It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
jambo485: May i just ask if people are able to create an online account?

I fill out all the details to create an account but when i get to Serial Number i enter the one under my game in GOG and i receive the following message

Could not connect to server code 'Bad User'

I really want to play with a friend, am i missing something?

Thanks
Was that long ago, there was a server problem earlier that has since been fixed afaik.
jambo485: May i just ask if people are able to create an online account?

I fill out all the details to create an account but when i get to Serial Number i enter the one under my game in GOG and i receive the following message

Could not connect to server code 'Bad User'

I really want to play with a friend, am i missing something?

Thanks
Are you trying to use GIFT-OF-GEAR as your serial number?

To get your multiplayer key:

Click on Victor Vran in your library, then click More, then click Serial Keys.
A quick heads-up to anyone who's interested, just got notification for the patch that shifts the treasure key from being an online feature to an offline one.

This is the statement included in the changelog -

GOG bonus items - they are now given the first time the user walks into the hub, once per installation (not per in-game character), if they haven't already been given (e.g. via the old redeem mechanism).
CarrionCrow: A quick heads-up to anyone who's interested, just got notification for the patch that shifts the treasure key from being an online feature to an offline one.

GOG bonus items - they are now given the first time the user walks into the hub, once per installation (not per in-game character), if they haven't already been given (e.g. via the old redeem mechanism).
+1 thanks for letting everyone know. Once per installation is also a nice compromise I think.
CarrionCrow: A quick heads-up to anyone who's interested, just got notification for the patch that shifts the treasure key from being an online feature to an offline one.

Thanks for the heads up! Thanks to the devs for addressing the concerns of GOG users! Re-wishlisted!
budejovice: Thanks for the heads up! Thanks to the devs for addressing the concerns of GOG users! Re-wishlisted!
Not a problem. It's a fun game, and I'm saying that with all 5 difficulty modifiers on.
I like that you can choose how many you want to activate. (Unless you do hard mode, in which case all 5 are turned on and you can't ever shut them off.)
It provides for a scale ranging from "enjoyable with a bit of challenge" to "son of a bitch, I'm almost out of healing potions, need to run like hell, super monsters trying to slaughter me while 75 percent of my hits bounce off and my life is slowly being eaten away automatically so I'd better figure out how to take out swarms while keeping my health as high as possible".
budejovice: Thanks for the heads up! Thanks to the devs for addressing the concerns of GOG users! Re-wishlisted!
CarrionCrow: Not a problem. It's a fun game, and I'm saying that with all 5 difficulty modifiers on.
I like that you can choose how many you want to activate. (Unless you do hard mode, in which case all 5 are turned on and you can't ever shut them off.)
It provides for a scale ranging from "enjoyable with a bit of challenge" to "son of a bitch, I'm almost out of healing potions, need to run like hell, super monsters trying to slaughter me while 75 percent of my hits bounce off and my life is slowly being eaten away automatically so I'd better figure out how to take out swarms while keeping my health as high as possible".
That sounds like some properly thought out, carefully designed difficulty settings. Rare as Hen's teeth.

Wish-listed, in full support of devs & gog, at full price as soon as I can spare the money :-)
DRM-free multiplayer when?

Sad to see GOG give up on this principal.
Review

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-31-victor-vran-review?utm_source=eurogamer&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=net-daily

Excerpt :

Beyond that, there's online co-op for teams of up to four - the browser's a bit basic, but I had fun nonetheless - and there's a wave-based endless area to unlock if you're after an end-game. Victor Vran's clearly been made on a fairly tight budget, then, but the design does a lot with a little, and its dark fantasy world is filled with character, from cobbled streets and autumnal slums, to playful Elites such as The King of the Pumpkins that Explode - a king whom, it must be said, lives up to his name quite beautifully - and probably makes for some memorable first days of parliament.

More than all that, the game's just extremely personable. The story is forgettable, but it's delivered via Victor's schlocky pronouncements and a playful, teasing, taunting voice in his head that seeks to unsettle you at every turn. ("Victor, you need a vigilante name. How about Hatman?") Equally, alongside the swamps and crypts you're expecting, you get standout locations like the Forlorn Chateau, a haunted mansion with a seriously unpleasant attic that delivers one of the most charismatic ARPG maps I've visited in quite a while. Sure, even middling ARPGs are almost always fun for an hour or so, but Victor Vran will keep you hitting stuff and collecting loot for a lot longer than you might expect.
Immoli: DRM-free multiplayer when?

When did GOG given up on principal DRM-free? The exact criticism is also there from my side but it is not true that GOG therefore has given up on its principals. It is this game or better the concurrent state. And the Q&A was good for now, so let's just wait what it'll be in a few weeks.
Immoli: DRM-free multiplayer when?

GOG never said anything or made any principles towards DRM-Free multiplayer, besides very few multiplayer games were completely copy-protection free in multiplayer as most of them required every user to use a unique serial key.

GOG may have given up a few principles such as flat pricing but never about DRM-Free. Even better, the game devs have heard the community's disappointment regarding the online code activation and have provided a remedy to it: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/victor_vran_developer_qa_b9a24/post28

Cheer up, you have no reason to be sad over something that was never promised in the first place. :-)
Post edited August 01, 2015 by Ganni1987
Victor Vran Post Release Roadmap :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/541907867786761716/
Shadowflight: Victor Vran Post Release Roadmap :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/541907867786761716/
Ermm...yeah, except the expansion and the difficulty, nothing to be excited.
wolfsrain: Ermm...yeah, except the expansion and the difficulty, nothing to be excited.
Ahem, I think you missed the 'Emote DLC'.
wolfsrain: Ermm...yeah, except the expansion and the difficulty, nothing to be excited.
Smannesman: Ahem, I think you missed the 'Emote DLC'.
At least you don't have to buy the 40 dollar deluxe version to get them like with destiny.