It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
mistermumbles: Thing is I already pointed this out earlier, and it doesn't seem to work for him. Hell, I tried to see if it worked for me shortly after posting that, but I've yet to have any luck myself getting that solution to work. It always ends up showing all CPUs being used. =/
Martek: Indeed - I admit to not watching that video - BUT - we cannot be sure that FraterPerdurabo did the stuff correctly; since he didn't post what he did, but only said, "the solution proposed in the video does not seem to work for me".

It SHOULD work, so it would be worth him double-checking what he did - and posting it here for assistance if it still doesn't work.

JAT
I followed the steps in the video and in the links you posted (they are the same) and it did not work.

Seems like it does not work for others either and currently, as far as I am aware, disabling the number of active cores in BIOS seems to be the only way to go.

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_saboteur/does_this_version_fix_the_4_core_issue/post16
FraterPerdurabo: I followed the steps in the video and in the links you posted (they are the same) and it did not work.

Seems like it does not work for others either and currently, as far as I am aware, disabling the number of active cores in BIOS seems to be the only way to go.
I may have found a solution that works. On my 4-core system, I am able to restrict Saboteur (before running it) to any combination of the 4 cores).

The solution involves using a tiny, portable and free 3rd-party utility (written and hosted by Tomshardware.com; an old and venerable site I visit from time to time).

Need some time to do a write up on it that includes some screen shots - which I have not time right now - but hopefully layer today...

Maybe you can then try it and see if it works on your more-than-4-core system.. (if you don't mind running the utility).

==========================================================
EDIT:

Instead of waiting, go to http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bang-dual-processing-buck,815-3.html (OLD article about the utility; where you will no longer find a working link to the utility in the article).

In the article comments are a couple of working links. I used http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2004/05/28/getting_more_bang_out_of_your_dual_processing_buck/taskassign.zip

Run that utility; and add saboteur.exe to the "Application Profiles" tab. Next, click the [Set Affinity] button on that tab, and set affinity as desired.

Then, keeping the utility running, start Saboteur normally (via the GOG shortcut).

On my 4-core system, that works and does restrict Saboteur to the cores I set via the utility.

Hopefully it works on yours..
Post edited September 25, 2016 by Martek
FraterPerdurabo: I followed the steps in the video and in the links you posted (they are the same) and it did not work.

Martek: I may have found a solution that works. On my 4-core system, I am able to restrict Saboteur (before running it) to any combination of the 4 cores).

The solution involves using a tiny, portable and free 3rd-party utility (written and hosted by Tomshardware.com; an old and venerable site I visit from time to time).

Need some time to do a write up on it that includes some screen shots - which I have not time right now - but hopefully layer today...

Maybe you can then try it and see if it works on your more-than-4-core system.. (if you don't mind running the utility).

==========================================================
EDIT:

Instead of waiting, go to http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bang-dual-processing-buck,815-3.html (OLD article about the utility; where you will no longer find a working link to the utility in the article).

In the article comments are a couple of working links. I used http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2004/05/28/getting_more_bang_out_of_your_dual_processing_buck/taskassign.zip

Run that utility; and add saboteur.exe to the "Application Profiles" tab. Next, click the [Set Affinity] button on that tab, and set affinity as desired.

Then, keeping the utility running, start Saboteur normally (via the GOG shortcut).

On my 4-core system, that works and does restrict Saboteur to the cores I set via the utility.

Hopefully it works on yours..
Many thanks - I will have a crack at it later
FraterPerdurabo: [...]
CPU issue should be addressed next week.
Thiev: CPU issue should be addressed next week.
Wow really?! My understanding was that this was always going to be an issue as pandemic was dissolved before they ever fixed. In fact a lot of issues that were issues before were fixed as well.

Don't tell me... do you have access to the source code and are actively fixing the game? Cause that would be sooooo awesome!!!
tremere110: Don't tell me... do you have access to the source code and are actively fixing the game?
I highly doubt it. GOG has always worked with workaround methods or hacks only, as far as I know.
tremere110: Wow really?! My understanding was that this was always going to be an issue as pandemic was dissolved before they ever fixed. In fact a lot of issues that were issues before were fixed as well.

Don't tell me... do you have access to the source code and are actively fixing the game? Cause that would be sooooo awesome!!!
We don't. But as stated above, there are workarounds for such issues.
Anyone know off hand if CPU affinity is configurable with granularity via any of the incarnations of Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit?

I know that GOG uses ACT for some games, and I've been using it to tweak some myself but haven't found a way to tweak affinity except for the SingleProcAffinity compatibility fix, however that one forces the process to use only a single core rather than a configurable number of cores. It would be nice to be able to configure certain games/apps to use say no more than 2 or 4 cores.

To be clear, I am asking specifically about any knowledge of how to do this with Application Compatibility Toolkit usage only. I know of and use other methods of setting the CPU affinity already.
Post edited September 25, 2016 by skeletonbow
Any chance this will be ported to MacOS?
skeletonbow: [...]
With ACT not really. Easiest way is to create custom launch parameters with Autohotkey.
Thiev: With ACT not really. Easiest way is to create custom launch parameters with Autohotkey.
Ah, thanks for the tip! Haven't used that one before, will check it out.
skeletonbow: Ah, thanks for the tip! Haven't used that one before, will check it out.
If you would need any help, drop me a PM. I can show you a script example (in a few hours, right now I'm in transit) ;)
babtouDeter: Hi, I can't modify video settings : "saboteur video setup has stopped working " :( and video settings patch already applied , I don't know what to do...
I have the same issue, tried compatibility mode and running it as administrator but that didn't work either.

EDIT: Is this a common issue? I've seen 2 posts for this issue but never any responses to it.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by flclafi
babtouDeter: Hi, I can't modify video settings : "saboteur video setup has stopped working " :( and video settings patch already applied , I don't know what to do...
flclafi: I have the same issue, tried compatibility mode and running it as administrator but that didn't work either.

EDIT: Is this a common issue? I've seen 2 posts for this issue but never any responses to it.
Are you setting the Hz setting higher than 60?
If so don't. That apparently resets it back to default.
Thiev: CPU issue should be addressed next week.
Thanks - I will hold on to it then