It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is now available, DRM-free.

The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
you so need to update new tab on store page.
It's too soon for user ratings* on gog or steam, but a whole bunch of curators on Steam liked it; one claimed that, aside from combat, it was better than all previous Frozenbyte games. That would be a matter of opinion, but, for what it's worth. They didn't say what they disliked about combat. And it currently has a metacritic of 81/100.

[* Edit: 10 hours later, there are 93 steam reviews averaging 82% Very Positive -- plus Win7 problems solved by updating service pack, graphics problems solved by updating GPU driver, complaints about local & online co-op problems, and miscellaneous -- it's now the middle of the night in Finland, but earlier Frozenbyte was pretty actively working on help for bug reports in the forum thread ]

And as we already knew, it's back to 2.5D.

Seems promising.

Oh, and although it's obvious from where it's released, it's worth pointing out that they refused an Epic Store exclusive, which I'm sure they could've gotten if they wanted it, and is apparently worth some kind of significant cash money. Good for them!
Post edited October 09, 2019 by faroot
faroot: Oh, and although it's obvious from where it's released, it's worth pointing out that they refused an Epic Store exclusive, which I'm sure they could've gotten if they wanted it, and is apparently worth some kind of significant cash money. Good for them!
Just for this fact alone - instabuy.
I so, so wish this game will be as good as Trine 1 and 2. After the latest games, I will wait for trustworthy reviews gefore buying. Come back, Frozenbyte! (Also, please make another Shadowgrounds, if you are reading this! :P)
Enebias: I so, so wish this game will be as good as Trine 1 and 2. After the latest games, I will wait for trustworthy reviews gefore buying. Come back, Frozenbyte! (Also, please make another Shadowgrounds, if you are reading this! :P)
I call and rise your stake for Shadwen 2 (good this time) and Nine Parchment 2
Not really interested. I've always thought that the Trine games are beautiful looking, but a little repetitive and boring when it comes to gameplay.
faroot: Oh, and although it's obvious from where it's released, it's worth pointing out that they refused an Epic Store exclusive, which I'm sure they could've gotten if they wanted it, and is apparently worth some kind of significant cash money. Good for them!
Tarhiel: Just for this fact alone - instabuy.
This! Instabuy for me too.
Frozenbyte just started a launch stream for Trine 4. I'm having trouble snagging the URL for that, but an announcement from a few minutes ago is here. for those of you whose browser works better than mine: https://steamcommunity.com/games/690640#announcements/detail/1609399522967013268
Tarhiel: Just for this fact alone - instabuy.
Advanced89: This! Instabuy for me too.
Yeah, and they publish GOG game, which devs rarely do nowdays... even if they refuse exclusivity.
I'm happy to see another Trine release. Unfortunately they had to leave Linux out this time.
Advanced89: This! Instabuy for me too.
BeatriceElysia: Yeah, and they publish GOG game, which devs rarely do nowdays... even if they refuse exclusivity.
Right. They also added Achievements, which wasn't always the case with the last major GOG releases.
Generelly Trine 4 has a quite large feature set... Achievements, Cloud Saves, Controller support...

Highly appreciated! :-)
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Advanced89
I got the ship notice from Gamestop about my order of the ultimate collection (which is apparently an empty box with a Steam key... or keys and other code papers - again, making me wish I'd just cancelled the damn thing and saved money by buying 4 and leaving it at that). In the meantime, I suppose I'll be peeking in on reviews to see if it's a better game than 3 was.
Enebias: I so, so wish this game will be as good as Trine 1 and 2. After the latest games, I will wait for trustworthy reviews gefore buying. Come back, Frozenbyte! (Also, please make another Shadowgrounds, if you are reading this! :P)
BeatriceElysia: I call and rise your stake for Shadwen 2 (good this time) and Nine Parchment 2
I most definitely like another Shadwen, or at least another game with similar mechanics in the same universe, building on the previous one. For a very-low-budget stealth game it was imo very fun and solid. Sure, it isn't Metal Gear or Thief, but it does what it says, and it does it right.
gog and steam cross platform multiplayer is possible.