It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it Thursday yet? Yes it is.

<span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span>, a dark, brutal, low-fantasy RPG of choice and consequence, is available now - DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

The Age of Decadence is many things.
It's "an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire." How unique does that sound? Pretty darn unique.

It's a brutal game. It's a game about the brutality and consequences of being human. Instead of saving the world from an all-encompassing evil, you'll discover a world that's already gone to hell, and you'll soon learn why.

It's an incredibly open game. The Age of Decadence respects your right to be a pacifist. A lying, manipulative pacifist. It's a game that'll remind you of a classic text adventure with branching choices and betrayal at every corner. It's also a game with incredible replayability - the choices you make and your origin will influence the game in ways significant enough that you'll feel compelled just to see the other side of the story. Whether an assassin, a drifter, a merchant or a merc - you'll have a thousand stories to tell, and few of them will end well. Check out our own early impressions of the game still in development.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. <span class="bold">The Age of Decadence</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, October 19, 12:59 PM GMT.

In the Press:
"Even walking the non-violent path, this game is no picnic, unless it’s a picnic covered with ants who act friendly, lure you into an alley, and then beat the shit out of you." --RockPaperShotgun
Was waiting for this!

Happy this is on GOG! Was following discussion about this game - and with its developers - on RPGCodex. Tried the Demo once but wasn't patient enough (I think there's still a demo people can try out if they want to check the game out).

The key word for this game is reactivity, I guess. You'll have to play several times to get to see all the quests. And your skills will decide how you'll play the game.
That said, combat is pretty difficult, but doable if you get to know the system. The dev himself said that the diplomacy playthrough is the "easy mode".

I'm certainly intrigued and this went directly to my wishlist.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by Reever
Done my part ! :)
I've played early access version on Steam... great game, have been waiting for the full release... A good fit for GOG.
Again with the regional pricing?
Again with the not buying.
Finally!
Hum, I was sure that this game has to be released a... Thursday^^
But good to see it here !
Damn, so Witcher's Expansion Pass or this? Or wait for a bigger discount for both. Decisions, decisions.
Its Wednesday, and far too expensive for my tastes. Another one for the some years down the line.
Smannesman: Again with the regional pricing?
Again with the TBS. I suck at this genre.
low rated
Smannesman: Again with the regional pricing?
Yeah, and this one is old looking too... :P

I know it's not that important for games of that ype... but meh...
I heard good things about this... Any opinions ?
Looks interesting.

However, can somebody confirm to me that you can play this with a female character??

Thanks.
I like the sound of not killing of hallways full monsters the entire game on quests to kill hallways full of monsters. Want.
Licurg: I heard good things about this... Any opinions ?
You can get dialogue options based on how many people you've killed in the game :D
bioshark: Looks interesting.

However, can somebody confirm to me that you can play this with a female character??

Thanks.
Yes, you can play with a male or female character :)
Post edited October 14, 2015 by JudasIscariot