It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A single spark of courage can ignite the fires of hope.

<span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, a stylish action-adventure chronicling one man's fight for revenge in Nazi-occupied France, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Sabotage really is an underappreciated art. Not only does it require copious amounts of creativity, street smarts, patience, and bravado, it can also help oppressed people survive an occupation long enough until the time is ripe to fight back. Racecar mechanic Sean Devlin wasn't planning on becoming a saboteur, but when his best friend gets killed by a sadistic German officer, he finds himself joining the French resistance, willing to cause some mayhem and avenge his buddy's death in the process. As he's running across rooftops, engaging in shootouts, and blowing up enemy assets, the black and white Parisian districts will gradually get more colorful, signifying the locals' growing confidence against the receding oppressors. Vive la résistance!

Work the streets and shadows of Paris and push back the German occupation forces in <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FgvgAY74c_Y
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
FraterPerdurabo: Not sure whether this has already been covered, but is GOG going to address the CPU core issue? If not, I will unfortunately have to request a refund. There is no mention on the game page that, ironically, the game would not work on newer systems.
I'm curious now, what's your issue and how new is your computer (what CPU)?
FraterPerdurabo: Not sure whether this has already been covered, but is GOG going to address the CPU core issue? If not, I will unfortunately have to request a refund. There is no mention on the game page that, ironically, the game would not work on newer systems.
mistermumbles: I'm curious now, what's your issue and how new is your computer (what CPU)?
Apparently the game won't start on systems with a CPU with more than 4 physical cores or something like that.
mistermumbles: I'm curious now, what's your issue and how new is your computer (what CPU)?
omega64: Apparently the game won't start on systems with a CPU with more than 4 physical cores or something like that.
Oh, that sucks. So shouldn't setting the game's CPU affinity before launching it fix it? Something akin to doing this?
omega64: Apparently the game won't start on systems with a CPU with more than 4 physical cores or something like that.
mistermumbles: Oh, that sucks. So shouldn't setting the game's CPU affinity before launching it fix it? Something akin to doing this?
Maybe, you'd have to ask people experiencing the problem. ;)
miguelsanchez12: I saw! I caved & bought it last night & indeed the map icons seem to be where they are supposed too. Very cool to finally have that cleared up.

Another question, what resolution is this at & is there any way to change it? The Origin version had res. selection option & this doesnt and it seems a bit off. Any .ini to mess around with or something? The Origin version looked fantastic at 1080p, but had the map bug. This is a bit pixely & has the map restored. Trade offs in PC gaming I suppose, lol.

Still, I am super stoked to be back in Paris, assploding nazis again!
JudasIscariot: Go to your Start menu for The Saboteur and you should see a "Video Settings" shortcut. Run that and you should be able to set your resolution :)
*DERP* Um..nope? Either in the start screen menus or in game, the video option only gives me a gamma correction?*DERP*

Also, I think it was mentioned before, but when you have an xbox controller plugged in when you start the game, it just starts to spin & spin & spin. You have to have the controller unplugged before you start the game, get ingame and then plug it in & you should be good to go, werid.

Thanks for your help, its really weird I don't have a resolution option.

ETA: You know what, I'm an idiot, I found it, disregard my last! Well that was embarassing :P Thanks again!
Post edited September 25, 2016 by miguelsanchez12
miguelsanchez12: Um..nope? Either in the start screen menus or in game, the video option only gives me a gamma correction?
Go to the game's folder and open the "VideoSetup" app to change your graphics settings.
i remember that this game shoulb be played only on consoles as its horribly buggy on pc.
apehater: i remember that this game shoulb be played only on consoles as its horribly buggy on pc.
Didn't encounter any while playing, driving around can be rather finicky though.
NuffCatnip: ...driving around can be rather finicky though.
Not with my XB360 pad.

If you're playing with keyboard and mouse I wouldn't be surprised as to why since there is no such thing as pressure sensitive keys.
mistermumbles: Oh, that sucks. So shouldn't setting the game's CPU affinity before launching it fix it? Something akin to doing this?
Aye - and the solution proposed in the video does not seem to work for me. I cannot set the number of active cores in Task Manager either because the program will not even start. I assume that I would be able to resolve the issue through BIOS, but this is more hassle than I am willing to endure.

e: I have an i7-5820K
Post edited September 25, 2016 by FraterPerdurabo
FraterPerdurabo: Aye - and the solution proposed in the video does not seem to work for me. I cannot set the number of active cores in Task Manager either because the program will not even start. I assume that I would be able to resolve the issue through BIOS, but this is more hassle than I am willing to endure.

e: I have an i7-5820K
Well, it was easy to google out solutions that don't require going into the BIOS; so I'll pass them along, in case they catch your interest:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/start-an-application-assigned-to-a-specific-cpu-in-windows-vista/

That one is a "simple" solution - set it to a single core of your choosing. BUT, it turns out that /affinity flag is actually a hex digit, hence it can encompass limits to multiple cores; not to just one. This article (well, thread) explains:

Setting CPU Affinity Prior Launch of App

HTH

[edit]: Oops messed a url - fixed..
Post edited September 25, 2016 by Martek
Martek: Well, it was easy to google out solutions that don't require going into the BIOS; so I'll pass them along, in case they catch your interest:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/start-an-application-assigned-to-a-specific-cpu-in-windows-vista/

That one is a "simple" solution - set it to a single core of your choosing. BUT, it turns out that /affinity flag is actually a hex digit, hence it can encompass limits to multiple cores; not to just one. This article (well, thread) explains:

Setting CPU Affinity Prior Launch of App

HTH

[edit]: Oops messed a url - fixed..
Hah, I was going to post something to this effect but got beaten to the punch. Yeah, that hexadecimal thing threw me off first time I did this. All tech help I've received for The Saboteur in the past suggest that only the first two cores should run the game - so you want /affinity 3 in most cases.
tremere110: Hah, I was going to post something to this effect but got beaten to the punch. Yeah, that hexadecimal thing threw me off first time I did this. All tech help I've received for The Saboteur in the past suggest that only the first two cores should run the game - so you want /affinity 3 in most cases.
Thing is I already pointed this out earlier, and it doesn't seem to work for him. Hell, I tried to see if it worked for me shortly after posting that, but I've yet to have any luck myself getting that solution to work. It always ends up showing all CPUs being used. =/
Post edited September 25, 2016 by mistermumbles
tremere110: Hah, I was going to post something to this effect but got beaten to the punch. Yeah, that hexadecimal thing threw me off first time I did this. All tech help I've received for The Saboteur in the past suggest that only the first two cores should run the game - so you want /affinity 3 in most cases.
mistermumbles: Thing is I already pointed this out earlier, and it doesn't seem to work for him. Hell, I tried to see if it worked for me shortly after posting that, but I've yet to have any luck myself getting that solution to work. It always ends up showing all CPUs being used. =/
Indeed - I admit to not watching that video - BUT - we cannot be sure that FraterPerdurabo did the stuff correctly; since he didn't post what he did, but only said, "the solution proposed in the video does not seem to work for me".

It SHOULD work, so it would be worth him double-checking what he did - and posting it here for assistance if it still doesn't work.

JAT
Hi, I can't modify video settings : "saboteur video setup has stopped working " :( and video settings patch already applied , I don't know what to do...