It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your greatest "What If" scenario.

<span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, a global-scale game of tactics and world domination, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Save 50% on your global supremacy with the 4-day launch discount!

In a world where the Superman is a symbol of war, eugenics and genocide; a world in which with great power comes no accountability, and superpowers are far from beacons of light and justice personified - it's no surprise that the most powerful men and women alive have little business playing hero. You are only human after all, and you have everything you need to become the world order you envision.
SuperPower 2 is a game of global-scale tactics, politics and warfare. It's the ultimate "what if" simulator: What if the United States tried to annex the Americas? What if North Korea isn't bluffing? What if you got to run the show? Build up your nation from nothing to greatness, increase your economic and political influence through artful negotiation or sanctions if need be, and loom over your foes with the most glorious of nuclear armies.

Become a new world order in <span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last for four days, until Monday, August 17, 12:59 PM GMT.
Treasure: (...)
I'm not sure about EU I and II. Have to start them to check. I only know that Cyprus is playable in III and IV.

Edit: Apparently EU I doesn't start on Win 10 - but if i'm not mistaken that one only had 8-10 playable nations and i'm pretty sure that Cyprus isn't one of them.
Post edited August 13, 2015 by ElTerprise
Treasure: (...)
ElTerprise: I'M not sure about EU I and II. Have to start them to check. I only know that Cyprus is playable in III and IV.
Ah, ok, well you don't have to start them to check. :-) Since you don't remember, I'll probably have to start EUI and II myself and see for myself the playablility of Cyprus (as I mentioned before I like to have visual proof of Cyprus being playable and all), but since you're certain about EUIII and IV, I'll bear that in mind for when/if Paradox decides to release these games on Gog. Anyways, thanks again for notifying me of this, since it'll make my gogmix more complete! :-)

P.S. Saw your edit too-thankfully I'm not affected by the Win10 problem (I have Win7), so I'll check both these games, but will bear in mind that EUI is way less likely to have Cyprus as playable...
Treasure: Ah, ok, well you don't have to start them to check. :-) Since you don't remember, I'll probably have to start EUI and II myself and see for myself the playablility of Cyprus (as I mentioned before I like to have visual proof of Cyprus being playable and all), but since you're certain about EUIII and IV, I'll bear that in mind for when/if Paradox decides to release these games on Gog. Anyways, thanks again for notifying me of this, since it'll make my gogmix more complete! :-)

P.S. Saw your edit too-thankfully I'm not affected by the Win10 problem (I have Win7), so I'll check both these games, but will bear in mind that EUI is way less likely to have Cyprus as playable...
It's definitely not playable in EUII. Just checked it.
Treasure: tl;dr I'd appreciate it if you could tell me from when till when Cyprus is playable in EUI + II so that I'll mend my description in my gogmix. :-)
Not 100%* about 1 & 2, but would be weird if it weren't since it is a playable nation in 3 and 4.

*Never played the first two games, my introduction to Paradox games was EU IV. They're on my backlog though. :p

Edit: Damn you ElTerprise. You keep ninja'ing me! *shakes fist* :P
Post edited August 13, 2015 by FoxySage
ThomNG:
I also did not like that you had dropped your games from GOG. And I liked the "in and out" even less. I was so much disappointed that I did not buy your In-N-Out bundle which I would have bought immediately without the "out" part.

But that's the past, I'm happy your games are back here on GOG and maintained again. As Superpower 2, which looks interesting, comes with German language support I still hope we will see the German versions of Spellforce 1 & 2, Silver (with a great German voice!) and other Nordic games here on GOG some day. Hint hint ... ;)

And thanks for dropping by and searching the contact with the community! Unfortunately not too many publishers do that.
Superpower 2 seemed interesting in its time. Still have the old retail copy lying somewhere. Will wishlist for now.

Also SupCom soon please.
Post edited August 14, 2015 by Matruchus
ThomNG: Enjoy our next GOG release: Rule the world in Superpower 2 :)
Luned: "About: This remastered version of SuperPower 2 features:
- New internet matchmaking library, and modified UI flow in the multiplayer menus
- Updated code to support new OS
- Widescreen Resolution support"

Sounds like a lot of effort went into getting this one into a fit state to release!
But the resolution is locked and not full screen.
I can never see the event log at the bottom. There is no space to move the window up at all, so things like the event log is not viewable :(
Post edited August 14, 2015 by styggron
FoxySage: Not 100%* about 1 & 2, but would be weird if it weren't since it is a playable nation in 3 and 4.

*Never played the first two games, my introduction to Paradox games was EU IV. They're on my backlog though. :p

Edit: Damn you ElTerprise. You keep ninja'ing me! *shakes fist* :P
ElTerprise: It's definitely not playable in EUII. Just checked it.
Since I now learnt from EITerprise that EUII definitely hasn't Cyprus as a playable entity, I decided to check the page of EUI before trying to find its installer in the cornucopia of installers in my external hard drive, when I noticed from the decription that EUI starts in 1492 -that is, 3 years after Cyprus became part of the Venetian Empire- and thus the island can't be independently playable. So, not much mending is needed for my gogmix for now, other than specifying that also Cyprus is present geographically but not playable in EUI + II. Anyways, when/if EUIII +IV come, I'll know now the correct details. :-)
Thanks again both of you! (and sorry for delaying to reply, I was offline for the night).

edit-just received a correction from EITerprise by PM- some things need mending after all... :-)
Post edited August 14, 2015 by Treasure
i read a review, seems it has some things that need fixing ?
Treasure: edit-just received a correction from EITerprise by PM- some things need mending after all... :-)
What needed to be mended? Just curious.

Btw, even if it isn't playable at start - can you still release the nation and play as the vassal of Venice in the first two games? Or was that a feature that first came into being in the sequels?
apehater: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014, just to force their sales. they came back more than once temporary to get even more and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently. strange or? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes.
ThomNG: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014 (true!), just to force their sales (not true, it was not a decision sales wise and it has not boosted sales at all, why should it?). they came back more than once temporary (true!) to get even more (more to do some high discounted sales with GOG and to show that there is still something going on behind the scenes and we have not left GOG completely) and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently (the Gothic franchise had nothing to do with our comeback or with putting the games offline - as you may know we are doing Elex now with PB, so our relationship with the devs of Gothic is a really good one). strange or (not really)? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember (maybe you should have focused on the "blablabla" and don't you think that situations can change, that we found ways to deal with issues which just needed some time and that GOG and Nordic Games were interested in continuing the great partnership we had and not just stay with the few titles never got offline (Raven, Book of Unwritten Tales, etc.) - yeah there were some titles never offline, seen that?)? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more (because those "greedy assholes" like working with GOG, offer their fantastic games to the great GOG community and getting more DRM free versions out to the users here - for money? sure, you can blame us for doing business, I am fine with that)? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes (could have thought about worse comparisons ;) ).
Completely unrelated topic, any news on Superpower 3? Also, what kind of release are you looking for with The Guild 3?

CommissarBRO

Also, for everyone who needs a tutorial or wants to know what the game looks like, I've been a huge SP2 fan for the past.... eh 8 years or so and I've built up quite the collection of Superpower 2 videos.

Just search Rise of Djibouti or Commissar BRO on youtube and you'll find all the SP2 videos you could ever want.
Post edited August 14, 2015 by halohelldaddy
Treasure: edit-just received a correction from EITerprise by PM- some things need mending after all... :-)
FoxySage: What needed to be mended? Just curious.

Btw, even if it isn't playable at start - can you still release the nation and play as the vassal of Venice in the first two games? Or was that a feature that first came into being in the sequels?
By mending I meant that I changed my description for EUII - while before I said "same as EUI" (which features Greece + Cyprus only geographically), now I have there some info ElTerprise game me via PM (and naturally mention him for his help).
As for the 2nd, I have no idea atm (haven't played the EU games yet), but I doubt this is likely to happen, as, historically, Venice got her possessions mainly for their commercial interest (case in point- Cyprus was a good trading point towards the Middle-East, plus many of its products were exportable-same with Crete) and would never let go of them in any other way than ceding to a more powerful enemy (as happened in the case of Cyprus in 1571 and Crete in 1669-both were conquered by the Ottomans...). So what I'm saying is that not releasing the island (nation is the wrong term in this context-and every other context imo-Cyprus isn't an island-nation, like Malta, but part of a bigger nation, kinda like Sicily and Crete) is the realistic thing (neither England (its empire is comparable to Venice's in many aspects), many centuries afterwards, willingly released her colonies, but after immense external pressure), and if the releasing aspect came into play at EUIII and IV, it was probably more in order to explore what would happen if Venice was more lax with her possessions.
Post edited August 14, 2015 by Treasure
I purchased this on steam earlier this year, but does this version require aircraft carriers to send troops overseas? The steam version does and I find it very annoying even if it's a bit more realistic. I would like a version closer to the disc version I owned forever ago where you could just invade nations without much navel power.