It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it Thursday yet? Yes it is.

<span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span>, a dark, brutal, low-fantasy RPG of choice and consequence, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

The Age of Decadence is many things.
It's "an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire." How unique does that sound? Pretty darn unique.

It's a brutal game. It's a game about the brutality and consequences of being human. Instead of saving the world from an all-encompassing evil, you'll discover a world that's already gone to hell, and you'll soon learn why.

It's an incredibly open game. The Age of Decadence respects your right to be a pacifist. A lying, manipulative pacifist. It's a game that'll remind you of a classic text adventure with branching choices and betrayal at every corner. It's also a game with incredible replayability - the choices you make and your origin will influence the game in ways significant enough that you'll feel compelled just to see the other side of the story. Whether an assassin, a drifter, a merchant or a merc - you'll have a thousand stories to tell, and few of them will end well. Check out our own early impressions of the game still in development.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, October 19, 12:59 PM GMT.

In the Press:
"Even walking the non-violent path, this game is no picnic, unless it’s a picnic covered with ants who act friendly, lure you into an alley, and then beat the shit out of you." --RockPaperShotgun
wolfsite: How long does it normally take for GOG to reply to support tickets? I put in a ticket two days ago for this game and haven't heard anything back yet so was just curious about the normal wait time is.
Believe it's supposed to be two Polish business days, but it can take longer? Two weeks ago I sent in two tickets, different games/issues, and one was "resolved" in two business days; the other in three I think, weekend in-between.
Post edited October 17, 2015 by Gydion
wolfsite: How long does it normally take for GOG to reply to support tickets? I put in a ticket two days ago for this game and haven't heard anything back yet so was just curious about the normal wait time is.
Gydion: Believe it's supposed to be two Polish business days, but it can take longer? Two weeks ago I sent in two tickets, different games/issues, and one was "resolved" in two business days; the other in three I think, weekend in between.
I received a reply when I got home from work so Two business days seems
Is there a Demo for it anywhere?

Graphics look good to me and the setting sounds nice. RPGs without fantasy elements are pretty rare, so this game is kind of "automatically interesting".

EDIT: Thanks a lot tokisto! That's what I searched for. :)
Post edited October 17, 2015 by gamefood
gamefood: Is there a Demo for it anywhere?

Graphics look good to me and the setting sounds nice. RPGs without fantasy elements are pretty rare, so this game is kind of "automatically interesting".
http://www.gamershell.com/download_105573.shtml
It is the closest thing to a demo

There's a demo on Steam that's more up to date than 2013 probably. Forget about seeing one here though with team GOG being assholes for whatever reasons.

MaximumBunny: There's a demo on Steam that's more up to date than 2013 probably. Forget about seeing one here though with team GOG being assholes for whatever reasons.
thats a bit uncalled for... :/
Niggles: thats a bit uncalled for... :/
Having blues continue silly conversations and disregarding your serious questions is uncalled for. They're becoming more unprofessional and incompetent as time goes on. We need less buddy-buddy favoritism and more people doing their fucking jobs. That's what's called for.
MaximumBunny: There's a demo on Steam that's more up to date than 2013 probably.
Yep, but that one requires steam client (which I don't have). (if anyone wants to advice me to install the steam client then... if I would *want* to, I would already do it, ok cpt.Obvious? :) )
So link to direct download was welcomed by me too.
Lol @ people saying the game is too hard. I'm playing a Conan-style Mercenary and this is some good shit. Of course I do expect to eventually be killed in some awful, unexpected way, but until then those heads will continue to roll!

Also:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/murderous-psychopaths-needed.104081/
high rated
Hi guys, Oscar here.

We'll upload a standalone version of the demo in the following days for you to try it :)

Thank you very much for your support!
ATTN GOG
RE Age of Decadence Launch Discount

It is currently full priced and my calendar says it is the 18th
Perhaps I have fallen into a slower pocket of time?!
I am scared GOG.
:p

Currently I am resisting buying this, but, it looks like a game made just for me. . .I am growing weaker by the day GOG. (whatever day it is)
Post edited October 18, 2015 by KOCollins
"Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The Age of Decadence is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Wednesday, October 21, 12:59 PM GMT."

This still isn't fixed. I payed the full price today. Also, It won't let me installed the game. It says I don't have enough disk space even though I have almost 300 GB free space.

I'm pretty upset about this GOG.
JudasIscariot:
Judas! Buddy! Pal! Convince me to buy this by bonking someone on the head and reinstating the 10% launch discount...yes I'm stubborn! And I try to be cheap! (unsuccessfully)
Help me Judas, you're my only hope!
;-P
Elhoim: Hi guys, Oscar here.

We'll upload a standalone version of the demo in the following days for you to try it :)

Thank you very much for your support!
You are a true patriot <O/
JudasIscariot:
KOCollins: Help me Judas, you're my only hope!
This might help. Or not.
Attachments:
judashelp.jpg (378 Kb)
Post edited October 19, 2015 by Potzato
GOG.com:
Ah, nice, change the date. Thanks for the acknowledgement. *golf clap*

Wouldn't mind if someone from the team said sorry was a typo, but, not even acknowledging it or Romanul or me. Well that is in my book poor customer service. Still love you, but, just saying. In addition, that launch discount was gone on the 18th so the 'editing' still is in error . . .ReEdit time?? Can't wait! :p

Guess I didn't really need this game any way, probably would have bought it full price, but, now, no thanks...probably later.