upgrade path is weak, upon leveling you get one point for stats, two for abilitys, wack them into the chosen god upgrade path only to be greeted with a lackluster ability, many of them being passive....just crap.
Unlike many other game it didn't feel like a achievement/reward.
Cameras ok, found it a pain to see some chests tucked away on the edges, nothing massive tho.
Ai is dire, it won't attack until you are toe to toe for the most part, when it does just roll away or disengage.
Maybe that changes on a higher difficulty, will have to check that.
Voices are am dram level, serviceable but about as norse as me.
Pretty game, really offers nothing new, better games exist, that it's greatest downfall.
That and the price........carn't see me getting any replay out of this one.

...Ah ha, a update via galaxy, what ? patch notes *Fixes issue with players being unable to Defeat the Jokul *
Really, wtf.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by DampSquib
Already 'mixed' on Steam.
Of course I can't afford it anyway so I can wait and see.
A tad expensive...
Can not quit the game via menu and can not change the language to german. What is the problem right now?

Have to edit now:
You can change all the settings after first hero creation in english. Do not know why. It is very strange......
I am confused why the devs do that in this order....
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Patsche85
Grargar: Let's see how the game performs sales-wise. Maybe Games Farm can then finally complete the second part of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms.
This.

I've been hoping that Book 2 will eventually be released for months now, I really enjoyed the HK games very much and am looking forward to continuing on. Lets hope V: WoM does really well to make it happen.
Grargar: Let's see how the game performs sales-wise. Maybe Games Farm can then finally complete the second part of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms.
Pajama: This.

I've been hoping that Book 2 will eventually be released for months now, I really enjoyed the HK games very much and am looking forward to continuing on. Lets hope V: WoM does really well to make it happen.
Hm looking at reviews on Steam its not looking good at the moment. Still I do hope book 2 gets made. Book 1 was quite good.
The price makes it unlikely I'll play it anytime soon, but it does look nice. I guess everyone got a nice release lately- Delta Force series for someone looking for older games, Beat Cop for those looking for retro-pixely games, and now this for those who like things new and shiny.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Breja