It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vampyr is now available DRM-free. Get it 60% off until June 21st, 1pm UTC.

London, 1918. You are newly-turned Vampyr Dr. Jonathan Reid. As a doctor, you must find a cure to save the city’s flu-ravaged citizens. As a Vampyr, you are cursed to feed on those you vowed to heal.

Will you embrace the monster within? Survive and fight against Vampyr hunters, undead skals, and other supernatural creatures. Use your unholy powers to manipulate and delve into the lives of those around you, to decide who will be your next victim. Struggle to live with your decisions… your actions will save or doom London.
high rated
Nice surprise, bought - thanks Focus and GOG!

As for 12 months delay to release here... realistically, most games are bugfests at release, more like what used to be beta versions before digital distribution.
So I wouldn't have played a complex game like this until at least a few patches anyway. At least we have a stable version now, that is instantly playable without worrying much about problems.
Ouch, those requirements. :(

Wishlisted for now.
gibbeynator: You thought you could distract the GOG community from your massive scumbag action of taking Epic's money, WHICH YOU DID NOT NEED TO DO TO GET THE BIGGER SHARE, by giving them a year old C+ action RPG. Guess what, didn't work.
To be fair, most AA devs are pushing forward on very modest returns. To get a deal like Epic is offering has been unheard of.

Instead of attacking Epic, I think pushing Steam (and possibly others) to sweeten the deal for devs is a better action. IMHO that's where the outrage should be channeled.

Now, if devs were swimming in profits, there might be an argument against these moves, but they aren't.
high rated
What.
I didn't think there was a chance Vampyr would come to GOG, or I would definitely not have bought it from Steam.

But that was a year ago. I don't even remember what I paid for it.
So, as a reward to Focus for providing a DRM-free version, and seeing as how it's only $20 right now, I simply must own the DRM-free copy.

BOUGHT!
I'll do whatever I can to support GOG, along with the developers and publishers who make their games available to us here. It means a LOT to me. I hate relying on third-parties simply to activate a game I paid for. I pay them money, and they still require that I prove to them that I paid for it every single time I install it. That behavior indicates a lack of trust for the very people that paid them for their game. GOG is the perfect solution for that, and it's the main reason I buy most of my games here.

And next time, I'll try and be more patient!

Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

And to anyone on the fence, it's not perfect, but I thought it was a very good game, and tremendously atmospheric. If you don't already own it elsewhere, I'd say it's a steal at this price.
Post edited June 15, 2019 by GilesHabibula
Does someone know if it possible to customize the Mainchar or is the RPG-part "only" storytelling?
A Plague Tale is my most wanted Focus game. I hope it will come here too, possibly sooner than in a year!
DF1871: Does someone know if it possible to customize the Mainchar or is the RPG-part "only" storytelling?
You play a fixed character as part of the story, the look and gender and everything like can't be changed. You level and upgrade your characters vampiric abilities and equipment though like most RPG's.
Are there any RPGs where Vampires are a playable class/race? Off the top of my head all I can think of is Elder Scrolls series
Crosmando: Are there any RPGs where Vampires are a playable class/race? Off the top of my head all I can think of is Elder Scrolls series
Might and Magic 8. Vampires are a playable race alongside dragons, trolls, and minotaurs. And (of course) necromancer as a class option.
Crosmando: Are there any RPGs where Vampires are a playable class/race? Off the top of my head all I can think of is Elder Scrolls series
Nervensaegen: Might and Magic 8. Vampires are a playable race alongside dragons, trolls, and minotaurs. And (of course) necromancer as a class option.
Damn, can't believe I didn't realize that, shouldn't have played the default party I guess.
https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption
https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines
https://www.gog.com/game/sacred_gold
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
BloodLust Shadowhunter
DARK // en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_(video_game) (*It's actually stealth action RPG and more Stealth than RPG, but still ...)
Post edited June 15, 2019 by Loger13
Xabyer_B: Another game castrated in featured "only for GOG". And are we supposed to be grateful that they release it here?. I'm fed up with how devs treat GOG Galaxy users.

I will continue my game on the Game Pass PC and finish it for 1€. You don't deserve a penny more.
Devs?
The Publisher releases the game, not the devs, and typically won't want to spend any extra money adding client specific features, that require extra coding..

What features are castrated? Achievements I assume.
The publisher has also released it on Windows Store, also without adding their store client Achievements.
So it's not targeted at Galaxy users, so much as every one of the minor stores (e.g. Stores that are not Steam).

Xabyer_B: And are we supposed to be grateful that they release it here?
Well, yes. They don't have to release any games on GOG.
I for one am always grateful to get another Store Client (and DRM) Free game released on GOG.

This is also Focus Home Interactive's first batch of PC releases anywhere other than Steam, so give them some time to get things right.

On the more generalised topic of Store Client based features
While I've never understood the attraction of the damn things, they are specific store client features.
I'm glad I never see the crap, not being interested in any store client features, I don't use Galaxy.

Many publishers never even consider adding them initially, for these type of delayed releases.
Games often do get them added later, when (and if) patches are released, and the inevitable "Where's my Achievements" bleating starts on the forums.

Problem is each store client requires, client additional work.
Originally it was the stores that added these features.
Once their popularity was established, the tools were made available to devs, but for most publishers, that means PS$, XB1, and Steam, or their usual launch day platforms.
lostwolfe: well, now i'm incredibly torn.

i want this game, have been curious about it for a long while.

buuuut...

...dontnod have decided their next game is going to be exclusve, and to that other store, and i don't think i can support that :(

this is a frustrating quandry.

[but thanks dontnod and gog for bringing this game, here, my own stance aside.]
Dontnod didn't put the game on GOG, and published devs have little, or no say in publishing decisions, and that includes the Epic Exclusive deal.

The publisher's usually have full control of where, how, and at what price, the game is sold, and devs get no say in it..

Twin Mirror - Developer: Dontnod - Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment - Release: 2020

Seeing as the publisher that made the Epic exclusive deal is Bandai Namco, and not the publisher of Vampyr, which is Focus Home Interactive, then buying this game should have no bearing on the Epic deal.

If you want to penalise the ones making the Epic deal, don't buy games published by Bandai Namco.
Looks interesting. Going on the "wish I had a computer that could play it" list.
Does the game end satisfactorily and are the game breaking bugs ironed out? Jank doesn't bother me as long as the game doesn't feel like it was cut short and doesn't randomly crash.