It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Under neon lights.

<span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span>, the stylish blend of FPS action and futuristic racing duels, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

We all know how it is to be living beside a computer. But living inside a computer? Now that's a different story entirely, one that Tron has always been great at telling. Tron 2.0 pulls you back into its digital world of flaming firewalls, deadly computer viruses, sublime geeky references, and stunning neon-washed environments. As the son of the brilliant engineer Alan Bradley, you must find what happened to your dad after he created Ma3a, a sophisticated program that allows people to get fully digitized. Once inside that computer world, you will fight dangerous foes, uncover nefarious corporate schemes, and of course ride the iconic light-cycles in breathtaking racing duels. Are you ready for the next level of cyberwarfare?

Upload your mind to the astonishing world of <span class="bold">Tron 2.0</span> and hack your way through its dangerously beautiful challenges -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount lasts until December 28, 10:59 PM UTC.
Took you guys long enough, jeez.

I've wanted to own this game for so many cycles...
tinyE: Never played this and a lot of people in here have been on my ass about that since I joined. :P

Hey, since I'm an old man, is there a patch to make it look like this?
that's the Tron i remember too.
I liked that version as well myself.
tinyE: Never played this and a lot of people in here have been on my ass about that since I joined. :P

Hey, since I'm an old man, is there a patch to make it look like this?
capricorn1971ad: that's the Tron i remember too.
I liked that version as well myself.
In high school a buddy of mine had that cabinet in his basement. That's probably why we never got any band practice in.
omega64: Is the unofficial patch mentioned there included?
Venita: It's not, but again, it should work. Unofficially. :P
Thank you. I appreciate being able to play the original game. Sometimes unofficial patches or "fixpacks" make questionable changes to a game, so I always prefer to be able to decide for myself whether or not to use them.
Oh sweet zombie jeebus, yes! This is one of the greatest games from the same people that brought us another wishlisted favorite, the No One Lives Forever series. Excellent story, engaging gameplay and a look that holds up surprisingly well despite its age. Adding the Killer App mod is a must, though. It gives the game true widescreen resolution, as well as compatibility with the limited multiplayer still running.

skirtish: If I remember correctly, the original version had light-cycle multi-player. The game card says single-player only. Has this been taken out?
You need to add mods to the game to really use any multiplayer these days, and the only servers still running are only available on limited days. See http://www.ldso.net/ for details.

EDIT - Hrm. Its been a while since I've checked out the Tron 2.0 community, apparently some of the links on the old LDSO site are a little wonky. An alternative is TronFAQ's blog, though some of the links there might be dead as well:
http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html
Post edited December 22, 2016 by cogadh
omega64: Is the unofficial patch mentioned there included?
tinyE: Unofficial Patch?
Check the pagelink to pcgamingwiki.
low rated
Not too shabby but i already have Tron 2.0 on Steam so i'll pass. :D
Still have the game on disc, so no buy from me. At least not at this prize.
This will be my first official double buy. I have it on Steam, and I always said I would buy it here if it became available. Now I will have two copies, but it is well worth it. This game is truly a lost classic. It's not canon anymore, but it is an equally good sequel to Tron. Seriously, the story is a worthy successor to the film. It's a first-person trip directly into the world of Tron. It has excellent voice acting from Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan from the original film. Alan Bradley is in the game along with his son Jet, who is also the son of Laura. (I'm not going to say anything about her. I'm avoiding spoilers.) If you are into Tron or just want to play one of the best first person shooters in existence, buy this. And if you like light cycles, you are in for a real treat.
Go for it, Program!
End of line.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by ZapMcRaygunn
So which patches/mods should be used with Tron 2.0? I've read about an Unofficial patch and the Killer App patch--do they have to be installed in a particular order?
Wow, I can't believe GoG actually got this. Instant buy for me.

Throw in the Killer App mod for proper widescreen and additional features.
Bought. Never played it before but looks really interesting.
Hooray. I've been looking forward to this release for some time. :)
deleted
Just downloaded, added the patch, added that huge MOD, and played a few minutes of the tutorial.

It looks and sounds EXACTLY like the original movie, complete with the weird echo they made when they walked and that annoying BIT that followed Flynn around, so even if the rest of the game goes downhill it is still the best FPS EVER.