It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stellaris: Ancient Relics Story Pack is now available DRM-free.

Stellaris: Ancient Relics Story Pack is a new story pack for Paradox Development Studio’s iconic sci-fi grand strategy game, Stellaris. Uncover the ruins of long-dead civilizations in Relic Worlds to piece together the story of their rise and eventual downfall. Excavate their derelict cities and ships to unearth the truth, discover powerful relics, and harness them for your own empire’s ambitions.

Update: We're terribly sorry, but due to technical issues with Steam library verification, we had to remove GOG Connect for Stellaris. We're investigating in order to resolve it and will try to bring you back this offer in the near future.
Just wrote a Ticket to support asking them to remove the game from my library, since I felt that asking in the forum won't amount to much.

I wonder how many users encountered that bug and even more how many of them just downloaded the game without questioning how they could get it without owning it on steam.

I just hope that GoG has something like an internal overview that shows them which games in their library a user has downloaded.
Uhm, my ticket was closed, but the game is still in my library. Anybody else with the same problem? Or should I give it some time?
NuffCatnip: Uhm, my ticket was closed, but the game is still in my library. Anybody else with the same problem? Or should I give it some time?
Give it some time, but, frankly, I think gog is simply going to resolve this by accepting the losses and making it a gift for whoever benefited from the bug, intentionally or not.

Besides, Paradox's business model is to sell main games progressively cheaper as the DLC accumulate and make money selling loads of said DLC, so, best case scenario, gog is going to be selling some more units of Stellaris DLC.
DLC sounds interesting. I'm very mixed on 4X games and didn't find the core Stellaris empire-building mechanics all that compelling, but I did enjoy the story aspects and what they did with Distant Stars.
Hopefully the Connect thing gets worked out soon.

I own this on Steam, but no DLC, and kept saying that if I could switch it over to GOG I'd consider (if it had LAN play I'd be insta-buying it, but with PDX being the only option it's not so high on the list) the DLC.
Waiting for Stellaris Complete Ediiton. It already has too many DLCs and they are too expensive.
NuffCatnip: Uhm, my ticket was closed, but the game is still in my library. Anybody else with the same problem? Or should I give it some time?
Same here, status says it's solved. Maybe it takes some time...really don't wan't to keep a game that I got via a Bug.
On the GOG Connect situation, I was a bit puzzled as to why I wasn't able to redeem Stelaris. Ah well, picked up the new Combat mission games to ease my suffering.
emter_pl: We're terribly sorry, but due to technical issues with Steam library verification, we had to remove GOG Connect for Stellaris. We're investigating in order to resolve it and will try to bring you back this offer in the near future.
okay here's the thing. on steam i have a base game and some cool dlc's, but after the succesfully connect, in my gog library, i have only the base game. i don't understand. the gog connect meaning only the base games or what? please help me understand this. :-/
Falci: Give it some time, but, frankly, I think gog is simply going to resolve this by accepting the losses and making it a gift for whoever benefited from the bug, intentionally or not.

Besides, Paradox's business model is to sell main games progressively cheaper as the DLC accumulate and make money selling loads of said DLC, so, best case scenario, gog is going to be selling some more units of Stellaris DLC.
okay mate, i understand. but why i pay again a lot of dlc's again on another platform when i have a lot of stuff on my steam account for this game? there is no reasonable meaning.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by pajnacsosz
emter_pl: We're terribly sorry, but due to technical issues with Steam library verification, we had to remove GOG Connect for Stellaris. We're investigating in order to resolve it and will try to bring you back this offer in the near future.
pajnacsosz: okay here's the thing. on steam i have a base game and some cool dlc's, but after the succesfully connect, in my gog library, i have only the base game. i don't understand. the gog connect meaning only the base games or what? please help me understand this. :-/
Falci: Give it some time, but, frankly, I think gog is simply going to resolve this by accepting the losses and making it a gift for whoever benefited from the bug, intentionally or not.

pajnacsosz: okay mate, i understand. but why i pay again a lot of dlc's again on another platform when i have a lot of stuff on my steam account for this game? there is no reasonable meaning.
You only get the base game. Steam does not provide DLC info publicly in a way GoG can access it so they are unable to verify if you have the DLC. So Paradox games are a mixed blessing.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by tremere110
pajnacsosz: okay here's the thing. on steam i have a base game and some cool dlc's, but after the succesfully connect, in my gog library, i have only the base game. i don't understand. the gog connect meaning only the base games or what? please help me understand this. :-/

pajnacsosz: okay mate, i understand. but why i pay again a lot of dlc's again on another platform when i have a lot of stuff on my steam account for this game? there is no reasonable meaning.
I was actually referring to the people like me who got the game through connect without owning it on Steam due to the bug.
Tsk. That (now deleted) tweet about Stellaris on gog connect got me excited. I've been hoping for that. XD
Anyway, I've read about the issue here and wanted to comment thanks for the intention. Hopefully nobody got into trouble.
Post edited June 06, 2019 by am1vf
I'll echo that it'd be nice if this gets worked out before the sale ends, but it's not looking likely. I only own the base game and a couple of the older DLCs on Steam, but would like to have picked up some of the DLC in this sale. Guess that won't be happening.

Sidenote, it'd be nice if GOG would actually give some kind of notice on the GOG Connect page.
Ixodid: Same here, status says it's solved. Maybe it takes some time...really don't wan't to keep a game that I got via a Bug.
Ditto, yesterday I sent a ticket and nothing happened.
So nobody was able to get their copy removed or get a statement from GOG on what they're doing about the copies of the game given by the bug?

I got a copy from Connect too, and confirmed it's not in my Steam account either. Was thinking about opening a ticket too, but I feel like I'm missing something here.