It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A whole new epic quest line spanning 4 acts, accompanied by 15 additional side quests, new weapons, enemies, and more. Titan Quest: Eternal Embers is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 10th December 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
eiii: I love Titan Quest. But unfortunately the GOG version has an annoying micro stuttering so that I stlll have to play my retail version, which most likely is not compatible with this extension.

MarkoH01: ... not sure if I will buy it in the end knowing that I might not be able to enjoy it.
eiii: Sounds more like "not being able to play it at all" to me. I guess I should take good care of my retail version and forget about the extensions. Looks like buying the Anniversary edition has been a failure.

idbeholdME: The hardest part of summoners in Titan Quest is the normal difficulty. Once you get past that into the next difficulty, the summons receive huge HP scaling bonuses so they can actually live for a while.
eiii: Sounds like a stupid difficulty design to me when the higher difficulty actually is easier to play.
Have you tried to run the game in dx9 mode?

If you use Galaxy you can select tha option under additional executables, if you run the game directly from a shortcut without Galaxy you can use the command line /dx9

Maybe your performance gets better. Worth the try
low rated
Niggles: Wonder why they made the decision to lock this DLC to the higher difficulty? (cynicism aside)

Actually thinking about it, the game has been out for a long long time and probably built up a decent sized fanbase over the years. Can't imagine the number of people legendary difficulty would be that insignificant..

Personally no issue with the price as it seems to be an expansion and not a tiny DLC many games churn out.
Were they too lazy to make it work on all difficulties? o.O
Mori_Yuki: A clever move to lock this overpriced DLC to Legendary mode. Until customers are able to discover bugs or other issues it will take weeks playing through TQ->IT->Ragnarôk and possibly Atlantis to get there. In a worst case scenario they will not receive a refund, a good thing for THQ, don't you think? ;)

I would suggest new players use TQ Defiler to unlock Legendary mode or download a save file. In case it doesn't work or it's just a bad DLC there is plenty of time to request a refund.

I will wait until this DLC receives a 50 to 60% discount before it's going to end up in my library.
richlind33: Do you know if Defiler is still being updated?
As far as I am aware of it there hasn't been any. Using it with a base game level 1 character, without DLC, this should still work. I can't tell whether it works with this new and updated version and Defiler still recognizing characters created with it. This is why I made the suggestion to download saved games.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Since the content is only open to one of the existing difficulty modes, I'll wait till the price is reduced to a proportionate level.
eiii: Sounds more like "not being able to play it at all" to me. I guess I should take good care of my retail version and forget about the extensions. Looks like buying the Anniversary edition has been a failure.o play.
Why schouldn't you be able to play at all (or do you mean the micro stutter you mentioned?)? You can start with a new character on legendary at once. You get a lot o0f skill points (over 200) to spend and you'll find weapon and armor stashed at the beginning of the DLC. The only question that remains is "is this enough"? I watched a video of someone not really great at TQ and after some starting difficulties he managed to enjoy the gameplay with the help of two pets he created. So it seems possible to play the DLC even if you aren't a professional.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by MarkoH01
idbeholdME: The hardest part of summoners in Titan Quest is the normal difficulty. Once you get past that into the next difficulty, the summons receive huge HP scaling bonuses so they can actually live for a while.
eiii: Sounds like a stupid difficulty design to me when the higher difficulty actually is easier to play.
Summons are the only case in the game that applies to. It has been a big topic ever since TQ released. The problem lies in the fact that the difference in HP scaling compared from Normal level 1 to whatever level monsters start Epic at (40 or so) is a massive jump (several times the survivability). The summon scaling is always performed at the start of the difficulty and it is not nearly as massive when going from Epic to Legendary. Due to that, the difficulty progression for summon builds is 2-1-3 or 3-1-2 (Normal-Epic-Legendary, 3 being the hardest). Act 5 is notorious for absolutely deleting all your summons constantly on normal. The person who started talking about it even mention the Charon boss fight, that fills a small area with multiple extremely damaging AoE attacks that delete even characters standing in them for a couple seconds, not to mention unscaled summons.

NOTE: I am talking about TQ Gold. No idea if they changed anything about this in the Anniversary Edition but from the sound of it, doesn't appear so.

RadonGOG: Because you cannot (and couldn't, even it would be possible) choose a higher difficulty level just to start a game with? It would be borderline impossible to progress at Legendary with a LV1 character.

Of course it's up to you to define what difficulty is for you, but it doesn't sound like it like that definition would perform well...
Difficulty levels - several options where a higher one is more difficult than the previous. Ignoring the edge case described above, it fits the definition just fine. When it unlocks is not really relevant.

But let's just agree to disagree.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by idbeholdME
Gudadantza: ...if you run the game directly from a shortcut without Galaxy you can use the command line /dx9
Aw, cheers for that, mate! In DX11, even with triple buffering and vsync on, I was still getting this band of screen tear in the middle that was driving me nuts. The rendering's a little blander in DX9, but the game finally runs smooth.

Many thanks!
richlind33: Do you know if Defiler is still being updated?
Mori_Yuki: As far as I am aware of it there hasn't been any. Using it with a base game level 1 character, without DLC, this should still work. I can't tell whether it works with this new and updated version and Defiler still recognizing characters created with it. This is why I made the suggestion to download saved games.
The last update I got was shortly after Forgotten Gods released. Don't know if he did another one after that but he was slowing way down, so I'd be surprised if he did.
Why do we (apparently) need to choose between "controller support + telemetry" or the previous version with controller support?

https://www.gog.com/forum/titan_quest_anniversary_edition/is_eos_epic_online_services_in_the_gog_version_of_titans_quest
Mori_Yuki: As far as I am aware of it there hasn't been any. Using it with a base game level 1 character, without DLC, this should still work. I can't tell whether it works with this new and updated version and Defiler still recognizing characters created with it. This is why I made the suggestion to download saved games.
richlind33: The last update I got was shortly after Forgotten Gods released. Don't know if he did another one after that but he was slowing way down, so I'd be surprised if he did.
The last update I found was Defiler .net 2020. As MarkoH01 and Schizo2015 in the German forum mentioned, it is possible to start out with a Legendary character, so the use of Defiler should not be necessary.

-

Knowing what I know now, thanks to Schizo who yesterday so kindly answered my questions, I should like to apologize for my initial critique regarding locking content in this topic... Sorry for that. This was both unfair and not justified and there is no excuse for that.
rjbuffchix: Why do we (apparently) need to choose between "controller support + telemetry" or the previous version with controller support?

https://www.gog.com/forum/titan_quest_anniversary_edition/is_eos_epic_online_services_in_the_gog_version_of_titans_quest
EOS is used for multiplayer game sessions and tools used for Epic game development toolkit. When it comes to Steam versions of games, it is used to create crossplay between Steam and Epic online store, I do not know how this works on gOg.

Satisfactory had a big bruwahah about it when it was released on Steam, and Coffee Stain made a FAQ:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/526870/discussions/0/2299597907738984352/

edit - it is just that EOS is becoming more used for cross-play. Steamworks only works for Steam games, but EOS is an open set of tools and it is platform agnostic. gOg tried something like this, not sure how well known it is or how easy it is to use. I can see how EOS might as some point become more and more MP standard, as it does not tie you into a single store.

and edit 2 - for the fear mongers. EOS is abrivation of Epic Online Services, and has nothing to do with the store. It is the online framework which comes as part of the Epic game development tools, same as the Epic engine.

and finally edit 3 - part of the problem here is that EOS (Epic Online Store) had the same abrivation as EOS (Epic Online services) which I think was a horrible choilce and someone should have been fired over it....
Post edited December 06, 2021 by amok
rjbuffchix: Why do we (apparently) need to choose between "controller support + telemetry" or the previous version with controller support?

Yes, you can see update on that thread, titan quest does not run without those dll’s, so you are locked to it. I will likely roll back to an earlier version which somehow just worked without all these extra requirements and dependencies, who would have thought that was possible!!
before i diatribe, i'd like to say thanks to thq for actually bringing this expansion to gog.

---

and now, on with the rant!

i'm not buying stuff on the store, because i'm boycotting, but if i weren't boycotting, this wouldn't be a game i bought.

locking the game behind a MANDATORY difficulty wall just feels like the least fun way to build your game, ever.

[and yes, some folks have mentioned that you can just start in legendary difficulty, but that's not a thing i'm at all interested in doing. i played on normal difficulty just for seeing the plot of the game and for doodling around and having fun. having to FORCIBLY start in a much higher difficulty "just because" isn't a great design decision. it also makes it impossible for folks like me to play the game. [i'm not as young as i used to be - so iffy reflexes - and this is a arpg, where your reflexes are somewhat important. this is coupled with other handicaps.]

i'm not sure who thought this would be a good idea, but it's not.

sooo...

...thanks for saving me money i wasn't going to spend, i guess? :P
Post edited December 06, 2021 by lostwolfe
low rated

nightcraw1er.488: Yes, you can see update on that thread, titan quest does not run without those dll’s, so you are locked to it. I will likely roll back to an earlier version which somehow just worked without all these extra requirements and dependencies, who would have thought that was possible!!
Thanks for the confirmation. Well, it is one of those gray areas where the user has to determine if they mind it or not, though I agree the more dependencies they are in something like this tends to risk a similar effect to DRM in the future. Also as probably obvious, for anyone else reading too, my original comment here should say "the previous version *without* controller support".
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, you can see update on that thread, titan quest does not run without those dll’s, so you are locked to it. I will likely roll back to an earlier version which somehow just worked without all these extra requirements and dependencies, who would have thought that was possible!!
rjbuffchix: Thanks for the confirmation. Well, it is one of those gray areas where the user has to determine if they mind it or not, though I agree the more dependencies they are in something like this tends to risk a similar effect to DRM in the future. Also as probably obvious, for anyone else reading too, my original comment here should say "the previous version *without* controller support".
So I just reinstalled with version 9, and that only has discord (which can be removed) and gog galaxy spyware on, so this has purposefully been added to version 10b. I see that there is a new version out 10c, I don’t know if that helps any. Frankly I am sick and tired of spyware being pushed into offline installers, it’s every release now we go through this. No changelog, no option to download previous versions. I was thinking about laying my boycott of gog, but it’s clear they just don’t care at all about what gets pushed out, and even THQ are at it now. If someone does use 10c, can they confirm if steam/epic spyware was removed? Me I will hang onto the last working copy.