It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Sierra spirit is alive with the sound of music.

<span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, a musical quest to relive the days of glorious adventuring, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux with GOG Galaxy achievement support.

Say what you will about the fairytale lives most rock stars lead, but writing songs is hard work. You must constantly expose yourself to the public, find inspiration in the strangest of places, and occasionally deal with bad-tempered, talking turtles. Yes, even while sober.

Finn is an ambitious bard, one of those brave enough to take on the King's Challenge: to compose "the greatest ballad ever", thus becoming Hero of the Faerie Kingdom. Basically what any decent songwriter is after. Play your magical lute as you follow Finn across the land, filling people's lives with entertaining noise, and your repertoire with all sorts of useful tunes. If you succeed, the King is willing to grant you any wish you ask of him. Like getting to relive the glory days of point' n 'clicks of yore, brought back by the people behind the beloved Quest for Infamy.

Enchant the enchanted land of Uir with your music and become the composer and subject of legendary ballads in <span class="bold">Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Breja: The King's Challenge! Get it? Because King's Quest! God...

This looks like a game trying way, waaaay to hard to score nostalgia points. What's next? A copy of the first Monkey Island Graphics in "The Mystery of Ape Peninsula"?
Dude, what the hell. You're giving away the secret of our next game!

Also, everyone knows The Secret of Ape Island is a Three-Headed Ape.

Bt
Breja: The King's Challenge! Get it? Because King's Quest! God...

This looks like a game trying way, waaaay to hard to score nostalgia points. What's next? A copy of the first Monkey Island Graphics in "The Mystery of Ape Peninsula"?
Blackthorne519: Dude, what the hell. You're giving away the secret of our next game!

Also, everyone knows The Secret of Ape Island is a Three-Headed Ape.

Bt
Three-Headed Ape? Where?!

Damn, I must have missed it.
Blackthorne519: Dude, what the hell. You're giving away the secret of our next game!
Is everything on track with GOG codes for backers by the way?
EckoShy: So the advantage of DOS here is that it offers convenience for people who would rather not patch their game or run it through emulation software. Therefor, an advantage, albeit a minor one that might only appeal to a small group of people. Nonetheless, an advantage.

Just because the advantage doesn't matter to you, because you're willing to run those games through DOSBox, does not mean it isn't an advantage at all.
FTFY.
shmerl: Is everything on track with GOG codes for backers by the way?
Yep! I've been giving them out all day!

Bt
This might be a good adventure game. But why release it in such a low resolution? Do you really need low graphics resolutions to call a game "classic"? Even good old DOS games discovered many, many years ago that there's a world beyond the 320x200 resolution. And they even did it without requiring a multi-gigahertz dual core processor ...
Blackthorne519: Yep! I've been giving them out all day!

Bt
Alright, thanks. I'll wait for my turn then :)
Beautiful King's Quest's reminds :)

Bt
hey Bt: just wanna say I really loved Quest for Infamy and I got acquainted with it right here on GOG. Had to - glady - buy it in here since, even though I already had a gifted steam copy, I wanted to show it to my brother who lives in a far away distant land, up in the mountains ;P
No joke!

And today, unfortunately, I only played Order of the Thorne for like 20 min but that's gotta be a GOTY for longtime adventure fans out there. Superb, just like before.
Thanks a lot for keeping our dreams alive.

Vick

ps: and the in-game achievements are like.... ......gosh, so amazing!! ;D
Post edited January 27, 2016 by vicklemos

Bt
shmerl: Alright, thanks. I'll wait for my turn then :)
Did you not get yours? Send me a PM on Kickstarter or to info at infamous-quests dot com.

Bt
Blackthorne519: Did you not get yours? Send me a PM on Kickstarter or to info at infamous-quests dot com.
Nope, not yet. I PMed you there already, but I can do it again.
Post edited January 27, 2016 by shmerl
That voice in the trailer... is that Guybrush Threepwood? O.O
Blackthorne519: Did you not get yours? Send me a PM on Kickstarter or to info at infamous-quests dot com.

Bt
Just received it. Thanks!
I got an email about this one. I can't imagine it anywhere but in my cart to be purchased. Well...technically I can imagine it many places, but I just wanted to say I'll be buying it!
Just started Order of the Thorne. Looks very good so far, and also it's nice to see that AGS is using XDG directory spec :)

Lute playing is a nice touch. Reminds me of Loom.