It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which side are you on, general?

Sudden Strike 1, 2 & 3, the RTS series that perfectly captured the chaotic intensity of WW2, are now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com, with a 25% bundle discount. Anyone who pre-ordered or will pre-order <span class="bold">Sudden Strike 4</span>, will receive all three of them for free.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike Gold</span> ets you command Russian, German, French, American and British forces during its WW2-inspired campaign. With destructible terrain and epic battles featuring hundreds of units in every scenario, it kicked off the series with confidence.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 2 Gold</span> continued that legacy, adding the Japanese armies to the mix, and spicing things up with more vehicular action and the war spreading to the Pacific.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 3</span> made the transition to 3D, letting you co-ordinate aerial, naval, and land-based attacks, expanding the size of the massive maps even further. Its advanced AI will become your best ally, when executing your tactics with the huge armies under your command.

Buy all three together for a 25% bundle discount, until Friday, August 4, 1 PM UTC.

NOTE: While still not entirely devoid of technical hiccups, these versions of the celebrated classics have been tweaked to work better in today's machines. You can expect added CD audio to SS 1, 2, and Resource War, restored editors for SS 3 and Last Stand, and a more stable performance for SS 2.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
has anyone read the note on the announcement!

"While still not entirely devoid of technical hiccups, these versions of the celebrated classics have been tweaked to work better in today's machines. You can expect added CD audio to SS 1, 2, and Resource War, restored editors for SS 3 and Last Stand, and a more stable performance for SS 2."

finally some truth, at least this time they state that the release is buggy. not like all the other times (like quake 2, rage of mages, uprsing 2, ...) where they tried to cash in for buggy or not working games.

btw did i ever mention that gog sucks?
NOTE: While still not entirely devoid of technical hiccups, these versions of the celebrated classics have been tweaked to work better in today's machines. You can expect added CD audio to SS 1, 2, and Resource War, restored editors for SS 3 and Last Stand, and a more stable performance for SS 2.
That doesn't sound good.
low rated

Crosmando: That doesn't sound good.
at least they're honest this time
Which game is better?
GOG.com: [i]NOTE: While still not entirely devoid of technical hiccups,
Could someone from staff clarify "technical hiccups"? How bad are we talking here?
haydenaurion: Could someone from staff clarify "technical hiccups"? How bad are we talking here?
I'd like to know that, too. :)
low rated
haydenaurion: Could someone from staff clarify "technical hiccups"? How bad are we talking here?
Wurzelkraft: I'd like to know that, too. :)
with hiccups they mean: if you install it, then first galaxy will delete your hdd and then your pc will explode!
apehater: btw did i ever mention that gog sucks?
Yes, you can stop now.
Wow, regionally priced (theoretically) $5.99 10-16 y/o titles. Also with price hike in non-Euro regions too.
apehater: with hiccups they mean: if you install it, then first galaxy will delete your hdd and then your pc will explode!
Haha, you're funny :)
low rated
apehater: with hiccups they mean: if you install it, then first galaxy will delete your hdd and then your pc will explode!
opslo: Haha, you're funny :)
as funny as it sounds, nowdays on gog this could become real. there's always a new low for gog.
Thankyou GoG,
I forgot that we get these for free if we pre ordered Sudden Strike 4 all those weeks ago. I went in to buy them and noticed they are all there.

Looking forward to playing them. I didn't see them at the time, I missed them somehow. Fantastic GoG goodness :)
Another great addition.

I suppose it's a bit like Blitzkrieg but with more personality.

Faster and more action packed. Less authentic.

There's some fun single player scenarios included as well as multiple campaigns for each of the nations.

I believe the developers on the STEAM forums mentioned that the source code has been lost so anything like widescreen support is a negative:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/612300/discussions/0/1291817208483428014/#c1291817208483504075

Windows 10 will need DirectPlay (Legacy Components) to be installed when the game is first run - it should prompt and install automatically.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by mwnn
Wurzelkraft: I'd like to know that, too. :)
I've had an hour in all of them and they seem to be all working fine on Win10 64bit. Pretty solid performance, can't remember them running so smooth from the retail disk (at least SS2). Resolutions on the older ones is a bit limited but otherwise the map and interface would not scale properly anyway (a.k.a. small icons syndrome) so its fine (as I remember playing back in the day). Sudden Strike 3 runs easy at higher resolutions (1440p in my case) so thats definitely a plus.

Only issue I had was with Sudden Strike 3 and the expansion on Win10 64bit. It crashes at start up when 'Direct Play' is not enabled, which it isn't standard on Windows 10. You need to activate it in the control panel and then the game works fine. I remember Roller Coaster Tycoon having the same, but I thought windows automatically promted you to activate this setting when it noticed it was missing.. All I got was a lousy error message so I had to search the Steam forums for a fix lol (because they were getting the same thing).

Guess GOG should remind us to activate Direct Play (for at least SS3) in order to play on Windows 10, besides that all releases seem solid. But maybe a staff can share any other noticable issues.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by Evixios
"technical hiccups", tells me nowt really, so giving this lot a miss.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by DampSquib