It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Awoken to a world ruined by war, Alma must traverse the vast city of Arcadia before the life force of her friends and herself withers away. UNSIGHTED is now available on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
This is tricky as a lot of gamers hate time limits in their games, myself included, it could either help or hinder the game!

I don't know how strict the timer is so I'll wait for reviews to know for sure!
Post edited September 30, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
Time limits add some extra challenge and keep players not to far away from the main quest, but I usually prefer to have them in turn based games.
However, this game looks to be good and quite interesting. Wishlisted
Post edited September 30, 2021 by Lone_Scout
high rated
TZODnmr2k5: This is tricky as a lot of gamers hate time limits in their games, myself included, it could either help or hinder the game!

I am definitely one of those gamers who cannot stand time limits.
They interfere with my enjoyment of the game, it makes me feel rushed.
Speaking with the devs on twitter, apparently there's an Exploration Mode that removes the time limit altogether. My main issue is the stamina mechanic à lá Dark Souls, which I'd rather games stopped copying altogether. "Deep combat" shouldn't have to mean "let's put in a stamina bar and make it count for attacks/skills/blocking/dodging". The Guacamelee games have pretty deep combat without the need to emulate the Souls games, and even games that clearly drew inspiration from Souls-like, like the awesome Death's Door, changed some mechanics and made it... well... more fun and easier, without the elitist notion of "GIT GUD".

No game is for everyone, that's basically my motto, but I *really* wanted to support these devs, though now I'm not sure 20 eurobucks is a price I'm willing to pay when there's a huge chance I won't like the combat at all...

[EDIT] You know what else has "deep combat"? At least... hard but fun...? The first two Ys games. And all you do in those is bump into enemies (preferably at an angle or from the back).
Post edited September 30, 2021 by groze
groze: No game is for everyone, that's basically my motto, but I *really* wanted to support these devs, though now I'm not sure 20 eurobucks is a price I'm willing to pay when there's a huge chance I won't like the combat at all...
There is a demo [Steam has it, not sure where else] that you can try out.

It's a cool game, but there's definitely timing involved in attacking/defending. It's not quite as punishing as Souls, but it's not a cakewalk either. I personally enjoyed what it offered [in the demo - will need to pick up the full game]
groze: No game is for everyone, that's basically my motto, but I *really* wanted to support these devs, though now I'm not sure 20 eurobucks is a price I'm willing to pay when there's a huge chance I won't like the combat at all...
thuey: There is a demo [Steam has it, not sure where else] that you can try out.

It's a cool game, but there's definitely timing involved in attacking/defending. It's not quite as punishing as Souls, but it's not a cakewalk either. I personally enjoyed what it offered [in the demo - will need to pick up the full game]
Yeah, I just tried the demo from Humble, since it's DRM-Free over there, thanks for the heads-up!

Well, sadly, I think I'm going to pass. 20€ is a bit too expensive for what I'm getting, I'm definitely not a fan of the stamina system, I'd rather have a combo count for melee attacks and a stamina bar for skills, but a stamina bar for *everything* is really not something I enjoy. I died pretty quickly as soon as long-range shooting enemies were introduced, right after equipping chips for the first time. The pixel art also looks way prettier in trailers and screenshots than when I'm actually playing the game, which was a bit of a letdown, considering everyone seems to be comparing Tiani's work to Konjak's. As good as UNSIGHTED looks, it's no Iconoclasts, that's for sure. Then again, I don't want to be unfair, they're different kinds of games, Iconoclasts is a sidescrolling platformer, UNSIGHTED is seen from a top-down perspective, which kind of limits the look of it.

Maybe down the line, with some sort of discount, during a sale, I may consider getting it. A shame, really, as I wanted to send some love and support Pixel Punk's way. Oh, well... I just hope their game does great.
low rated
most of this seems pretty interesting. the time limit isn't for me [so i'm glad you can turn that off using exploration mode. i'm glad the developers did think of that.

---

could the developer [or an interested party] please confirm in the game forum for this game that it does not have drm?

thank you very much and congratulations on your release :)
groze: Speaking with the devs on twitter, apparently there's an Exploration Mode that removes the time limit altogether. My main issue is the stamina mechanic à lá Dark Souls, which I'd rather games stopped copying altogether. "Deep combat" shouldn't have to mean "let's put in a stamina bar and make it count for attacks/skills/blocking/dodging". The Guacamelee games have pretty deep combat without the need to emulate the Souls games, and even games that clearly drew inspiration from Souls-like, like the awesome Death's Door, changed some mechanics and made it... well... more fun and easier, without the elitist notion of "GIT GUD".

No game is for everyone, that's basically my motto, but I *really* wanted to support these devs, though now I'm not sure 20 eurobucks is a price I'm willing to pay when there's a huge chance I won't like the combat at all...

[EDIT] You know what else has "deep combat"? At least... hard but fun...? The first two Ys games. And all you do in those is bump into enemies (preferably at an angle or from the back).
Ironically the only developer who can make stamina gauge working well without us slamming our had on the corner of our desk in frustration is only From Software. Even Zelda is garbage in handling stamina bar.
Looks nice. I'm surprised it is not on Steam. Is the co-op mode local or through Galaxy only?

Edit: Nvm, it is on Steam and well rated so far apparently. Still curious concerning the co-op mode though.

Edit 2:

Ok, local co-op apparently (nice resource): https://steamcommunity.com/app/1062110/discussions/0/3081006782747077093/
Post edited October 01, 2021 by Magnitus
TZODnmr2k5: This is tricky as a lot of gamers hate time limits in their games, myself included, it could either help or hinder the game!

Agreed. If the game had items you could collect that extended the time, it may be worth a shot. But I'm just good enough when it comes to time limits.

I wonder if the game even has pause. Or a save system for that matter.
lostwolfe: could the developer [or an interested party] please confirm in the game forum for this game that it does not have drm?

Why shouldn't it be DRM free?
low rated
lostwolfe: could the developer [or an interested party] please confirm in the game forum for this game that it does not have drm?

Kikisama: Why shouldn't it be DRM free?
unfortunately, gog opened a very particular can of worms here, by allowing hitman 1 [the 2016 version of the game] onto their store. it has a form of drm where MOST of the game is just plain locked behind being forced to be online.

as a result of gog's slipping standards, i think it's just become imperative that - as users - we look out for each other and make sure that each game that gets released here /is/ actually TRULY drm free.

this - to me - seems the best way to accomplish that goal: have someone play the game a little [or have the developer swing by] to tell us if the game IS truly drm free.
Is Hitman no exception? Carcassonne has a DRM DLC, that wasn't that nice. Most games will still be DRM free. Can anyone confirm that Unsighted is DRM free? The game looks very interesting.
Kikisama: Why shouldn't it be DRM free?
lostwolfe: nonsense
Way to go! The devs seem like genuinely nice guys and you're shitting all over this release thread with your 'does this contain DRM' bs, scaring away potential customers. Good fucking job!