It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Contains dark fantasy overtones.

<span class="bold">Tender Loving Care</span>, a psychological thriller about the dramatic repercussions of a family tragedy, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 75% launch discount.

Dealing with the death of a child is no easy matter. The Overtons turn to Dr. Turner (2-time Oscar nominee John Hurt) who suggests they hire a live-in nurse. Seduction, dangerous fantasies, and dark secrets will start tearing them apart and you, as a curious observer, will get to explore and evaluate the drama while watching it unfold in high-quality FMV. Just careful not to let it get to you...

The 75% discount will last until July 06, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by maladr0Id
Klumpen0815: There are also users here who have the German DVD version btw, it would be nice if that could be added as well after the license shenanigans have been worked out.
Where are those? I only own the German CD version and gave this to Judas already. Of course it would be great if the German DVD version could be added but so far I don't know anybody who could do this.
Post edited July 01, 2017 by MarkoH01
Klumpen0815: There are also users here who have the German DVD version
MarkoH01: Where are those?
Silver83

Read the first post here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/tender_loving_care/video_quality
MarkoH01: Where are those?
Klumpen0815: Silver83

Read the first post here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/tender_loving_care/video_quality
Thank you (I was only reading this thread - my mistake). Then maybe silver (if he wants to) should contact Judas and offer him his version. Of course it's up to him to do so. BTW: just looked at the screenshots and if he call these bad he has never seen the CD version screens :) Better than nothing but really bad.
MarkoH01: Better than nothing but really bad.
If I may disagree, it's not better than nothing: It's arguably the worst version of TLC ever released. Not only is the video quality beyond all that is acceptable - they've also replaced the relative free exploration of the house with a rather clunky and counter-intuitive map-based movement that destroys all immersion. They also added absolutely ludicrous white boxes that highlight all secrets, thus destroying all the pleasure of exploration. The more I get into it, the more dreadful this release gets.
MarkoH01: Better than nothing but really bad.
Wolfram_von_Thal: If I may disagree, it's not better than nothing: It's arguably the worst version of TLC ever released. Not only is the video quality beyond all that is acceptable - they've also replaced the relative free exploration of the house with a rather clunky and counter-intuitive map-based movement that destroys all immersion. They also added absolutely ludicrous white boxes that highlight all secrets, thus destroying all the pleasure of exploration. The more I get into it, the more dreadful this release gets.
You misunderstood me completeley. My last sentence was referring to my CD version of the game. When I bought the game THEN it was the only possibility for me to get it. I did not even know there was a DVD version and I also did not own a DVD drive so yes, it was better than nothing for me to buy the CD version (which is not offered by GOG). I was not talking about the version GOG is offering NOW which has much better quality than the CD version (just take a look at the attached screenshot to see it can be worse) but obviously still is inferior to the DVD version of the game which I never played or owned.
Attachments:
tlc_cd.jpg (60 Kb)
Post edited July 01, 2017 by MarkoH01
Wolfram_von_Thal: If I may disagree, it's not better than nothing: It's arguably the worst version of TLC ever released. Not only is the video quality beyond all that is acceptable - they've also replaced the relative free exploration of the house with a rather clunky and counter-intuitive map-based movement that destroys all immersion. They also added absolutely ludicrous white boxes that highlight all secrets, thus destroying all the pleasure of exploration. The more I get into it, the more dreadful this release gets.
MarkoH01: You misunderstood me completeley. My last sentence was referring to my CD version of the game. When I bought the game THEN it was the only possibility for me to get it. I did not even know there was a DVD version and I also did not own a DVD drive so yes, it was better than nothing for me to buy the CD version (which is not offered by GOG). I was not talking about the version GOG is offering NOW which has much better quality than the CD version (just take a look at the attached screenshot to see it can be worse) but obviously still is inferior to the DVD version of the game which I never played or owned.
If 's how the CD version looks and [url=https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2017/06/4101c5bf66f3940ffd26df20840b4cca32d16a91.jpg]that how the DVD version looks... where do the videos from the current version (in between) come from?
Are those overly compressed versions of the videos that were on the DVD because it was originally made for smartphones and you couldn't tell the difference on a small screen anyway? oO
I think I can honestly say Tender Loving Care looks more exciting than Her Story. Faint praise but... Ha, ha!
Post edited July 01, 2017 by pferreira1983
Klumpen0815: Are those overly compressed versions of the videos that were on the DVD because it was originally made for smartphones and you couldn't tell the difference on a small screen anyway? oO
I think that's exactly the point, it's a smartphone-port of a PC-game ported back to PC. I noticed that the game starts in a small window by default - that would be the intended screen-size I assume.
fronzelneekburm: Bro, John Hurt's involvement IS the quality guarantee. Even if the game were a complete pile of shit - which it most certainly isn't, even though it may not be to everyone's taste and it offers precious little of actual gameplay value - it still has one of the greatest actors ever in it. I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I think this is well worth the onefiddy asking price just for the chance to see an accomplished actor in one of his lesser seen roles.
Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about the quality of his performance. I too greatly admire the actor. :)

fronzelneekburm: Seriously, you - and all the rest of you naysayers :P - should give it a try!
I certainly don't mind doing that but I'll hold off making a purchase until GOG offers a decent version picture-wise.
deleted
"Tender Loving Care" froze on me and it stays that way regardless whether I use Linux or Windows. :(
It happened right here (see attachment).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i-_k-ibt6s&t=6m

I get the highlighted boxes but nothing happens regardless of what I click (menu, map, boxes, etc...).
Loading the save just sends me directly to the frozen scene.

:(
Attachments:
Post edited July 02, 2017 by Klumpen0815
I'm playing the game with Wine on Linux. There are two items in the game which do nothing for me and I'm curious if that's the same on Windows:

- The radio in the Master Bedroom does nothing.
- The dictaphone in Kathryn's Room also does nothing, even when I click on it. Only the red LED is switched on.

Are these items supposed to do something when you select them? Is there an audio file played when you select them on Windows, which maybe does not work when you play the game with Wine?
Post edited July 02, 2017 by eiii
Orionos: I loved this game. I don't think you can see the results of the questions.
SpiderFighter: Earlier in the thread someone posted that the results are an option after the game ends, I believe.
I did not get any results when the games ended, although I waited until after the credits. I got to a screen where I only had two options, "HELP" and "BEGIN", which gets you to a help screen or restarts the game from the beginning.

Klumpen0815: I wasn't sure whether it's supposed to be "played" in one sitting since there is no hint of any save function whatsoever, but after clicking the X, I got asked whether I want to save the progress.
Interesting! I also was asking me how am I supposed to close this game. As I was playing it in full screen mode I had no "x" and have just killed the game to end it. On restart I got asked if I want to continue and the game continued from the start of the last episode.

I agree about the video quality, it really is bad, especially the artifacts and the blurring because of the high compression. But I like the white boxes, they help to avoid uselessly clicking around and not to miss anything.

Klumpen0815: "Tender Loving Care" froze on me and it stays that way regardless whether I use Linux or Windows. :(
It happened right here (see attachment).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i-_k-ibt6s&t=6m
The video quality in that Let's play is a lot better than that of the GOG release. :(

Klumpen0815: I get the highlighted boxes but nothing happens regardless of what I click (menu, map, boxes, etc...).
Loading the save just sends me directly to the frozen scene.
Have you tried to jump to another playback position with the video player? The game also froze once for me, but jumping forth and back in the video fixed it for me.
Post edited July 02, 2017 by eiii
eiii: - The radio in the Master Bedroom does nothing.
- The dictaphone in Kathryn's Room also does nothing, even when I click on it. Only the red LED is switched on.
As I've written in the other thread, it works fine for me in WINE.

eiii: Have you tried to jump to another playback position with the video player? The game also froze once for me, but jumping forth and back in the video fixed it for me.
I had that too once but unfortunately there is no video in this scene, it's a still image.
eiii: I agree about the video quality, it really is bad, especially the artifacts and the blurring because of the high compression. But I like the white boxes, they help to avoid uselessly clicking around and not to miss anything.
In my experience there has never been "usless clicking around", because the mouse pointer in the original game is context-sensitive. It was much less obtrusive and still gave you the impression of sniffing through the home of these people.