It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's about forking time!

Ransome Unbeeped is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
He may not be handsome, but he's *beeping* Ransome! The potty-mouthed clown of Thimbleweed Park, who's consistently amusing but never amused, is finally getting un-censored in this very unwholesome DLC. Let his mouth run wild, unrestrained by those annoying *beeping* sounds, which were added in a misguided effort to preserve his political correctness.
A fool's errand, that was.
even if it is a joke

the joke's on you if you pay for something like this

it's like paying to be humiliated, I guess it does it for some people, and those doing it/getting paid to do it go home and count their dollars like "omgwtf I can't believe they pay me for this"
high rated
drealmer7: even if it is a joke

the joke's on you if you pay for something like this

it's like paying to be humiliated, I guess it does it for some people, and those doing it/getting paid to do it go home and count their dollars like "omgwtf I can't believe they pay me for this"
I might buy it just for fun, considering that it costs just a pittance. I do not see it as paying for being humiliated, but as giving a reward for making me laugh.
It would appear that the joke is on anyone who doesn't get the joke.

Now, if only people could agree on what the *beeping* joke is.

Terrible Toybox indeed. :D
Post edited March 01, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
Game description: "With my new Ransome *Unbeeped* DLC, you can now play Thimbleweed Park in all its uncensored glory"

Later in the same text: "Note: The subtitles still have *beeps* in them. Only the English audio is uncensored."

I guess this needs no comment whatsoever.
Accatone: Later in the same text: "Note: The subtitles still have *beeps* in them. Only the English audio is uncensored."

GOG shouldn't have enclosed 'beeps' in asterisks.
Whoa, an expansion/DLC for a point and click adventure game, now I have seen everything...

except maybe... Spy Fox 3 on GOG...
high rated
Accatone: Game description: "With my new Ransome *Unbeeped* DLC, you can now play Thimbleweed Park in all its uncensored glory"

Later in the same text: "Note: The subtitles still have *beeps* in them. Only the English audio is uncensored."

The script was beeped. The actor ad-libbed swears and supposedly they're pretty good and creative.

The launch trailer is just a bunch of fucks though.
Thanks for amusing me with the release thread commentary. Carry on. ;)
low rated
also,

with it done like this people don't have to actually play the game in censored mode before playing the uncensored mode, and so if the creators really did want people to get some joke about the beeps in a way that requires the player to play it censored before uncensored, then they needed to have made it only something that could be unlocked once completing the game in censored mode first

just a moneyscam
high rated
barleyguy: Agreed. Censoring it to start with is a dick move. Charging to uncensor it is a double dick move.
It was never meant to be uncensored. Dialogues were written with beeps. But during voice recording it felt more natural so they let the voice actor come up with whatever he could think of.
Also see their latest blog post.
CharlesGrey: That certainly is a strange DLC. So much so, it makes me wonder if it's some sort of elaborate joke by the devs. Like a parody of the modern day video games industry, and their business tactics.
Ransome was never meant to be uncensored but since they have the recordings fans requested to put the work into making such DLC (see those blog comments).
hummer010: Wrong. It shouldn't be there at all. Ever. The beeping is part of a carefully crafted joke. Remove the beeping, ruin a bunch of jokes.
Yes, Ron actually wants to have this game experienced with beeps for those exact reasons you have stated.
Post edited March 02, 2018 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
low rated
Rubbish like this makes me think about crossing Thimbleweed Park off my wishlist - which is kind of sad for an P'n'C enthusiast.
DeMignon: Rubbish like this makes me think about crossing Thimbleweed Park off my wishlist - which is kind of sad for an P'n'C enthusiast.
If you still haven't bought Thimbleweed Park yet you aren't a P'n'C enthusiast.
low rated
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: If you still haven't bought Thimbleweed Park yet you aren't a P'n'C enthusiast.
The game is absolute crap, regardless of censorship. Who are you to tell people what they have to play, any-a-who?
high rated
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: If you still haven't bought Thimbleweed Park yet you aren't a P'n'C enthusiast.
Laberbacke: The game is absolute crap, regardless of censorship.
Maybe this game is a *beeping* pile of *beep*. Maybe those ratings on GOG and Steam are all from non-point'n'click enthusiasts?
But you would think someone calling himself "point'n'click enthusiast" would have been able to gather funds and time to buy and play the "best adventure game of 2017".
Instead of "threatening" to remove it from his wishlist. What is he trying to achieve?

Thimbleweed Park started as a Kickstarter campaign and Ron Gilbert kept it very open and provided a lot of possibilities to talk to him. And he listened to us.
That's also the reason there is such DLC in the first place, it wasn't his idea. Well, this will teach Ron a lesson for sure!
high rated
How dare the developers offer us the opportunity to buy content that some people don't want! But all the people who will stop decorating their wishlists with this title will sure show them!