It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Under neon lights.

<span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span>, the stylish blend of FPS action and futuristic racing duels, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

We all know how it is to be living beside a computer. But living inside a computer? Now that's a different story entirely, one that Tron has always been great at telling. Tron 2.0 pulls you back into its digital world of flaming firewalls, deadly computer viruses, sublime geeky references, and stunning neon-washed environments. As the son of the brilliant engineer Alan Bradley, you must find what happened to your dad after he created Ma3a, a sophisticated program that allows people to get fully digitized. Once inside that computer world, you will fight dangerous foes, uncover nefarious corporate schemes, and of course ride the iconic light-cycles in breathtaking racing duels. Are you ready for the next level of cyberwarfare?

Upload your mind to the astonishing world of <span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span> and hack your way through its dangerously beautiful challenges -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount lasts until December 28, 10:59 PM UTC.
WELCOME HOME, PROGRAMS.
So does this game use DirectX or OpenGL?
IronArcturus: So which patches/mods should be used with Tron 2.0? I've read about an Unofficial patch and the Killer App patch--do they have to be installed in a particular order?
The current Killer App installer includes the unofficial patch, so you just need to run that.
IronArcturus: So which patches/mods should be used with Tron 2.0? I've read about an Unofficial patch and the Killer App patch--do they have to be installed in a particular order?
cogadh: The current Killer App installer includes the unofficial patch, so you just need to run that.
Not for me. It told me I had to install the patch when I tried to first run the MOD. It took me right to the link for downloading so it did help me get the patch, however it wasn't included in the MOD itself.
cogadh: The current Killer App installer includes the unofficial patch, so you just need to run that.
tinyE: Not for me. It told me I had to install the patch when I tried to first run the MOD. It took me right to the link for downloading so it did help me get the patch, however it wasn't included in the MOD itself.
Are there multiple versions of the Killer App? Is there a centralized website with all the patches?
tinyE: Not for me. It told me I had to install the patch when I tried to first run the MOD. It took me right to the link for downloading so it did help me get the patch, however it wasn't included in the MOD itself.
IronArcturus: Are there multiple versions of the Killer App? Is there a centralized website with all the patches?
I'll give you the link I used, I take it that's okay to do in here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killer-app

I downloaded 1.1a
Post edited December 22, 2016 by tinyE
IronArcturus: Are there multiple versions of the Killer App? Is there a centralized website with all the patches?
tinyE: I'll give you the link I used, I take it that's okay to do in here.

I downloaded 1.1a
Ok, so is this the install order: Main game, Unofficial Patch, and the Killer App mod?
It's been a while since I installed it, I might be remembering the link to the download as "including" it. Either way, run Killer App and you will get pretty much everything you need for a great Tron 2.0 game.
tinyE: I'll give you the link I used, I take it that's okay to do in here.

I downloaded 1.1a
IronArcturus: Ok, so is this the install order: Main game, Unofficial Patch, and the Killer App mod?
Yes.
IronArcturus: So does this game use DirectX or OpenGL?
DirectX 9. I believe the LithTech Triton (Jupiter) engine the game runs on can do OpenGL or DX, but many of the custom effects added for Tron, like the special glow on characters and objects, only work in DX.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by cogadh
cogadh: It's been a while since I installed it, I might be remembering the link to the download as "including" it. Either way, run Killer App and you will get pretty much everything you need for a great Tron 2.0 game.
IronArcturus: Ok, so is this the install order: Main game, Unofficial Patch, and the Killer App mod?
cogadh: Yes.
IronArcturus: So does this game use DirectX or OpenGL?
cogadh: DirectX 9. I believe the LithTech Triton (Jupiter) engine the game runs on can do OpenGL or DX, but many of the custom effects added for Tron, like the special glow on characters and objects, only work in DX.
Thanks!
Does anyone know if the Infinite Install Loop from the Steam version is fixed here in the GOG version? The fix for Steam was to download an alternate launcher, as detailed on the PC Gamink Wiki page for TRON 2.0.

EDIT: Actually, I guess using Killer App makes this redundant anyway as I just found out that it uses its own launcher.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by korell
high rated
Hey all, one of the team members of LDSO here who worked on the Killer App Mod. (And is currently still working on the upcoming v1.2 of the mod.)

So, TRON 2.0 finally arrived on GOG. :) I knew it would show, eventually. Especially since, a few months ago, someone datamined the site and found an inactive page for the game, waiting to go live.

cogadh: EDIT - Hrm. Its been a while since I've checked out the Tron 2.0 community, apparently some of the links on the old LDSO site are a little wonky. An alternative is TronFAQ's blog, though some of the links there might be dead as well:
http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html
Unfortunately, yes, right now the download page on our LDSO site is broken. Our host changed the version of PHP that they use, and it broke some things. It's going to take some time to fix.

But all the download links on my blog are fine and working. :)

At this time, it's Install game > Download and install Unofficial Patch > Download and install v1.1a Mod.

The patch will be integrated into the upcoming v1.2 of the mod.

So apparently Killer App works fine? Regardless, I'm going to grab the GOG version and test all the mods with it, later. (User Error, multiplayer map pack, etc.)

korell: Does anyone know if the Infinite Install Loop from the Steam version is fixed here in the GOG version? The fix for Steam was to download an alternate launcher, as detailed on the PC Gamink Wiki page for TRON 2.0.

EDIT: Actually, I guess using Killer App makes this redundant anyway as I just found out that it uses its own launcher.
The install loop glitch should be exclusive to the Steam version. Disney added a totally unnecessary launcher of their own, but made a coding mistake in it that can cause the loop for some. There are a couple of ways around the problem, including a modified "TronLauncher.exe" I created to solve the issue.

But, again, you shouldn't have to worry about that with the GOG release.

I see that the GOG release doesn't currently come with any extras. Depending on what GOG sources from Disney, I may be able to provide some additional stuff. Like wallpapers, the soundtrack, etc.
redrain85: Hey all, one of the team members of LDSO here who worked on the Killer App Mod. (And is currently still working on the upcoming v1.2 of the mod.)

So, TRON 2.0 finally arrived on GOG. :) I knew it would show, eventually. Especially since, a few months ago, someone datamined the site and found an inactive page for the game, waiting to go live.

redrain85: At this time, it's Install game > Download and install Unofficial Patch > Download and install v1.1a Mod.

So apparently Killer App works fine? Regardless, I'm going to grab the GOG version and test all the mods with it, later. (User Error, multiplayer map pack, etc.)

I see that the GOG release doesn't currently come with any extras. Depending on what GOG sources from Disney, I may be able to provide some additional stuff. Like wallpapers, the soundtrack, etc.
Hi. I just tried the Killer App mod 1.1a with the GOG version and I set it for a higher resolution of 1680x1050. But when I run Tron 2.0 it's still stuck at 1280x960. Is there another way to manually set the resolution?
redrain85: Hey all, one of the team members of LDSO here who worked on the Killer App Mod. (And is currently still working on the upcoming v1.2 of the mod.)

At this time, it's Install game > Download and install Unofficial Patch > Download and install v1.1a Mod.

IronArcturus: Hi. I just tried the Killer App mod 1.1a with the GOG version and I set it for a higher resolution of 1680x1050. But when I run Tron 2.0 it's still stuck at 1280x960. Is there another way to manually set the resolution?
That happened to me.
You should have a new icon on the desk top listed at the Patch/MOD whatever. :P You need to start the game through that. Turn on or off the tweeks you want and then start the game (you'll see the play button there), BUT you won't see the resolution change until you start playing; it doesn't work on the title and option screens.
IronArcturus: Hi. I just tried the Killer App mod 1.1a with the GOG version and I set it for a higher resolution of 1680x1050. But when I run Tron 2.0 it's still stuck at 1280x960. Is there another way to manually set the resolution?
You may have gone into the Display options in the game. If you did, the game doesn't currently recognize any resolution in that screen that isn't 4:3 aspect. So it gets reset to a 4:3 resolution.

If you click the Display button on the game's launcher (not the Mod Manager program), you'll be able to select the resolution you want even if it's not 4:3.

In v1.2 of the mod, this issue of resetting the resolution on the Display options screen will be gone.

tinyE: That happened to me.
You should have a new icon on the desk top listed at the Patch/MOD whatever. :P You need to start the game through that. Turn on or off the tweeks you want and then start the game (you'll see the play button there), BUT you won't see the resolution change until you start playing; it doesn't work on the title and option screens.
All screens render in whatever resolution you select, but it may not look that way at first glance. That's because there will be black bars on the sides in the menus. But when playing in first-person, the image will fill the entire screen. The black bars are there, because otherwise the menus would stretch or otherwise look ugly.
IronArcturus:
redrain85: l be gone.

tinyE:
redrain85: All screens render in whatever resolution you select, but it may not look that way at first glance. That's because there will be black bars on the sides in the menus. But when playing in first-person, the image will fill the entire screen. The black bars are there, because otherwise the menus would stretch or otherwise look ugly.
That's why the guy on the title screen looked s good. :P I just assumed with the bars it was refusing the widescreen.

Thanks. :D