It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telling Lies is now available DRM-free.

Telling Lies sits you in front of an anonymous laptop loaded with a stolen NSA database full of footage. The footage covers two years in the intimate lives of four people whose stories are linked by a shocking incident. Explore the database by typing search terms, watch the clips where those words are spoken and piece together your story.
Ouch, I'll wait for a sale. I need to get into "Her Story" anyway.
Apparently this game has achievement support but it isn't listed on the store page
https://www.gog.com/forum/telling_lies/archievements/post2
TheGreatDustpan: Apparently this game has achievement support but it isn't listed on the store page
https://www.gog.com/forum/telling_lies/archievements/post2
Very useful to know, thank you.
$7 in the apple store, $20 for the exact same thing on pc. surely a developer worth supporting since they only triple the price on another platform... and they brought up the bullshit movie ticket+popcorn analogy because clearly those cost the same all over the world.
The description sounds like "Her Story".
TheGreatDustpan:
Nice! Will pick up the GOG version once I get through the other live action games.
Dohi64: $7 in the apple store, $20 for the exact same thing on pc. surely a developer worth supporting since they only triple the price on another platform... and they brought up the bullshit movie ticket+popcorn analogy because clearly those cost the same all over the world.
Would you begrudge the idiots that buy Apple products their meagre rewards? LOL
1jocator: The description sounds like "Her Story".
Same guy behind both games.
Dohi64: $7 in the apple store, $20 for the exact same thing on pc. surely a developer worth supporting since they only triple the price on another platform... and they brought up the bullshit movie ticket+popcorn analogy because clearly those cost the same all over the world.
A good pricing for this would be 10-12€ all over.

I'm not paying for idiots that change phone every year, especiually when the phone costs 500 to 2000€. :P

Let THEM pay more.
I really wish GOG did things like the Complete Your Collection bundles on Steam.

For example I own Her Story so I can get Telling Lies for £13.94 there. (And if it goes on sale, I get a even deeper discount.)

Where as here despite owning Her Story here as well, I don't get anything off Telling Lies and have to pay full price.
Post edited August 24, 2019 by RoboPond
LOL!
Is this the new coming of interactive FMV games?

What next, Doom-clones? Oh right, they are still doing those...
Zoidberg: A good pricing for this would be 10-12€ all over.

I'm not paying for idiots that change phone every year, especiually when the phone costs 500 to 2000€. :P

Let THEM pay more.
I guess the prices are based on the volume they expect to sell on each platform and what price games are usually sold on that platform. Not sure if a lot of people would buy a game over 10€ on the App Store. They'll sell more copies if priced at 7€. In the end I'd say the developers expect to make as much money on the App Store and on GOG.

And the version available on GOG also runs on macOS, 2 different platforms, and the price tag on GOG probably reflects that as well? Or maybe not!
Zoidberg: A good pricing for this would be 10-12€ all over.

Let THEM pay more.
divarre: I guess the prices are based on the volume they expect to sell on each platform and what price games are usually sold on that platform. Not sure if a lot of people would buy a game over 10€ on the App Store. They'll sell more copies if priced at 7€. In the end I'd say the developers expect to make as much money on the App Store and on GOG.

And the version available on GOG also runs on macOS, 2 different platforms, and the price tag on GOG probably reflects that as well? Or maybe not!
That guy doesn't understand economics or psychology. o.O