It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The 13th Doll: A Fan Game of The 7th Guest is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until November 7th, 6pm UTC. Owners of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour can get the game 25% off.

Return to The 7th Guest's Stauf Mansion in this mind bending fmv puzzle game made by fans of the original series.

The 13th Doll ties in with the events of The 7th Guest. A decade after Tad managed to escape the mansion, he is still haunted by the souls, dolls, and Stauf's victims he left behind. So haunted, in fact, that the young man now resides in a mental institution - misunderstood, plagued by guilt and obsessed with one idea: to escape the dreary padded walls of his asylum cell, return to the mansion - the site of his innermost fears - to rescue those he left behind and defeat Stauf once and for all!
The link still shows "Coming Soon".

Edit: "Owners of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour can get the game 25% off."

It should be mentioned, that you have to put the game in your cart, to get the 25% discount shown.
Attachments:
Post edited October 31, 2019 by BreOl72
$29.99 SRP, I think I can wait out a better deal. Best of luck to the developers though.
So many great memories with Trilobyte games. I really wish the developers well and hope this is a success for them. I'll be picking it up. ^_^
Too pricey for my taste and not even localised at all which I think is a downside as well. Cheaper indie games have been localised in the past so I wonder what was so expensive here to ask for a price >20 Euro.
MarkoH01: ...I wonder what was so expensive here to ask for a price >20 Euro.
It must be licensing fees.
MarkoH01: ...I wonder what was so expensive here to ask for a price >20 Euro.
TheMonkofDestiny: It must be licensing fees.
Ah yes, that would explain it.
That price, even with the 25% discount, is really making me hesitate, as I haven't been able to find any reviews on YouTube yet. The trailer looks good in a real old-fashioned FMV kind of way though, so I'll probably cave in and buy it anyway for nostalgia's sake. If it's as good as it looks, it should be worth it.

This Halloween, GOG has really been nailing my wallet with all of these great releases, thus I'm on the fence about this one. I've already spent over $100 this week here, so adding this game to the pile is making me slightly uncomfortable with regard to my overall spending.

On the other hand, I want to support developers who feed my craving for PC gaming nostalgia, and this game looks like it ticks all the right boxes for me. I've always been more of an FPS kind of guy, but I do have a special place in my heart for those old adventure games as well.
Honestly it is nice they allowed fans to making their own sequel. We need more developers doing that or more notable support for indie developers in general.
Pretty interesting project. Not really my kind of games though so i guess i wait a bit with a buy but seems like fanproject worth supporting
The 11th Hour (The 7th Guest's sequel) was my favourite FMV point and click adventure back in the 90s. Totally loved the horrible acting and the cheesy scenes The 13th Doll seems to capture that pretty well. I'll keep an eye on it.
BreOl72: The link still shows "Coming Soon".

Edit: "Owners of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour can get the game 25% off."

It should be mentioned, that you have to put the game in your cart, to get the 25% discount shown.
The discount is showing for me. The way these usually work is you need to either own one of the other two titles or have them in your cart for the system to show the discount.
Something I feel is worth asking. If it's being sold for $30 with what I'd assume is the blessing of the current rights-holder for T7G, is it even a fan game anymore, so much as an official sequel?
What happened to the German language version? Two weeks ago the game card showed support for German.
eiii: What happened to the German language version? Two weeks ago the game card showed support for German.
Pretty sure this was a mistake. If this really is just a fan game I don't see any way for it to have German audio - maybe German subs ... but seeing that now no other languages at all are listed I doubt that they even planned localisation.
Post edited November 02, 2019 by MarkoH01