It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become an elite commando equipped with an advanced Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel in a base-building, survival game with action-RPG elements. The Riftbreaker is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will fade away on 21st October 2021, 8 AM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Are we going to get the achievements for Galaxy?
idbeholdME: Oh, it's that game from the studio that made X-Morph: Defense.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Oh. I guess that explains why they are shafting GOG customers by not giving us Achievements for this release, just like they did with X-Morph also, even though they give their "first-class" Steam customers Achievements for both games.

Those are both games that I am interested in and would have bought, but which I will not buy, ever, on any platform, due to the devs' treating GOG customers like second-class citizens and refusing to provide feature parity.
I am basing my conclusion on the fact that I really liked X-Morph, you choose to boycott them over achievements. A strange hill to die on, but you do you.
No option to play a male character?
Very intrigued, I must try the demo.
low rated
idbeholdME: I am basing my conclusion on the fact that I really liked X-Morph, you choose to boycott them over achievements. A strange hill to die on, but you do you.
You anti-achievements idio... uh, people, are really something to behold! You don't get it even when it's spelled out to you - it's not about the damn achievements per-se, it's about the developer treating the customers differently. It could've been the OST missing, or a free DLC, or any other small thing; some get the whole package while others get less for the same price.

But no, you have to deride the ones asking for equal treatment because it involves an item that you personally don't like. /smh
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Oh. I guess that explains why they are shafting GOG customers by not giving us Achievements for this release, just like they did with X-Morph also, even though they give their "first-class" Steam customers Achievements for both games.

Those are both games that I am interested in and would have bought, but which I will not buy, ever, on any platform, due to the devs' treating GOG customers like second-class citizens and refusing to provide feature parity.
MadalinStroe: I understand that you are upset at the lack of achievements, but have you checked what they are on STEAM? They are lazy "kill 50/100/200 enemies" type of achievements, the type that you end up getting just by playing a skirmish game once or twice... utterly unsatisfying. The games might as well not have achievements.
I could care less about achievements myself, but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
high rated
Malvictis: You anti-achievements idio... uh, people, are really something to behold! You don't get it even when it's spelled out to you - it's not about the damn achievements per-se, it's about the developer treating the customers differently. It could've been the OST missing, or a free DLC, or any other small thing; some get the whole package while others get less for the same price.

But no, you have to deride the ones asking for equal treatment because it involves an item that you personally don't like. /smh
If it was a part of the game, missing DLC, content or anything else, I would agree.

But no, I do not consider achievements as part of the package. Unless the game has an in-game achievements system, to me, they are just something extra. And I'm not deriding anyone, just saying that it's a weird reason to me for someone to not buy a game they think they'd like because of that.
Cool. X-Morph was pretty fun, and I quite enjoyed Riftbreaker's demo. :)

I'm surprised that Zombie Driver HD still ain't here yet.
BitMaster_1980: Since the comparison to Factorio has been been made, how much similarity is there actually? The videos I have seen all focus on the "shiny" stuff but whether or not I'm currently interested depends essentially on the logistics challenge of the base building...
It's much closer to "They are Billions" than Factorio, mixed with an over-the-top action RPG.
MadalinStroe: I understand that you are upset at the lack of achievements, but have you checked what they are on STEAM? They are lazy "kill 50/100/200 enemies" type of achievements, the type that you end up getting just by playing a skirmish game once or twice... utterly unsatisfying. The games might as well not have achievements.
Lucian_Galca: I could care less about achievements myself, but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
Seriously? The level editor is cut out? Can you direct me to this info? I doubt I am going to pay the same price for a lesser product..
Lucian_Galca: I could care less about achievements myself, but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
Snowslinger: Seriously? The level editor is cut out? Can you direct me to this info? I doubt I am going to pay the same price for a lesser product..
The levels are procedurally generated. Here's what they say about the editing tools:
This is not the end of the road for The Riftbreaker - it is just the beginning. We have plans to support the game long-term with regular updates, new content releases, and DLCs. We are also planning to ship the full suite of our internal editing tools that you can use to create whatever you like. They will be coming soon in one of the post-release updates.
You people are paranoid lunatics who want to find any excuse to be mad.
Snowslinger: Seriously? The level editor is cut out? Can you direct me to this info? I doubt I am going to pay the same price for a lesser product..
MischiefMaker: The levels are procedurally generated. Here's what they say about the editing tools:

This is not the end of the road for The Riftbreaker - it is just the beginning. We have plans to support the game long-term with regular updates, new content releases, and DLCs. We are also planning to ship the full suite of our internal editing tools that you can use to create whatever you like. They will be coming soon in one of the post-release updates.
MischiefMaker: You people are paranoid lunatics who want to find any excuse to be mad.
My reply was in regards to X-Morph, not Riftbreaker.

https://www.gog.com/forum/xmorph_defense/is_anything_missing_from_this_version/post2
To clarify, i'm replying about X-Morph and not Riftbreaker.
Post edited October 14, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
Lucian_Galca: ..but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
The level editor is inconsequential to me, but the inability to play custom levels is indeed an issue. I can't imagine Heroes of Might and Magic without user created maps. And yes... this discussion is about X-Morph.
Post edited October 15, 2021 by MadalinStroe
Lucian_Galca: ..but the gog version missing the level editor, and no way to even get and use custom levels is the real issue.
MadalinStroe: The level editor is inconsequential to me, but the inability to play custom levels is indeed an issue. I can't imagine Heroes of Might and Magic without user created maps. And yes... this discussion is about X-Morph.
Yeah, I even tried that Steam Workshop Downloader site and I couldn't download any of the custom levels. Not sure if it would work if you bought the game on Steam, downloaded the levels via the Workshop, and then tried importing the levels to the gog version.
Windows 7, I removed the artificial pop up. Stuck at DLLs, need help.

I used: Linux, sh, wine, xxd, xdotool. Assuming the case was simular to Little Nightmares II (it was but not exactly), changing "75" to "EB" (in HEX), made a thousand of executables with incremental line by line edit, then began automatically running a new EXE in Wine and closing a real crash or the bogus error by "xdotool," straightforwardly. It paid off, the pop up is removed, but, now this one gives the real error. What's next? I truly hope someone can figure out what to do with.

In total, maybe the devs of "The Riftbreaker" don't want to deal with the system, but why to do it in such fashion for a DirectX 11 game? Better to have the bitter truth as is.
Post edited October 15, 2021 by Dreamdash