It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legacy lives on in you.

<span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> & <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II</span>, the first two parts of an action-packed monster-hunting series, are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can get both games at 75% off, including full GOG Galaxy support for achievements and leaderboards.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are nothing short of an incredible mashup of gothic-noir settings, a twisted take on Bram Stoker's universe, weird technology, and monster-related consequences of mankind's thoughtless chase of the next breakthrough. Your father was Abraham Van Helsing, doctor, vampire hunter, legend. Will you do justice to the Van Helsing legacy?
Damn right you will.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are, at their soul, unceasingly intense hack'n'shlashes featuring a badass hero, badder monsters, and plenty of weapon drops and tactical options for a truly twisted adventure. You'll also have the chance to craft your very own lair - a personal hunter's hideout full of your very own trophies. But don't dawdle, 4-player co-op, and 8-player PVP await!

Live up to your legacy in <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> & <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Wednesday, September 16, 12:59 PM GMT.
Is this like Aarklash Legacy: real time with pause, or not so much?
JaqFrost: Is this like Aarklash Legacy: real time with pause, or not so much?
It's like Diablo.
Well downloaded, installed, and played an hour or so of the first game. Seems to follow the Diablo/Torchlight routes pretty well and is fairly competent. So far i like the ghost more than the main character.
rtcvb32: Well downloaded, installed, and played an hour or so of the first game. Seems to follow the Diablo/Torchlight routes pretty well and is fairly competent. So far i like the ghost more than the main character.
I like how mana costs are actually relevant (only played VH1 so far). I'm totally tired of it being a flat-out junk stat.

Path of Exile has the coolest potion system I've seen to date, but VH's rage bars are a nice touch.
So... are these games based on some (Van Helsing) movies, or is it using the character... just because? What's the relevance? Why aren't these games called just "Vampire Hunter: The Reckoning" or "Blood Night: The Appraisal", or maybe even "Death Castle: The Dying", or some such generic and forgettable name?

I'm odd in that way that I usually automatically give -2 points to any game using some movie or story license, thinking that they are just trying to sell a mediocre game with a known license or name. Hence lowering the likelihood I'll buy the game. That's why I missed so many great Star Trek and Star Wars games in the 90s and 2000s, I think...
Post edited September 13, 2015 by timppu
timppu: So... are these games based on some (Van Helsing) movies, or is it using the character... just because? What's the relevance? Why aren't these games called just "Vampire Hunter: The Reckoning" or "Blood Night: The Appraisal", or maybe even "Death Castle: The Dying", or some such generic and forgettable name?
Well there was a game called Hunter: The Reckoning based on a WoD RPG.
I assume it was just an easy 'setting' and character to use for a Gothic monster fest hack & slashy game.
timppu: So... are these games based on some (Van Helsing) movies, or is it using the character... just because? What's the relevance? Why aren't these games called just "Vampire Hunter: The Reckoning" or "Blood Night: The Appraisal", or maybe even "Death Castle: The Dying", or some such generic and forgettable name?

I'm odd in that way that I usually automatically give -2 points to any game using some movie or story license, thinking that they are just trying to sell a mediocre game with a known license or name. Hence lowering the likelihood I'll buy the game. That's why I missed so many great Star Trek and Star Wars games in the 90s and 2000s, I think...
Huh your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Game based on a movie license? What has the movie got to do with anything?

Shouldn't it be general knowledge that Van Hellsing was a character from the original 19th century dracula novel? And therefore as iconic of a character for the image of a vampire hunter as dracula was for that of a vampire? So do you equally complain if a game uses Dracula as a character?
Asturaetus: Huh your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Game based on a movie license? What has the movie got to do with anything?
You know, in case the game was based on the Van Helsing-movie(s). Like, say, making a game based on the movie Titanic, or just a game where Titanic is featured.

Asturaetus: Shouldn't it be general knowledge that Van Hellsing was a character from the original 19th century dracula novel?
I kinda covered that already: "...or is it using the character..."
micktiegs_8: +1 for The rest of Neocore games. Deathtrap and Van Helsing 3.
Wow, I had no idea there was a third one, doesn't seem to have done so well though, based on Steam reviews

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359900/
Hey Guys!

Can anyone let me know why the game isnt launching via GoG?
I hit the Play button but nothing happens.

When i run verify/repair, each time Nvidia PhysX installer runs, completes sucessfully, and the whole cycle repeats without the game launching.

When i try to run the .exe directly it says a .dll is missing.

Please let me know of a solution, if there is. I have also uninstalled/re-installed, but to no avail.

I'm pretty sure Bram Stoker's Dracula is public domain...

mothwentbad: I'm pretty sure Bram Stoker's Dracula is public domain...
It is:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/345.

A good read.
Post edited September 13, 2015 by MaGo72
high rated
mothwentbad: I'm pretty sure Bram Stoker's Dracula is public domain...
MaGo72: It is:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/345.

A good read.
It's a pretty great read :). Went on a classic horror binge a few years ago and read my way through Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Frankenstein. Dracula was absolutely amazing to read, Jekyll and Hyde was vastly different to what I was expecting, but was nonetheless incredibly captivating, but I just could not get into Frankenstein. Dunno what it was, but it was a drag to read, and I put it down after a few chapters.

For anyone looking for a public domain audiobook version of Dracula, check out https://librivox.org/ . The Ladies and Gents over there do some fantastic recordings and although I haven't checked Dracula, I'm sure someone there has done it justice ;).

Also, I just want to confirm that our loyalty program will be that owners of all three Van Helsing titles will receive the final cut upgrade for free. Thanks to our friends over at Neocore for confirming :).
radikell: Hey Guys!

Can anyone let me know why the game isnt launching via GoG?
I hit the Play button but nothing happens.

When i run verify/repair, each time Nvidia PhysX installer runs, completes sucessfully, and the whole cycle repeats without the game launching.

When i try to run the .exe directly it says a .dll is missing.

Please let me know of a solution, if there is. I have also uninstalled/re-installed, but to no avail.
Do you have an AMD/Radeon graphics card? In this case you should try this: Go to your Windows control panel, uninstall "NVIDIA PhysX" and start the game's setup again (or verify in Galaxy) for a clean PhysX installation. It will install successfully then (which it doesn't seem to do on your system, if verifying the game files starts PhysX again and again and again).

I have an AMD GPU and had a different problem with the PhysX installation. Luckily I knew this error from other PhysX games already. I posted the solution to my problem in the Van Helsing sub forum. If you're an AMD user too and a clean installation of PhysX solves your problem, please let me know. I'll edit the first post of my thread then, to add your problem and how to solve it.
B0SC0: Also, I just want to confirm that our loyalty program will be that owners of all three Van Helsing titles will receive the final cut upgrade for free. Thanks to our friends over at Neocore for confirming :).
Yay! Now we just need the third game here ;P
Post edited September 14, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
B0SC0: I just want to confirm that our loyalty program will be that owners of all three Van Helsing titles will receive the final cut upgrade for free.
Thanks to our friends over at Neocore for confirming :)
That's great news, thank you and Neocore for confirming!
Now all GOG has to do is bring the third game here so we can buy it :)