It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Under neon lights.

<span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span>, the stylish blend of FPS action and futuristic racing duels, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

We all know how it is to be living beside a computer. But living inside a computer? Now that's a different story entirely, one that Tron has always been great at telling. Tron 2.0 pulls you back into its digital world of flaming firewalls, deadly computer viruses, sublime geeky references, and stunning neon-washed environments. As the son of the brilliant engineer Alan Bradley, you must find what happened to your dad after he created Ma3a, a sophisticated program that allows people to get fully digitized. Once inside that computer world, you will fight dangerous foes, uncover nefarious corporate schemes, and of course ride the iconic light-cycles in breathtaking racing duels. Are you ready for the next level of cyberwarfare?

Upload your mind to the astonishing world of <span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span> and hack your way through its dangerously beautiful challenges -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount lasts until December 28, 10:59 PM UTC.
twilitezoner: Hopefully the Killer App Mod works with this version of the game.
tinyE: It works great. I'm using it now. You need to patch it first, but the MOD takes you to the address for that download.
Thanks for information. I went ahead and downloaded the App hoping it was going to work. :)
Post edited December 23, 2016 by twilitezoner
Thanks Disney and GOG!
Yes, another one off my wishlist. I already owned this on disc, but I gave that version away since the DRM on that version is crippling. It installs a nasty hook in Windows that will prevent any optical media emulation.
I bought it again on Steam so it would run on modern systems.
That version does not contain the crippling DRM anymore, just Steam.
I'm waiting for a little better offer before I will buy this again here., with the latest shackle removed that was Steam.
This is a very stylish game though and the sound effects, ahhh, the sound effects are so good...
Enebias: As someone who doesn't know the game, I ask: what makes it so great, in your opinion? It seems a common shooter from an external point of view, but since everyone regards it like one of the best games ever there must be something special...
Disc combat is fairly unique to the game among FPSs. There are other, more standard weapons to use, but mostly I just use the disc when I play. Feels good to block a shot with it and then hurl it at an enemy.

The graphics hold up extremely well because how abstracted they are. I actually think the game captures the aesthetic of the original movie better than the Tron Legacy movie that came out a few years back. The game also has a better story than that movie, too. It's clever how it uses the computer world as inspiration, such as a computer virus turning the people into diseased maniacs, or a militaristic villain being called the Kernel (if you groan at this stuff, you probably won't like the movie, either).

The power-up system is interesting, I think. You can't just load up everything at once because you only have limited space to work with, and that space gets even more limited if you're infected by the virus and your systems start being corrupted.

It's just a well-made game all around. Do you know the No One Lives Forever games? If so, think of this game as a sort of spiritual extension of those games. Same developer working in a similar style but with a different theme.
Post edited December 23, 2016 by andysheets1975
andysheets1975: Disc combat is fairly unique to the game among FPSs. There are other, more standard weapons to use, but mostly I just use the disc when I play. Feels good to block a shot with it and then hurl it at an enemy.
Yup, the disc combat feels much more satisfying than the traditional sorts of weapons available.
...or a militaristic villain being called the Kernel (if you groan at this stuff, you probably won't like the movie, either).
I find it pun-tastic. ;) That said, while the Kernel and his ICPs are antagonists I don't really see them as evil as they're simply following their programming. With all the havoc Jet is creating besides what the virus is doing it's understandable they consider him a threat to the system.
twilitezoner: So after installing the killer app mod; multiplayer will be available?
Yes, the mod helps to make TRON 2.0's multiplayer functional again. :)
Shame the game is like a third of the price on Steam right now haha.
This looks fantastic. Hey GOG, could you please run and squeeze it into the current sale still, for a bigger discount?
twilitezoner: So after installing the killer app mod; multiplayer will be available?
redrain85: Yes, the mod helps to make TRON 2.0's multiplayer functional again. :)
The MOD is fantastic. I would encourage everyone that buys this game to download it and the other files including the additional maps on the page.
darthspudius: Shame the game is like a third of the price on Steam right now haha.
The dangers of releasing a game close to a Steam sale.
tinyE: Are you a Tron fan? Did you see the original movie? Were you around for all the hype that came with it?

That has A LOT to do with it.
Back when I played through Tron 2.0, I had not seen the movie. I still liked the game, but I can't clearly remember why. :) It just generally left a good taste into my mouth, a solid and a bit different, story-based, FPS game. And I definitely loved its intro (music etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjKCXwZ9HU#t=142

I think I saw the Tron movie two years ago or so, it was surprisingly good for its age IMHO. I also saw the new Tron movie and I actually liked it quite a lot too.

Oh right, and I have definitely played the Tron coin op game in my childhood. It was actually my first (and for a long time, the only) contact to the whole Tron series.
darthspudius: Shame the game is like a third of the price on Steam right now haha.
Grargar: The dangers of releasing a game close to a Steam sale.
Indeed. It wasn't very well thought out haha.
YES YES YES and BOUGHT
Venita: And also non-canon. If you care about these things.

I do. I care about things being canon. :P
No... The "other" movie is non-canon. The game is the actual sequel :-P
twilitezoner: The MOD is fantastic. I would encourage everyone that buys this game to download it and the other files including the additional maps on the page.
Thanks! :) Though there's still room for improvement for Killer App, and v1.2 of the mod will be a major upgrade.

And yes, many of the fan-made multiplayer maps by the community are amazing. Despite the lack of support and tutorials for the game's custom map editing tools. (Though I did my best to help out a bit with that, back in the day, with some video tutorials.)
twilitezoner: The MOD is fantastic. I would encourage everyone that buys this game to download it and the other files including the additional maps on the page.
redrain85: Thanks! :) Though there's still room for improvement for Killer App, and v1.2 of the mod will be a major upgrade.

And yes, many of the fan-made multiplayer maps by the community are amazing. Despite the lack of support and tutorials for the game's custom map editing tools. (Though I did my best to help out a bit with that, back in the day, with some video tutorials.)
Thank you Red. Your App and the work of others keeping these older games alive is what makes PC gaming what it is.
Great work guys. I probably won't be buying this as I already own the game from 2003 but I applaud GOG for getting this game. It was totally underrated at time of release and deserves to get seen more.