It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A snarky parrot. A stylish hook. A shrinking pocket ship?

UPDATE: The game's kickass Soundtrack and a retro-spirited Instructions Booklet (containing 25 pages of original art) are now available for purchase in one single DLC pack. Grab them together with the game for a 20% bundle discount.

Treasure Adventure World is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com

The ambitious sequel to beloved indie hit Treasure Adventure Game (which you can and should grab for free), Treasure Adventure World takes you into an open island full of wonders. Fun platforming, tricky puzzles and Peep's own secret past await you, probably hidden among this giant pile of unclaimed treasures and secrets!
GenlyAi: In addition to the discount, apparently the GoG pre-order also included a digital Instruction Booklet and OST. You can buy them now as DLC on Steam. Any chance they can also be offered here as DLC or as a package? (unless I'm missing something)
From the pre-order thread, it seems like a Special Edition including those bonuses may well be on the cards. If so, a Special Edition Upgrade would also make sense, so as not to discourage people from buying the base game in the meantime.
The only way to get the digital NES-style Instruction Booklet (and soundtrack) for less than $10 is to pre-order of GOG. Once the game has launched we may offer a Special Edition version that includes them as well, but it will cost more.

We are also launching a Wiki for the game that will be available for everyone who needs help with the game.
Thank YOOOOOU chucklefish for bringing us yet another gem! Insta-bought!
I played the original back when I was still on Windows and loved it. I would very much like to play this one too, but I'm a bit hesitant to put down the money at the moment due to no longer running that OS and that seems to be the only one supported.

To others who may have tried it: How well does it run under Wine?
To robitstudios: Are there any plans for a Linux release?
If you enjoyed the original version, you'll enjoy this version as well. It's much more polished and runs better on modern Windows, so going back to it is an easier experience. Even if you never played the original, but you like just sailing around and exploring the environments for secrets and treasures, this game is really satisfying in that regard. There are still those set-pieces and boss fights that made me sweat, and though I've never been much of a skilled gamer, I got past all those, so you shouldn't feel too intimidated. Much of the game is the same, but it's not just a re-skin, there's new areas and secrets, some quality-of-life improvements (the autosave is a huge blessing), some collectables like the dimensional fragments have been replaced with other collectables, and there's new items and abilities. The music is still good and the new art and animations are nice, I'd like to have wallpapers of the splash and ending screens. :) All in all, I highly recommend the game. And best wishes to Robit Games and company on the success of this game!
high rated
Maighstir: I played the original back when I was still on Windows and loved it. I would very much like to play this one too, but I'm a bit hesitant to put down the money at the moment due to no longer running that OS and that seems to be the only one supported.

Yes, we'd like to port to other PCs and consoles. Our plan is to fund them with the sales of the Windows edition.
Hey, just a note, it appears some of the achievements aren't working. I defeated 5 bosses which didn't give me any achievements. But the 1st boss did. I'm not an achievement-whore though, so I don't particularly care as long as the game works. Speaking of which, it just crashed on me. But I'm about 1/2 through the game, so I say it's running well. Actually, my biggest complaint is it not telling me to press E to pick up the bomb in the 1st temple. I remember that sequence from the original but you hit it to pick it up in the original. Not so in this version, and I stupidly didn't think about pressing the interact button (because it didn't pop up to say I could as it did with everything else) until I searched the entire world twice to figure out what I was missing, then had a random thought & it worked. lol

Oh, actually, I forgot the 1st bug I encountered. The beginning intro movie didn't play correctly. I could hear the music but it never played the video.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by ViperLancer
Maighstir: ...
robitstudios: Yes, we'd like to port to other PCs and consoles. Our plan is to fund them with the sales of the Windows edition.
Great to hear! I'll pin it for purchase when it's on Linux
Sequel? From the trailer, it looks to me like a remake of the original game?
gazrurka: Sequel? From the trailer, it looks to me like a remake of the original game?
"Though the gameplay is similar to TAG, graphics, story, and gameplay have all been changed in this re-imagining."

(That "official wiki" is linked to from the game's website.)
Maighstir: I played the original back when I was still on Windows and loved it. I would very much like to play this one too, but I'm a bit hesitant to put down the money at the moment due to no longer running that OS and that seems to be the only one supported.

robitstudios: Yes, we'd like to port to other PCs and consoles. Our plan is to fund them with the sales of the Windows edition.
Awesome!
I'll be waiting with anticipation and get it as soon as I see it's available (unless the game happens to be on sale then, in which case I'll wait for full price, it isn't very high).
Post edited February 08, 2018 by Maighstir
high rated
ViperLancer: Hey, just a note, it appears some of the achievements aren't working. I defeated 5 bosses which didn't give me any achievements. But the 1st boss did. I'm not an achievement-whore though, so I don't particularly care as long as the game works. Speaking of which, it just crashed on me. But I'm about 1/2 through the game, so I say it's running well. Actually, my biggest complaint is it not telling me to press E to pick up the bomb in the 1st temple. I remember that sequence from the original but you hit it to pick it up in the original. Not so in this version, and I stupidly didn't think about pressing the interact button (because it didn't pop up to say I could as it did with everything else) until I searched the entire world twice to figure out what I was missing, then had a random thought & it worked. lol

Oh, actually, I forgot the 1st bug I encountered. The beginning intro movie didn't play correctly. I could hear the music but it never played the video.
I will look into why the achievements aren't triggering.

The bomb enemies are supposed to show the button prompt - that may be a bug. Will look into it!

And as far as the movie - look in the options menu under Video/Audio. There are options for 2 different video players. Try the 2nd one and see if it works for you.
Congrats on the release! It's one of the few games I backed pre-release, years ago, because the original freeware game was so much fun.

I wanted to ask, is it possible for backers to get a copy on GOG? And if not, will the DRM-free copy on Humble receive the same updates as the GOG version?
high rated
CharlesGrey: Congrats on the release! It's one of the few games I backed pre-release, years ago, because the original freeware game was so much fun.

I wanted to ask, is it possible for backers to get a copy on GOG? And if not, will the DRM-free copy on Humble receive the same updates as the GOG version?
Yes, all versions of the game will receive the same patches. I will talk with GOG about setting using their Connect service that allows you to import games from your Steam library.
CharlesGrey: Congrats on the release! It's one of the few games I backed pre-release, years ago, because the original freeware game was so much fun.

robitstudios: Yes, all versions of the game will receive the same patches. I will talk with GOG about setting using their Connect service that allows you to import games from your Steam library.
That would be great! Thanks, and good luck with all the post-release work!
Marioface5: That's what I thought, but I could swear I saw it officially referred to as a sequel somewhere. Though either way, this actually leads to another question:

So is the lightning in this game going to be painful to the point of making it unplayable too, or no?
robitstudios: Hey! Sorry to hear the lightning is bothersome. There is an option to turn off flashing effects in the Options menu. Right now that doesn't affect the lightning storms, but I will change that in the next build.
I have a minor sort of accessibility-related request too. When the text is scrolling in the dialogue boxes, the text in a multi-line box starts off centred and then jumps up when the next line starts appearing. For some reason this really messes up my eyes, I guess it's because it moves while I'm already reading it.

I was wondering if there was a way it could start off in the appropriate place (so higher up in the box when there are multiple lines) or actually, even just an option to turn off the scrolling would do it.

p.s. The rendering problem I mentioned in the preorder thread is fixed on the new version, thanks!