It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

They Are Billions is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until September 6th, 1pm UTC.

They Are Billions is a steampunk strategy game set on a post-apocalyptic planet. Build and defend colonies to survive against the billions of the infected that seek to annihilate the few remaining living humans. Can humanity survive after the zombie apocalypse?
low rated
Was interested in buying, but it is advertised as a real time with pause game, and I don't play RTS games with pause.

0/10, not interested!
high rated
Mafwek: Was interested in buying, but it is advertised as a real time with pause game, and I don't play RTS games with pause.

0/10, not interested!
Or you could simply not use the pause at all.
If you look at the gameplay its not different to RTS without pause.
That looks kinda interesting. I will have to take a closer look when I'm home.
Mafwek:
Ok.
Bought, looks fun.
Awesome !

This looks great and Xulima was a great game too. I had given up all hope to see this come here any time soon.
I made a promise once. It's time to live up to it!

EDIT: And it's mine, thank you Numantian Games and GOG!
Post edited August 30, 2019 by MadalinStroe
Been drooling over this game for a good while now so really happy to see it finally arrive here.
If only I had the money it would be an instant buy but better luck next month I suppose.
low rated
MacArthur: Awesome !

This looks great and Xulima was a great game too. I had given up all hope to see this come here any time soon.
Xulima was instabuy , first at Steam cause nothing was known about a GOG release....
lateron i got it on GOS aswell :D

This game is small... tiny

Minimum resolution: 1360x768, (recomended FULL HD 1920x1080)

1360x768 i need a magnifying glass to be able to see what is going on, while Xulima is small aswell but i have no problem seeing what is hoing on... i fear i wont see much and the texts will be pixels on 1024x768 VGA, defaul HOG at 1366 x 768 are looking pretty good, and text is also readable.

29.99 list price?

even 25 is much money to spend

CPU: minimum: Processor:
Intel, AMD 2 cores CPU at 2Ghz

@ my poor 2.66 it will be minimum again , and the CPU will having a sweat again ...
there is no demo so i cant risk 25 euros and dont want to get a refund, afteral it shows i will have to run @ minimum
tiny texts, graphics .....

Anyway if i were to get i at steam i could ask a refund for any reason , but i dont want to.

Maybe in 2021 or so when its at 9 euros i just might buy it :D afteral i joined to expand my games collection, not to have to ask for refunds :D

I mean check this play video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3nkYx2e6lw

it's very likely they have a huge screen and they still are zooming in many times, imagine playing it on 1360 x768
٩◔‿◔۶ now that would be a laugh.
Post edited August 30, 2019 by gamesfreak64
I played this game last year. Without writing too much, this is one of the best RTS/Time Management games in the recent decade apart from maybe Starcraft 2, though comparing They Are Billions with Age of Empires 2 and Dward Fortress is probably more true as this game has bloody fantastic gameplay loop of building defenses and defending/losing and trying again.

Some micromanagement is also required even when you play the game on very easy. I also think that this game has a lot of oldschool RTS elements like the UI and how you control your units that it might appeal to a lot of gog users. Even if you find the pause feature or the micromanagement during the attacking phase later in the game off-putting (Personally I abhor such a feature, however its extremly well implemented and it certainly made me appreciate how considerate the designers are when they designed the game with it in mind) I still very highly recommend this game for any RTS fan and especially to those who enjoyed games like Age of Empires 2.

All in all, this game is really well thought out and put together so If you're still holding off and you're unsure at least consider wishlisting it.
Post edited August 30, 2019 by Dray2k
Everyone who likes RTS shouid give this game a chance - the "skirmish" mode is top notch (but a little bit on the hard side). Except if you love a great single player campaign on top, this part did not turn out well.
Would have been an instabuy for me, but as the sale was already on, I spent my budget elsewere
Post edited August 30, 2019 by DerBesserwisser
I've been told to play this and seen it crop up on my reccomendations for quite a while but I only buy games on Steam from companies I hate, like Square Enix and Bandai Namco, so I'd never picked this up despite how many times I've been told that I *NEED* to play this.

Looks like I need to be giving this a shot now that it's here on GOG.
Post edited August 30, 2019 by Waldschatten
Wishlisted!

But I hear that you can't save game at anytime. I don't like the sound of that. :(
Ueber: Or you could simply not use the pause at all.
If you look at the gameplay its not different to RTS without pause.
Internet never ceases to amuse me, but I do admit that sarcasm is sometimes hard to understand on it:) Leaving aside my reasons for stating that sarcastic comment (it was a joke after all, who says 0/10 seriously?), I am seriously interested in knowing is a game designed to be played as a an RTS or RTwP? Because if it is designed as a RTwP, chances are that developers didn't made a good RTS. However, gameplay videos speak against this notion.