It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Townsmen - A Kingdom Rebuilt is now available DRM-free. Get it 40% off until October 29th, 2pm UTC.

Welcome, your Highness! A vast land awaits your settlers and is ready to be colonized. Send your architects and builders to plan and construct a city. But also send your craftsmen, to cut some wood and to mine ore. Make sure your fields are on fertile grounds, to get all the food for your hungry subjects! Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt hands the crown to you: guide your people from their first steps in a small village to a massive medieval metropolis with thousands of inhabitants.
Looks nice.

Edit: Wait...at 1:05 in the video...was that an avalanche?
It's hard to tell by the screen clipping, but there doesn't seem to be a mountain around, that's high enough for such an avalanche to go off.
Post edited October 22, 2019 by BreOl72
Has that fuzzy, warm Settlers vibe to it.
The bakery or the butcher’s workshop will provide food, the monastery, the juice manufacture and the vineyard will bring the drinks
WTF? I have never heard of a "juice manufacture" in a medieval (or any other pre-19th-century) context.
BreOl72: Edit: Wait...at 1:05 in the video...was that an avalanche?
It's hard to tell by the screen clipping, but there doesn't seem to be a mountain around, that's high enough for such an avalanche to go off.
Game page mentions avalanches as a thing, so I guess that's what it was.
There must've just been a tabletop GM who got ticked off at his players somewhere nearby. ;P
Post edited October 22, 2019 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: Game page mentions avalanches as a thing, so I guess that's what it was.
Yeah, I've read that afterwards.
My usual MO with new game releases is:
watch the screenshots, if those are pleasing --> watch the video, if that's pleasing --> read the game's description.

So I wrote my comment after watching the screenies, edited my comment after watching the vid, and then didn't bother further editing after I read the description. ;)
BreOl72: My usual MO with new game releases is:
watch the screenshots, if those are pleasing --> watch the video, if that's pleasing --> read the game's description.
Interesting. Whereas I seldom watch the video(s) at all. =)
HunchBluntley: Interesting. Whereas I seldom watch the video(s) at all. =)
I watch the videos, because screenshots alone can be deceptive.
Moving pictures are usually better to convey the actual gameplay.
BreOl72: My usual MO with new game releases is:
Sometimes you watch screenshots and think it looks interesting and then watch the video and realize it's completely different playstyle than you expected. Can help a lot.
BreOl72: I watch the videos, because screenshots alone can be deceptive.
Moving pictures are usually better to convey the actual gameplay.
In my case, it's because I don't care about 90% of games, and of the 10% in which I am somewhat interested, I wouldn't be able to run at least 60% (nor afford many of those I could run). =]
This looks super cute, there's a charm to 2D city sims that no 3D engine could match. I really like the style, this is probably what the Settlers would've looked like today if they kept true to their original artstyle.

And I enjoy seeing how Handy-Games seems to move more and more from… well, typical mobile phone games, to actual decent indie PC titles. You notice that these aren't just a bunch of youngsters who read a "create your own F2P phone game template" tutorial, but people who want to create a game that's fun to play and that they can be proud of (and who remember playing the Settlers, hehe).
low rated
i like the look and feel of it, general lee, but teh... what, 2-3 frames of animation per character isnt inspirin'
Fairfox: i like the look and feel of it, general lee, but teh... what, 2-3 frames of animation per character isnt inspirin'
What? General Lee should get more frames of animation? Is he more important than the other generals?
Still hoping that, somehow, Medieval Mayor happens.
Anamon: This looks super cute, there's a charm to 2D city sims that no 3D engine could match. I really like the style, this is probably what the Settlers would've looked like today if they kept true to their original artstyle.

And I enjoy seeing how Handy-Games seems to move more and more from… well, typical mobile phone games, to actual decent indie PC titles. You notice that these aren't just a bunch of youngsters who read a "create your own F2P phone game template" tutorial, but people who want to create a game that's fun to play and that they can be proud of (and who remember playing the Settlers, hehe).
LOLWHAT? This game is actually "port" of mobile F2P game called same - Townsman. And this is that bother me most. I played this game on Android and can say its decent, nice looking, not template based, with reasonably made production chains, big amount of options,with lot of scenarios and so on. BUT, there is problem - while not being pay2Win, this game on mobile is still In-App Payment centered. you can play it fine without donating ever just by collecting everyday reward and completing certain tasks, but i wonder how its implemented on PC. I kinda hard they simply ripped off payment option without changing ANYTHING so if you play not carefully enough its easy to stuck completely.

Another thing is this game is not exactly hard - once you learn basics its kinda hard to fail. With not biggest effort in almost each map you end with that effective town so you literally dont need to do anything anymore.

Another thing is that 20$ is WAY too much for this game. Its mobile backport! I dont see any logic here, its not like they make huge profit on mobile, and its quite old game anyway, its been around for years, they probably squeezed everything they can already. They made lazy port (not even bothered with anything except Win) and asking THAT price?
Post edited October 23, 2019 by Redfern
Yes, it is a mobile port and I wonder, why there is no Mac or Linux version. Hmm...