It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it Thursday yet? Yes it is.

<span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span>, a dark, brutal, low-fantasy RPG of choice and consequence, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

The Age of Decadence is many things.
It's "an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire." How unique does that sound? Pretty darn unique.

It's a brutal game. It's a game about the brutality and consequences of being human. Instead of saving the world from an all-encompassing evil, you'll discover a world that's already gone to hell, and you'll soon learn why.

It's an incredibly open game. The Age of Decadence respects your right to be a pacifist. A lying, manipulative pacifist. It's a game that'll remind you of a classic text adventure with branching choices and betrayal at every corner. It's also a game with incredible replayability - the choices you make and your origin will influence the game in ways significant enough that you'll feel compelled just to see the other side of the story. Whether an assassin, a drifter, a merchant or a merc - you'll have a thousand stories to tell, and few of them will end well. Check out our own early impressions of the game still in development.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, October 19, 12:59 PM GMT.

In the Press:
"Even walking the non-violent path, this game is no picnic, unless it’s a picnic covered with ants who act friendly, lure you into an alley, and then beat the shit out of you." --RockPaperShotgun
Finally, been waiting for this for quite a while!
Licurg: I heard good things about this... Any opinions ?
JudasIscariot: You can get dialogue options based on how many people you've killed in the game :D
That sounds giggly :D Gonna wait for a bigger sale though, as this one's out of my price range.
Isometric? TB? cRPG? That's my kind of thing! And a fantasy world inspired by history is the cherry on top!
I like the premise of the game, but the turn-based combat looks a little iffy to me.
astroclay: I like the premise of the game, but the turn-based combat looks a little iffy to me.
What do you mean?
I just say this game intrigues me more than most I've seen come out lately, going to try it out tonight
And....bought.

Thank you.
This is awesome.
Very glad to see this game at GOG. Already bought it :)
Is there any randomization in this game? Or are the paths linear?
bioshark: Looks interesting.

However, can somebody confirm to me that you can play this with a female character??

Thanks.
JudasIscariot: Yes, you can play with a male or female character :)
great. Thanks.
Bloody hell! They've released it?!? I started following this game a decade or so back, before losing interest after years of waiting!
Licurg: I heard good things about this... Any opinions ?
JudasIscariot: You can get dialogue options based on how many people you've killed in the game :D
bioshark: Looks interesting.

However, can somebody confirm to me that you can play this with a female character??

Thanks.
JudasIscariot: Yes, you can play with a male or female character :)
Were you the one who tested the game before?
I saw you asking for some advice over on the Codex :D
So is Vince going to give out GOG keys for pre-orderers?

Yes, you can play with a male or female character :)
Reever: Were you the one who tested the game before?
I saw you asking for some advice over on the Codex :D
No, I didn't test the game way, way, way, way back when. I actually grabbed the final version of the game the night before and I've been trying to get my head wrapped around being an assassin :D
i saw this game a few minutes ago, i read the descriptions, and went to youtube for some playthroughs

this game genere is one of the genre's i like, but the isometric part is a bit off, i have played many old isometric games in the past, this is not isometric the way i can play it (regarding my motionsicknes)

check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SBajj_Ri4

turning, zooming, and the likes, i almost got 'dizzy' watching the first 30 seconds

this is also isometrec, basic, but these kinda games i can play, in the past there were lots of games like these, popular games, nowadays all have to pan in zoom in turn 360degrees, and sometimes be able to watch the skies.
To me fallout calssics and the likes are isometric, maybe its technically incorect but i can play these.

So i also have to skip on this game mainly because of the motions, cause the game type itself and idea is one of my favorites, so i am waiting for a sort of game like this but without all that zooming in and out and all other things that are bad for my motionsickness.

Finally a game that i would be able to run at recommended: (but cant get because of motionsicknessrestrictions)

Recommended system requirements - Windows: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (win7)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Processor or better (2.67 quad)
Memory: 4 GB RAM (8GB)
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 / Radeon HD 4870 (1Gb) or better : GTS 250 1meg ram
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 1500 MB available space

Will there be any developers that release games like these but without all that motion, i am searching like crazy on the internet but i cant find these games anywhere , (drm free ofcourse).

So i am hoping some more old games will be coming again like Eotb and fallout classic and the likes, most of the games were only a no buy for me purely based on motionsicknes not because they were bad games.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by gamesfreak64