It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your greatest "What If" scenario.

<span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, a global-scale game of tactics and world domination, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Save 50% on your global supremacy with the 4-day launch discount!

In a world where the Superman is a symbol of war, eugenics and genocide; a world in which with great power comes no accountability, and superpowers are far from beacons of light and justice personified - it's no surprise that the most powerful men and women alive have little business playing hero. You are only human after all, and you have everything you need to become the world order you envision.
SuperPower 2 is a game of global-scale tactics, politics and warfare. It's the ultimate "what if" simulator: What if the United States tried to annex the Americas? What if North Korea isn't bluffing? What if you got to run the show? Build up your nation from nothing to greatness, increase your economic and political influence through artful negotiation or sanctions if need be, and loom over your foes with the most glorious of nuclear armies.

Become a new world order in <span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last for four days, until Monday, August 17, 12:59 PM GMT.
Looks very interesting.

Instabought.

Thank you Nordic Games for publishing on GOG.
I guess this is the same version as the one over at Steam. If so it`s not too promising.
There is at least one gamebraking bug, related to the economy, and they did not fix this in the new
edition.

I have the original version but it would bee nice if they patched the outstanding problems since they decided
to re-release the game.
Konrad: A little messup on our end. Should be business as usual now!
ThomNG: The news entry on the gog landing page is now leading to nowhere (and therefore back to gog.com) ;)
It is GoG's attempt at taking over the world by sending us all in a maze-like loop to keep us distracted from their plans. ;)

Treasure: A slight question from me (just to know whether I did well putting the game on my Gogmix): Does anybody know whether the game has Greece and Cyprus as playable countries? Because according to wikipedia the 193 countries available are the ones recognised by UN, and both Greece and Cyprus are, so just wanting to make sure...
They both show on the first screenshot shown on the store page. So seems like they're playable. ;)
http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2015/08/a02979798f1f1d0a100aff15d1d52b7bf0f7aa96.jpg
Post edited August 13, 2015 by FoxySage
apehater: [cut]
Those anti Nordic post of you make you look like a "member" of the world wide tinfoil brigade. The people who believe the moon landing were faked, that the world is controlled by a cabal (Illuminati, Freemasons, Aliens, Jews, U.N., etc... ), 9/11 was controlled by the U.S. government or one of the aforementioned cabals...

I'm not downvoting you but here's my little conspiracy theory about it: Some of it might even be done by people who agree with you but think you make them look bad by how you seem to obsess about it.
justanoldgamer: ...
Is the US government actually run by Nazi aliens?
justanoldgamer:
Confirmed: justanoldgamer is illuminati trying to deflect attention. :)

I bet you're openly hostile to those of us born in the E-Universe too, eh?
Post edited August 13, 2015 by budejovice
Treasure: A slight question from me (just to know whether I did well putting the game on my Gogmix): Does anybody know whether the game has Greece and Cyprus as playable countries? Because according to wikipedia the 193 countries available are the ones recognised by UN, and both Greece and Cyprus are, so just wanting to make sure...
FoxySage: They both show on the first screenshot shown on the store page. So seems like they're playable. ;)
http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2015/08/a02979798f1f1d0a100aff15d1d52b7bf0f7aa96.jpg
Thank you as well, but I was already linked to this screenshot. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I found on youtube a video that shows Greece being playable for sure but still keep my reservations regarding Cyprus, since I haven't found a solid proof of that one on the internet -but still not many games include Cyprus, even as a non-playable entity (much less as a playable one -only other game that includes it as a playable entity is Crusader Kings!), so I guess should be glad it's included at least!
Anyways, thanks for trying to help eitherways. :-)
Hm, I'm getting text issues. Location, for example, is displaying "PASSWORD" instead of "Longitude/Latitude", and the apostrophe/quote characters (', ") are displaying as ASCII pipe characters.

Win7x64
Treasure: Thank you as well, but I was already linked to this screenshot. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I found on youtube a video that shows Greece being playable for sure but still keep my reservations regarding Cyprus, since I haven't found a solid proof of that one on the internet -but still not many games include Cyprus, even as a non-playable entity (much less as a playable one -only other game that includes it as a playable entity is Crusader Kings!), so I guess should be glad it's included at least!
But the text on the gamecard states that:
193 real countries all playable & equipped with realistic data drawn from the CIA World Factbook, the United Nations and U.S. Military databases.
Considering the release date of the game that should cover all recognized nations at that time - including Cyprus.
Treasure: Thank you as well, but I was already linked to this screenshot. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I found on youtube a video that shows Greece being playable for sure but still keep my reservations regarding Cyprus, since I haven't found a solid proof of that one on the internet -but still not many games include Cyprus, even as a non-playable entity (much less as a playable one -only other game that includes it as a playable entity is Crusader Kings!), so I guess should be glad it's included at least!
ElTerprise: But the text on the gamecard states that:

193 real countries all playable & equipped with realistic data drawn from the CIA World Factbook, the United Nations and U.S. Military databases.
ElTerprise: Considering the release date of the game that should cover all recognized nations at that time - including Cyprus.
Thank you as well for your help! Wikipedia also said that these 193 states are the ones the UN recognises, so I suppose Cyprus might be included indeed, but then I'm the kind of person that won't believe something that wouldn't normally happen (e.g. an island nation such as Cyprus being actually playable in a videogame!) until I see it. Anyways, I was asking because I put this game on my gogmix of games featuring Greece, where I also mention a couple that feature Cyprus too, and wanted to be certain my wording had been correct on that entry. So I think I'll leave the tone of uncertainty regarding Cyprus on the gogmix, but still anyone interested now knows that there's a possibility Cyprus is playable. Anyways, thanks everybody! (In short-I'm leaving the original wording of my gogmix, and everyone interested is invited to take a look at it anytime!) :-)
igrok: I am personally glad Nordic is back. Silver, Pax Imperia, Black Mirror, Red Faction, Dark Fall and other games belong here on GOG.
I just saw their games and they have so many awesome titles I don't know where to look at. Atm I'm kicking some necro-asses in Painkiller: Black Edition and getting my ass kicked on Spellforce.
I'd love to hear what's next by Nordic!
Great publisher! :P
Treasure: Thank you as well for your help! Wikipedia also said that these 193 states are the ones the UN recognises, so I suppose Cyprus might be included indeed, but then I'm the kind of person that won't believe something that wouldn't normally happen (e.g. an island nation such as Cyprus being actually playable in a videogame!) until I see it. Anyways, I was asking because I put this game on my gogmix of games featuring Greece, where I also mention a couple that feature Cyprus too, and wanted to be certain my wording had been correct on that entry. So I think I'll leave the tone of uncertainty regarding Cyprus on the gogmix, but still anyone interested now knows that there's a possibility Cyprus is playable. Anyways, thanks everybody! (In short-I'm leaving the original wording of my gogmix, and everyone interested is invited to take a look at it anytime!) :-)
You're welcome. Cyprus being playable is not that common indeed. The other games i can think of are the Paradox ones like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.
FoxySage: They both show on the first screenshot shown on the store page. So seems like they're playable. ;)
Treasure: Thank you as well, but I was already linked to this screenshot. As I mentioned earlier in this thread,
Ops, sorry, guess i missed that post.

Treasure: I found on youtube a video that shows Greece being playable for sure but still keep my reservations regarding Cyprus, since I haven't found a solid proof of that one on the internet -but still not many games include Cyprus, even as a non-playable entity (much less as a playable one -only other game that includes it as a playable entity is Crusader Kings!), so I guess should be glad it's included at least!
That's false. Europa Universalis have Cyprus as a playable nation too. There is even an achievement with it in EU IV where you have to form the Kingdom of Jerusalem. (also formable by the Knights, another OPM crusader nation) ;)

Edit: Got ninja'd by ElTerprise. :P
Post edited August 13, 2015 by FoxySage
This one does look interesting and will have to add to wishlist for now... 4 days to decide before price back to normal. Thanks GOG and Nordic...

EDIT - sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but is this game pausable? or at least able to slow it waaaaay down.
Post edited August 13, 2015 by Russonc
ElTerprise: You're welcome. Cyprus being playable is not that common indeed. The other games i can think of are the Paradox ones like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.
FoxySage: That's false. Europa Universalis have Cyprus as a playable nation too. There is even an achievement with it in EU IV where you have to form the Kingdom of Jerusalem. (also formable by the Knights, another OPM crusader nation) ;)

Edit: Got ninja'd by ElTerprise. :P
Oh really? Europa Universalis has Cyprus as independently playable? I didn't know that! (I got the game on the summer sale, but still haven't gotten around to playing it...) From what I know about the history of Cyprus (it is taught obligatorily in school) Cyprus was under the rule of the Frankish family of Lusignan from 1191 (the 3rd Crusade- how they got the island is a bit complicated to explain here though...) till 1489, when the last Lusignan king died and the venetian government took the power from his venetian wife and Cyprus was made yet another of Venice's possessions. So, not having played EUI and II (I played Crusader Kings for a bit though) I assumed the game started after 1489 and thus Cyprus, being a part of the Venetian empire, wasn't playable. Apparently, that isn't the case and I'll have to mend my description (so I'd like to know from when till when Cyprus is playable in EUI :-) ). As for the Kingdom of Jerusalem part, the Kingdom of Cyprus had close ties with Jerusalem (them being next door and all, and also the 1st Lusignan, Guy, was briefly king of Jerusalem before geting Cyprus as his own) and the rights to the throne of Jerusalem were tranferred to the Lusignans after Jerusalem fell, so the Lusignans always felt an obligation to try and restore Jerusalem under christian rule, but most couldn't do that much by themselves (Cyprus being small and all)...

tl;dr I'd appreciate it if you could tell me from when till when Cyprus is playable in EUI + II so that I'll mend my description in my gogmix. :-)

edit-typos
Post edited August 13, 2015 by Treasure