It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witch's House MV is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until May 2nd, 1pm UTC.

A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
Is there any reason to play this if I have already played the f2p version?

In any case, it is a very good game, I would recommend it to any j-horror fans.
Zoidberg: But alright, using the contraction may have been misleading, but you're pushing it.

Besides, you didn't even answer the question.
SirPrimalform: f2p has a specific meaning and ain't the same thing as freeware.

Ok, to answer your question, no it is not a remake of a f2p game. ;P
I clearly remember some RPG Maker game of the like with that kind of story from years ago...

Oh, here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witch's_House
SirPrimalform: f2p has a specific meaning and ain't the same thing as freeware.

Ok, to answer your question, no it is not a remake of a f2p game. ;P
Zoidberg: I clearly remember some RPG Maker game of the like with that kind of story from years ago...

Oh, here you go:
Oh yeah, it's a remake of that freeware game. I was just being pedantic and answering the question you asked. :P
Zoidberg: I clearly remember some RPG Maker game of the like with that kind of story from years ago...

Oh, here you go:
SirPrimalform: Oh yeah, it's a remake of that freeware game. I was just being pedantic and answering the question you asked. :P
. . .
Mafwek: Bah, another crappy pixel walking, sim. Where are the real games GOG!?

Sarcasm, people. From what I've heard, inčestring story, but sadly not my cup of tea. So I hope for something else:-)
moobot83: agreed can we have some actual GOOD games here instead of stuff thats made in RPG maker and probably overpriced
We are having tons of new GOOD games , many new games arrived the past few months , thats what the majority asked for and thats what they got.

Have to admit that of the > 100 new games that arrived in the past months i bought maybe 3 :D
not counting the HOG cause i always instabuy a good HOG, i am referring to really new games, i bought one good old game Diablo but had to refund it cause it was trying to 'fry' my PC :D, i added some funds to the wallet refund and instabought a new game Pathway which i cant play cause it also fries my PC :D....
1.01 till v 1.08 dont work, and 9 and up are heavily tested on Galaxy only ....

Still hoping for a real classic game ( no 4 color 286 games) but decent old (preferably windows) games like
jagged alliance , gorky, commandos, those were the best games imho, games like that arent developed anymore cause they 'forgot' how to develop a proper game, and everyone seems to be using Unity or other 'development' tools ( java, python, and other clickn play tools).

Jagged alliance , Gorky, Commandos,Fallout they had interaction, nice dialog and animations, something that is sadly missing nowadays if a game does arive that has it all it F 's up because of a 3d engine. ( the fallout clone which look really great except for the metallic looking people , and the free zooming /rotating, if those were left out i would have bought the game .

Anyway, maybe a new developer or developer team might develop a real classic game , a team that doesnt use the modern techniques just because it exists, classic 90s games are the best ( there are lots of meh games)
Playing the old games over and over again because you are really sucked into the game unlike the AAA games they release nowadays ( thats why i started to buy casual games cause the AAA went down the drain)
I started playing it on my laptop. A 2017 I5 with an Intel graphics card.

The game runs like ass, super laggy when a text pops in (maybe 2-3FPS and around 10 normal play)

The graphics aren't better than the RPG version, so what the hell? why is it so poorly optimized?

I am a bit tired of people who doesn't know how to code making games that won't run properly on modern computers...
vladimir1986: I started playing it on my laptop. A 2017 I5 with an Intel graphics card.

The game runs like ass, super laggy when a text pops in (maybe 2-3FPS and around 10 normal play)

The graphics aren't better than the RPG version, so what the hell? why is it so poorly optimized?

I am a bit tired of people who doesn't know how to code making games that won't run properly on modern computers...
The game was made with RPG Maker MV (hence the MV in the name), so you need to meet the requirements of that engine.
I doubt the developer of the game knows much about coding.
Not exactly excited for this, though I will likely give it a shot at some point on sale, as it's not exactly in my genre.

With the list of absolutey epic RPGMaker releases (despite all the atrocious hack jobs from people who are incapable of writing dialog or keeping their storyline straight) it's nice to see one show up here though.

Sure, we had Corpse party and the series (those three were a series, yes?) with To The Moon in it, but those always seemed like a one-off when they showed up here.

Seeing this on GOG gives me hope for:

Ara Fell
Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler-
Eternal Senia
Doom & Destiny
Dragon Fantasy
Skyborn
liEat
Helen's Mysterious Castle

And so many more to show up on GOG.
low rated
Zoidberg: . . .
I'm surprised you missed the subtext to be honest. I thought the ;P might have made it clear that I was being deliberately awkward and answering the question you asked, not the one you should have asked.
Zoidberg: . . .
SirPrimalform: I'm surprised you missed the subtext to be honest. I thought the ;P might have made it clear that I was being deliberately awkward and answering the question you asked, not the one you should have asked.
Don't worry, I'll just ignore your posts from now on. Cheers.
vladimir1986: I am a bit tired of people who doesn't know how to code making games that won't run properly on modern computers...
The game is made with RPG Maker, and thus, no code is involved.
Post edited April 26, 2019 by Zoidberg
vladimir1986: I started playing it on my laptop. A 2017 I5 with an Intel graphics card.

RyaReisender: The game was made with RPG Maker MV (hence the MV in the name), so you need to meet the requirements of that engine.
I don't know if this version is done with the last version of RPG Maker or is a port.

I actually downloaded the 1.7 version of RPG maker, some years old. It ran fine (but I had to download the free RPG maker resource pack with textures and whatnot to make it work).

All I know is that the old RPG Maker version runs fine and won't crash. The GOG version just can't cope drawing text boxes and 2D animations, plus it crashed lots of times (lucky it saves frequently in easy mode, in normal mode I would had run mental).

Wether this is a GOG version problem or the very last RPG maker fault, I don't know. All I know is that the best option is to download the free old version and save yourself from slowdowns and crashes, even if you lose the option from having difficulty levels (less saves, but no crashes, so it balances out)
RyaReisender: The game was made with RPG Maker MV (hence the MV in the name), so you need to meet the requirements of that engine.
vladimir1986: I don't know if this version is done with the last version of RPG Maker or is a port.

I actually downloaded the 1.7 version of RPG maker, some years old. It ran fine (but I had to download the free RPG maker resource pack with textures and whatnot to make it work).

All I know is that the old RPG Maker version runs fine and won't crash. The GOG version just can't cope drawing text boxes and 2D animations, plus it crashed lots of times (lucky it saves frequently in easy mode, in normal mode I would had run mental).

Wether this is a GOG version problem or the very last RPG maker fault, I don't know. All I know is that the best option is to download the free old version and save yourself from slowdowns and crashes, even if you lose the option from having difficulty levels (less saves, but no crashes, so it balances out)
wow, download the free old version in order to fix some things , that should be fixed by the developer , it's like buying a game from a random developer , pay $ for it and then have to look in some fan- forums how to fix it by getting tips and some resources or similar.

Things are getting real funny , 12.49 listprice minus 20% off is still 10 euro, this is really confusing me, seems more and more games require the buyer to find some patches or old evrsions in order to get a game to run properly, he or she paid for? i always thought the dev(s) should fix that? or is it common to release buggy games , get paid and if or when problems arise , let the gamers find a way themselves to fix it ? :D

Anyway , to bad i cant develop software , cause if, and when problems arise , it's up to the buyer to get it working :D
at least thats what it starts to look like: take pathway
he has a few lines talking about problems like startup/crash, thats all, he keeps talking about ingame bugs fixed, what good is a ingame bugfix if there are gamers that cant even play the game .
Attachments:
Post edited April 26, 2019 by gamesfreak64
SirPrimalform: I'm surprised you missed the subtext to be honest. I thought the ;P might have made it clear that I was being deliberately awkward and answering the question you asked, not the one you should have asked.
Zoidberg: Don't worry, I'll just ignore your posts from now on. Cheers.
Ok, take care!

p.s. You may not have noticed, but my first post in the thread was a serious answer to your question. I only took off on the path of pedantry because you complained I apparently didn't answer your question.
Post edited April 26, 2019 by SirPrimalform
Nice to see classic RPG maker games being remade / sold and hopefully finding new fans.

I drop the link to vgperson's site with the free version; my recommended other games there are Ib and Mad Father.

http://www.vgperson.com/games/witchhouse.htm : for the Witch's House freeware.

Main vgperson site, mostly Japanese rpgmaker games he translated to English : http://www.vgperson.com/games/
koima57: Nice to see classic RPG maker games...
Classic? It's only seven years old. For me, classics are something like Vampires Dawn which came out ten years before that.