It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Streets of Rogue is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until October 4th, 1pm UTC.

Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.

Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.

In order to progress,you will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way you see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
high rated
Madguy: Developer here!

Regarding updates to the game: No worries, the GOG builds will be updated at the same time as the Steam builds get updated. Steam and GOG need to have matching versions in order for cross-play multiplayer to work properly, so I'll be keeping everything consistent :)
tfishell: thanks. how much more difficult is it to update on GOG than Steam, if you can say?
It's actually very, very easy to make updates on GOG. Maybe this wasn't the case before, but as of right now they have some very user-friendly software that makes the process about as smooth as it could be.
Post edited September 29, 2019 by Madguy
tfishell: thanks. how much more difficult is it to update on GOG than Steam, if you can say?
Madguy: It's actually very, very easy to make updates on GOG. Maybe this wasn't the case before, but as of right now they have some very user-friendly software that makes the process about as smooth as it could be.
Thanks for letting me know! Also you should ask GOG staff for "orange text" to make yourself stand out as a developer.

Hmm, some of these other devs sound just incredibly lazy then. Geez.
Post edited September 29, 2019 by tfishell
pferreira1983: The only problem with Streets of Rogue I see so far is that it the title sets up expectations this is a side scrolling beat'em up when it's a completely different genre.
What are you talking about? The title is a reference to Rogue, the game at the origin of roguelikes, not beat'em up.
pferreira1983: The only problem with Streets of Rogue I see so far is that it the title sets up expectations this is a side scrolling beat'em up when it's a completely different genre.
Alnar: What are you talking about? The title is a reference to Rogue, the game at the origin of roguelikes, not beat'em up.
This game's title (and, seemingly, its "cover" art as well) is pretty clearly referencing Streets of Rage, as well as (obviously) Rogue.
For what it's worth, I also expected a roguelite brawler along those lines, rather than a roguelite open-world sandbox action RPG(?).
Post edited September 30, 2019 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: This game's title (and, seemingly, its "cover" art as well) is pretty clearly referencing Streets of Rage, as well as (obviously) Rogue.
For what it's worth, I also expected a roguelite brawler along those lines, rather than a roguelite open-world sandbox action RPG(?).
Exactly! Perhaps the developers should have taken the name for the game from another rogue game?