It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Under neon lights.

<span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span>, the stylish blend of FPS action and futuristic racing duels, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

We all know how it is to be living beside a computer. But living inside a computer? Now that's a different story entirely, one that Tron has always been great at telling. Tron 2.0 pulls you back into its digital world of flaming firewalls, deadly computer viruses, sublime geeky references, and stunning neon-washed environments. As the son of the brilliant engineer Alan Bradley, you must find what happened to your dad after he created Ma3a, a sophisticated program that allows people to get fully digitized. Once inside that computer world, you will fight dangerous foes, uncover nefarious corporate schemes, and of course ride the iconic light-cycles in breathtaking racing duels. Are you ready for the next level of cyberwarfare?

Upload your mind to the astonishing world of <span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span> and hack your way through its dangerously beautiful challenges -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount lasts until December 28, 10:59 PM UTC.
toxicTom: YES YES YES and BOUGHT
Venita: And also non-canon. If you care about these things.

I do. I care about things being canon. :P
toxicTom: No... The "other" movie is non-canon. The game is the actual sequel :-P
I wish, man. I wish.
Venita: I wish, man. I wish.
Your choice. The world is what you make it :-)

edit: typo
Post edited December 25, 2016 by toxicTom
Venita: I wish, man. I wish.
toxicTom: Your choice. The world is what you make it :-)

edit: typo
I would love to change the world,
but I don't know what it wears.
tinyE: I would love to change the world,
but I don't know what it wears.
Does it matter? It's more important what you brought ;-)
Wasn't this made because they weren't going to make a second tron movie but had a completed script for it ? and then a year or so after this they actually made the movie just with a slight change or two ?
nightshade2013: Wasn't this made because they weren't going to make a second tron movie but had a completed script for it ? and then a year or so after this they actually made the movie just with a slight change or two ?
Disney had various versions of a TRON sequel film script kicking around for years and years. What became TRON 2.0 in video game form, was originally supposed to be a film. To then be followed by a TRON 3.0 film and game combo.

Since TRON 2.0 didn't do as well as Disney wanted, TRON 3.0 was scrapped. Then, around 2007 - TRON's 25th Anniversary - Disney revived the idea of another film. At first it was going to be a full reboot, but fans protested and they backed off on that plan. So instead they went with a sequel. (But it was really more of a "soft reboot".)

I think after both playing TRON 2.0, and watching the TRON Legacy sequel (and for that matter, playing the TRON Evolution game), it's pretty obvious that Disney liberally borrowed from TRON 2.0. Cherry-picking whatever they liked, but relegating 2.0 to "alternate universe" status. (Even after 2.0 was originally declared the "official sequel" by Steven Lisberger himself, a few years earlier.)

Much like Disney recently did with Star Wars: Rogue One. Cherry-picking what they liked from the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games from LucasArts, as well. Thereby rendering the games null and void in the process . . .

P.S. I don't care what the "official" status of the games is. To me, they're all still part of the TRON and Star Wars continuities. Disney and LucasArts were willing to sell them and bill them as official at the time of their release. Disney doesn't get to wave a magic wand now and pretend they don't exist any more.
Post edited December 27, 2016 by redrain85
redrain85: P.S. I don't care what the "official" status of the games is. To me, they're all still part of the TRON and Star Wars continuities. Disney and LucasArts were willing to sell them and bill them as official at the time of their release. Disney doesn't get to wave a magic wand now and pretend they don't exist any more.
I fully agree with you but sadly everyone who has the say over a franchise gets to wave the wand of retcon as many times as he wants.

I even remember the case of a TV series where an entire season was subsequently declared to be a dream to bring a deceased character back from the dead...
The last time I installed the game (Not from GOG, but the original disc) I put on the patch and had Killer App running. I could never find a multiplayer game out there, I loved the multiplayer disc fights but since there were no games to get into, I eventually uninstalled and left it.

How strong is the Multiplayer community for this game now? The FPS single player is cool, but a bit on the boring side for me. Multiplayer was where I remember Tron 2.0 shining.
darthspudius: Shame the game is like a third of the price on Steam right now haha.
And i already had it in my cart here on gog, thanks for the tip, that's a way better price :)
darthspudius: Shame the game is like a third of the price on Steam right now haha.
ShadowAngel.207: And i already had it in my cart here on gog, thanks for the tip, that's a way better price :)
I just became a traitor to 3/4 of the posters here. hahaha. ;)
If the option is here, I try to buy here, but that's because this is my preferred digital store (because I find the experience of shopping here more pleasing than steam. I'm the one).

Enjoy your game, don't bait, and celebrate options.
I just want to take the time to thank both Disney and GOG for their DRM-free release of Tron 2.0. I missed out on getting MacPlay's original OS X port of the game, and now I finally get the chance to see what I've been out on. Running it through WINE actually works better for me, as Tron 2.0 on OS X never got a patch to get it working on 10.5, let alone a Universal Binary patch for Intel Macs. And I don't think you could have ever gotten KA to work on it anyway.
high rated
I scanned my TRON 2.0 English manual and quick reference card.

Large very high-quality version (for printing):
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&amp;id=0B5zJLRgiaqrGRFFURW9rXzJkWHc

Small lower-quality version (for reading and smaller download size):
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&amp;id=0B5zJLRgiaqrGVlc4SEpMd1NSVjg

I'm also still working on collecting a bunch of other extras, which I'll be submitting to GOG. Hopefully they'll be approved.
Post edited December 31, 2016 by redrain85
redrain85: I scanned my TRON 2.0 English manual and quick reference card:
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&amp;id=0B5zJLRgiaqrGRFFURW9rXzJkWHc

I'm also still working on collecting a bunch of other extras, which I'll be submitting to GOG. Hopefully they'll be approved.
Nice. Those scans are high res too, 213 MB for a manual and reference card. Great for those who want to print them out, though scans at a lower res would be more useful for digital use. GOG's manuals are usually only a few MB, so I daresay they'd want to resample them to a lower resolution.

What other extras are you working on? Soundtrack? Wallpapers? Avatars?
korell: Nice. Those scans are high res too, 213 MB for a manual and reference card. Great for those who want to print them out, though scans at a lower res would be more useful for digital use. GOG's manuals are usually only a few MB, so I daresay they'd want to resample them to a lower resolution.
Indeed, that's precisely why I did it. Should result in high quality printouts for those who wish to print the manual.

However, I can easily create a smaller version for download if everyone wants that. :)

EDIT: And, in fact, I just did. Edited my earlier post to include a link to smaller versions of the manual and reference card.

What other extras are you working on? Soundtrack? Wallpapers? Avatars?
Soundtrack, wallpapers, concept art, videos.
Post edited December 31, 2016 by redrain85