It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let the music bewitch you once more.

<span class="bold">Video Game Show - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Concert</span>, a concert featuring award-winning music from the game, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!

More often than not, a game's soundtrack is pivotal to the impact of the overall experience and The Witcher 3 is no exception. In this movie, you can enjoy over 30 tracks from Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, and Blood and Wine, all performed live during the Film Music Festival 2016 in Kraków.
The concert was organized by CD PROJEKT RED in cooperation with the Kraków Festival Office.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gHnJqJ37JOw
Post edited March 01, 2017 by maladr0Id
Can anyone, who has seen this already, please tell me how the concert is presented:

Are there pauses and someone walks on stage and talks about the game/soundtrack?
In the YouTube clip linked in the news post you see recordings of in-game footage in the background, how much spoilers do they contain?
(I mean, I've been through the game already, but I intend to try the different choices and finish the sidequests as well.)

Is the 1080p file still the 4K one, like dormany wrote or is this corrected by now?

The last one is highly subjective:
How do you like the arrangement, are there tracks that differ very much from the original feel in the game, for the better or worse?

Thank you very much.

Midoryu
You all need to get over yourselves, its sad how desperate you all are to have people think you are cultured.
Midoryu: Are there pauses and someone walks on stage and talks about the game/soundtrack?
The Most pauses between tracks were Removed or shortend, with very nice transitions, (So, you dont have minutes of applaud between tracks).
And there are no spoken explaination or talk about the music. At the beginning of every track, the title is shown on Screen

Midoryu: In the YouTube clip linked in the news post you see recordings of in-game footage in the background, how much spoilers do they contain?
Like the titles of the tracks, the in game sequences do contain some spoilers, but without some context, its not too bad (like in other videogame conerts)

I have not yet finished the game and too be honest: i was not really spoilert by the videos, but every one is different in this regard.

Midoryu: Is the 1080p file still the 4K one, like dormany wrote or is this corrected by now?
No, the 1080p version is now in 1080p. But, you should know, that only the 4k version has the best sound quality.
For me its a huge diffenrence in soundquality (the 1080p version audio track has really half the size of the 4k version) (you can really hear it in the beginning)

Midoryu: How do you like the arrangement, are there tracks that differ very much from the original feel in the game, for the better or worse?
I really like the arrangement of the concert. the most tracks dont really differ much from the game versions, but the one that do, keep the feeling of the game and work better for a concert.

i hope i could help :-)
Dermop: [snip]
Cool, thanks for your detailed response. I will buy it then.
Skabb15: You all need to get over yourselves, its sad how desperate you all are to have people think you are cultured.
Eh?
Are we really stuck with lossy AAC 320?
Any word on a possible Blu-ray release with LPCM or DTAHDMA tracks?

Are we really stuck with lossy AAC?
Any word on a possible Blu-ray release with DTSHDMA?
Post edited March 05, 2017 by geekgamer
geekgamer: Are we really stuck with lossy AAC 320?
I'm in total agreement with you on that one, I won't buy concert videos unless there's a LPCM track. If they were really concerned about file size they could have had the concert authored as a file with [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9]VP9 video & FLAC multi-channel audio. In a concert video since there isn't constant high speed action one can achieve great quality at relatively low video encoding rates with proper encoder settings. I've done so myself with concert videos for my own personal use, I don't notice any artifacts when I play them on my 4K monitors.
Midoryu: Can anyone, who has seen this already, please tell me how the concert is presented:

Are there pauses and someone walks on stage and talks about the game/soundtrack?
In the YouTube clip linked in the news post you see recordings of in-game footage in the background, how much spoilers do they contain?
(I mean, I've been through the game already, but I intend to try the different choices and finish the sidequests as well.)

Is the 1080p file still the 4K one, like dormany wrote or is this corrected by now?

The last one is highly subjective:
How do you like the arrangement, are there tracks that differ very much from the original feel in the game, for the better or worse?

Thank you very much.

Midoryu
The supposed 1080p file is still 4K

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 11.5 GiB
Duration : 1 h 28 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 18.5 Mb/s
Writing application : HandBrake 6548svn 2014112401

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 18.3 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.088
Stream size : 11.4 GiB (99%)
Writing library : x264 core 142 r2479 dd79a61

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 160 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 102 MiB (1%)
Title : Stereo / Stereo
Language : English
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1
dormany: The supposed 1080p file is still 4K
sorry, my bad. i thought it was like: the 1080p link leads to the 4k file. the 1080p linked video is indded in 4k with a lower bitrate in video&sound :-(
dormany: [snip]
Dermop: [snip]
No worries.
Luckily, I only left the 720p version running yesterday while doing other stuff and pretty much liked it.
(Almost had gone for 1080p, but since sound would be the same, anyway, I didn't)
With my internet connection downloading the 4K file would take almost a full day, so I didn't bother with that one up until now.
Maybe I'll write GOG support later that I would pretty much like them to up the sound quality on the non-4K files, because sound quality is what bothers me most.
Xerafex: CD Projekt Red announced on reddit that they will release an MP3 of the concert later this year.
Hmm thinking about buying this, but would love a high quality FLAC release based on it. They must have higher quality audio from the mixing desk. MP3 they would probably, sadly pull from the mp4.

I have to echo what others have noted, 4K video (great), but the audio seems a lot lower resolution than what you'd like, particularly for a concert where the focus is on audio more than other video genres.
Midoryu: Are there pauses and someone walks on stage and talks about the game/soundtrack?
Dermop: The Most pauses between tracks were Removed or shortend, with very nice transitions, (So, you dont have minutes of applaud between tracks).
And there are no spoken explaination or talk about the music. At the beginning of every track, the title is shown on Screen

Midoryu: In the YouTube clip linked in the news post you see recordings of in-game footage in the background, how much spoilers do they contain?
Dermop: Like the titles of the tracks, the in game sequences do contain some spoilers, but without some context, its not too bad (like in other videogame conerts)

I have not yet finished the game and too be honest: i was not really spoilert by the videos, but every one is different in this regard.

Midoryu: Is the 1080p file still the 4K one, like dormany wrote or is this corrected by now?
Dermop: No, the 1080p version is now in 1080p. But, you should know, that only the 4k version has the best sound quality.
For me its a huge diffenrence in soundquality (the 1080p version audio track has really half the size of the 4k version) (you can really hear it in the beginning)

Midoryu: How do you like the arrangement, are there tracks that differ very much from the original feel in the game, for the better or worse?
Dermop: I really like the arrangement of the concert. the most tracks dont really differ much from the game versions, but the one that do, keep the feeling of the game and work better for a concert.

i hope i could help :-)
Wait what? That's not good! I want the whole concert as an option. Chopped concerts gets me out of the concert mood. I don't want live music videos I want a concert.

A unchopped version option is very important for me. I hope there will be one in the future.
Tarm: Wait what? That's not good! I want the whole concert as an option. Chopped concerts gets me out of the concert mood. I don't want live music videos I want a concert.

A unchopped version option is very important for me. I hope there will be one in the future.
I'm not sure I understand...
The music is played continuosly with transitions between the tracks(just like Dermop wrote).
The gameplay scenes I am referring to are shown on a huge screen in the background, behind the orchestra.
There are no direct interruptions happening. Everytime the gameplay scene is shown in full it is done by zooming way out, the musicians are visible at all times.

You can see this already in the sample provided in the news post:

If this explanation didn't help you, please explain further what you mean with "chopped versions" exactly and I will try to explain in more detail.
Post edited March 06, 2017 by Midoryu
Tarm: Wait what? That's not good! I want the whole concert as an option. Chopped concerts gets me out of the concert mood. I don't want live music videos I want a concert.

Midoryu: I'm not sure I understand...
The music is played continuosly with transitions between the tracks(just like Dermop wrote).
The gameplay scenes I am referring to are shown on a huge screen in the background, behind the orchestra.
There are no direct interruptions happening. Everytime the gameplay scene is shown in full it is done by zooming way out, the musicians are visible at all times.

You can see this already in the sample provided in the news post:

If this explanation didn't help you, please explain further what you mean with "chopped versions" exactly and I will try to explain in more detail.
It's the part where you wrote that most pauses between tracks were removed or shortened. I actually like pauses because those and other things like for example audience reactions are what, well, makes a concert a concert.
Tarm: It's the part where you wrote that most pauses between tracks were removed or shortened. I actually like pauses because those and other things like for example audience reactions are what, well, makes a concert a concert.
I see what you mean. No, there are no audience reactions to be seen or heard, unless I missed them completely.
Could have been a not so great sounding studio recording as well. Both ways have their advantages, but I see where you are coming from. It's Sweden. (Put jokes here)