It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get your gory kicks, like it's 1996!

UPDATE: Can you hear the blood spattering the walls around you? Ok, then turn down the sound effects for a bit. Now you should be able to hear ToyTree's explosive tunes while you're strafing away from danger. Or you can just grab the <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span> separately and enjoy all 23 tracks at your own pace. Boom.

<span class="bold">STRAFE&reg;</span>, a fast-paced, roguelike first-person shooter with plenty of guts, gusto, and gung-ho attitude, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!

The monsters are charging you in droves, your weapons are becoming more and more ridiculous, and the levels rearrange themselves every time you die. Or maybe not - it's hard to tell when there's so much blood spatter in your eyes. But who needs a map, when you've got wicked instincts and insane mobility?

Watch the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
So, after the pixel fad it's now low-poly? I wonder when indie games will go for photorealism.

Looks very shooty!
Post edited May 09, 2017 by Laberbacke
Laberbacke: So, after the pixel fad it's now low-poly? I wonder when indie games will go for photorealism.
22.3 years for sure
Let me guess, the game comes with a download of Galaxy which is of course totally optional unless you want to actually install and play it at which point it's totally necessary. :P
FPS and roguelite don't really mix IMO and the graphics and the pricing aren't helping either.
I don't think this is for me, but I'm sure someone will love it.
The game version is 0.666. Is this early access or is it meant as a joke? You know, because of 666.
Front page banner ( also the link in the OP ) is broken .
Post edited May 09, 2017 by Painted_Doll
Oddeus: The game version is 0.666. Is this early access or is it meant as a joke? You know, because of 666.
Since the pre-order weapon is called VV-1N (win) I go with the latter.
low rated
deleted
I'm a big fan of old school shooters. Played Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and Quake. But I absolutely HATE this stupid design, it looks worse than Minecraft (which is okay considering...). Maybe I'm stupid I dunno
Strafe is finally here! Has anyone tried it out yet?
It's completely gone from the front page.
GOG.com: UPDATE: Due to technical issues, the game is not available to play yet but it should be ready within the hour. We will keep you posted on any developments.
No wonder after a refresh, it magically disappeared off the front news section.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by Nicole28
STRAFE® ALSO INCLUDES:
Gun upgrades that turn your average tool of death into an outright Holocaust machine
(From the store page)

Wow, really? You can kill Jews in this game?
INB4 someone calling me a Nazi.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by Laberbacke
Laberbacke: Wow, really? You can kill Jews in this game?
Will be banned in Germany . :p