It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Streets of Rogue is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until October 4th, 1pm UTC.

Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.

Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.

In order to progress,you will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way you see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
Does this game have permadeath?
high rated
Developer here!

Regarding updates to the game: No worries, the GOG builds will be updated at the same time as the Steam builds get updated. Steam and GOG need to have matching versions in order for cross-play multiplayer to work properly, so I'll be keeping everything consistent :)
Maxvorstadt: Does this game have permadeath?
This, I hope it's at least an option as I hate replaying and reacquiring skills/loot over and over again...
high rated
Maxvorstadt: Does this game have permadeath?
takezodunmer2005: This, I hope it's at least an option as I hate replaying and reacquiring skills/loot over and over again...
The game is a rogue-lite, so it's structured similar to games like Enter the Gungeon and Crypt of the Necrodancer. Once you die in a run, you have to start from the beginning, but you also unlock things along the way (new characters, items, etc.) that help you in future runs, so you're still making progress.
Madguy: Developer here!

Regarding updates to the game: No worries, the GOG builds will be updated at the same time as the Steam builds get updated. Steam and GOG need to have matching versions in order for cross-play multiplayer to work properly, so I'll be keeping everything consistent :)
awesome. good to see your game here!

definitely going to pick this up this weekend. :D
ChrisGamer300: Hmm, hopefully the dev himself will swing by and say something but then again the Supraland guy did the same and now it's out of date.
The Supraland developer also expressed a negative opinion about GOG users before even coming here so it wasn't entirely surprising that he's screwing us around.
takezodunmer2005: This, I hope it's at least an option as I hate replaying and reacquiring skills/loot over and over again...
Madguy: The game is a rogue-lite, so it's structured similar to games like Enter the Gungeon and Crypt of the Necrodancer. Once you die in a run, you have to start from the beginning, but you also unlock things along the way (new characters, items, etc.) that help you in future runs, so you're still making progress.
Thanks for the info, but yeah, I don't care for repetition as a game-play mechanic it's why I don't usually care for most rogues as re-starting over, over, and over again is not fun for me, but the good thing is that there are plenty who do love it all the same, I still want this game to be a raging success regardless of my own gaming preferences!
It's one of those games that I would like to play with friends...but I don't have friends who would like to play them.
Very good pick.

It's great to see Streets of Rogue DRM-free! Thanks devs!
That screenshot of the flame thrower alone is worth the price.
ChrisGamer300: Hmm, hopefully the dev himself will swing by and say something but then again the Supraland guy did the same and now it's out of date.
SirPrimalform: The Supraland developer also expressed a negative opinion about GOG users before even coming here so it wasn't entirely surprising that he's screwing us around.
He did and i made a good desicion to avoid that game i feel but i'm also wary of tinyBuild but i guess in worst case i can refund it if it comes to that. Still i guess i can give this dev a chance because it does look interesting.

Also thanks to other users who offered their opinions on the game.
Post edited September 28, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
The only problem with Streets of Rogue I see so far is that it the title sets up expectations this is a side scrolling beat'em up when it's a completely different genre.
low rated
roguelite, indie, pixel-art, cartoony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

roguelite, indie, pixel-art, cartoony
Crosmando: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Post edited September 28, 2019 by Hollyhock
Madguy: Developer here!

thanks. how much more difficult is it to update on GOG than Steam, if you can say?

SirPrimalform: The Supraland developer also expressed a negative opinion about GOG users before even coming here so it wasn't entirely surprising that he's screwing us around.
Was it sort of like "AAAAA why can't everyone just buy the game on Steam?! why can't everything just be on Steam, it's so much easier that way!" or "DRM-free people are just pirates" or something else?
Post edited September 29, 2019 by tfishell