It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The side-scroll of destiny.

The Messenger is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
The retro-inspired Messenger double flips into action, packing all the throwing stars and special abilities that would make Shinobi proud. Bosses, hidden levels, a toe-tapping original soundtrack. Relive the golden age of the action platformer, without half the hairspray or oversized shoulder pads.

Be kind, unwind with the Soundtrack which comes in two parts: Disc I: The Past and Disc II: The Future.
perfect!
I heard rumours that the game is somewhat fantastic. I wonder if someone will be able to atest it.
Post edited August 30, 2018 by Vitek
Vitek: I heard rumours the game is somewhat fantastic. I wonder if someone will be able to atest it.
I heard rumours that the game is somewhat fantastic. I wonder if someone will be able to atest it.
might be true cause its based on old classics,the price is a little high though :D.... 16.79 Euro
Post edited August 30, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Looks great. Shame they have stretched the bounds again by splitting soundtrack into two, how many seperate bits will the next release be in.
Must. Have.
Anyone who already bought this that can confirm m+k support?
Thanks.
nightcraw1er.488: Looks great. Shame they have stretched the bounds again by splitting soundtrack into two, how many seperate bits will the next release be in.
The Soundtrack was split on bandcamp, too.

https://rainbowdragoneyes.bandcamp.com/album/the-messenger-original-soundtrack-disc-i-the-past

https://rainbowdragoneyes.bandcamp.com/album/the-messenger-original-soundtrack-disc-ii-the-future

Two times 7 US Dollars, GOG is cheaper than bandcamp here.
Swedrami: Anyone who already bought this that can confirm m+k support?
Thanks.
According to Steam the game supports keyboard but the keys are not rebindable - and unfortunately the setup is quite weird.
Not a roguelike I hope?
I am loving the game so far. Thank you for the release! The soundtrack is awesome too, will have to buy that soon.
when I see this, I instantly remember the old days when I started playing computer games... it was the infamous Bruce Lee, my first game ever

thank gods I don't have to play games like these anymore! :D
Swedrami: Anyone who already bought this that can confirm m+k support?
Thanks.
tremere110: According to Steam the game supports keyboard but the keys are not rebindable - and unfortunately the setup is quite weird.
Nothing AutoHotkey couldn't work around I'm sure.
Cheers.
Beating Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 on the NES has prepared me for this game.
So far, this game is everything I had hoped for, and more. Sadly, though, like someone mentioned before, the keyboard setup is not rebindable, so you have to work with arrow keys (or WASD), space to jump, ctrl to attack, shift to use the special weapon and alt to cancel menus and probably to use some ability in the game that I've yet to pick up. It's a shame, really, because so many other 2D side scroller platformers play just great with keyboard, just as long as they let you rebind the keys to your liking, or at least don't resort to this archaic "shift, ctrl, alt, space" layout that feels like some clunky scheme out of the DOS days... it was bad then, it's still bad now.

Please, devs, make this game as awesome as you can, and consider including remappable bindings in an upcoming patch...

Other than that, the game is superb in almost every way.