It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is no real win without some kind of sin.

<span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;: Rebellion Ultimate Edition</span>, a sprawling hybrid of real-time and 4x strategy, is now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Nothing stays hidden for long under the sun. Certainly not the questionable deeds of space-faring Solar Empires. Unsurprisingly, these deeds are of conflict, galaxy-wide power struggles and unquenchable expansionism. Of wars that decide the fate of whole star systems, fought through formidable fleets, financial means, or even diplomacy.

Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Ultimate Edition provides the perfect mix of the urgency associated with RTSs and the careful planning commonly found in 4x games. It includes Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion along with the Forbidden Worlds & Stellar Phenomena DLC, bringing additional planets to explore, more dramatic random events and new deep space anomalies. The package also offers the game's epic soundtrack on MP3 and FLAC, to help set the mood for your intergalactic adventures.

Conquer the galaxy and commit your own <span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pull it into orbit with the 60% launch discount that will last until December 16, 1:59 PM GMT.
Instant buy. Time to uninstall my steam edition.
JinseiNGC224: I wanted to load this up on two computers in my home to play a multiplayer game with my wife and I. Does it have any sort of copy protection or should I purchase a second copy while the sale is on? Either way works, though if I can play in my own home on two computers with the same game I will. If I need two, I'll do that too.
This worked just fine in Trinity, so I'd expect it will still work in Rebellion (haven't tested it yet, though).
high rated
zgrillo2004: This is a game store, not a political debate site. Take your SJW criticism somewhere else. That aside I have been waiting for this game to be on here for a while.
Krimzon14: Well, it's certainly not a 'political debate' because calling out sexism in an industry/community rife with it is simply trying to make that industry/community a better, safer place for those who have to deal with that kind of thing constantly. It's like a terrible plague that you can see only when you really understand it. When you understand what it looks and sounds like. Phrases like 'political debate' and 'SJW' are just your sad little buzzwords for a person/people who still have empathy and actually care about making things better, trying to genuinely improve this industry/community whereas you simply wish to maintain the current state of affairs because for some reason, you feel threatened by the thought of having to share your hobby with women and other minority people, even though there's no real reason for you to feel that way. You call it 'politics' when there's simply nothing 'political' about trying to makes video games safe and enjoyable for everyone. Especially for those who face vile harassment because of their gender and such. You can call me everything in the goddamn dictionary, but that won't stop me from trying to make things better and keep people feeling safe and welcome in this industry/community. That is all I have to say to you and anyone else who disagrees with what I have to say. Because as you said, it's not a debate, so there's no reason for you to try and make a counterpoint. Happy holidays! :)
The court already dismiss the claims and the gaming media is forced to apologize for defaming. You are still claiming Mr. Wardell as guilty even though the court says he is innocent?

People like you give a bad name to people who truly fight for social justice. People like you make SJW a dirty world. People like you make victim of real sexual abuse to be taken less seriously. People like you does more harm then good.
JinseiNGC224: So unlike Age of Wonders III I don't need two copies to play online? I had to go out of my way to have two copies of that on two accounts in order to play it online with the both of us.

I guess I'll give it a test to see. Just wanted to clarify.
Try it out; you don't need individual accounts to logon to the online multiplayer, and intrinsically needed keys are not made apparent from the Steam release... but maybe it differs from a DRM-free GOG release a bit. Hope it turns out well!
Post edited December 12, 2015 by StickOfPlywood
Krimzon14: He is known for being a horrible sexist

You guys are such stereotypes. Keep going and you're gonna beat Sweden.
Post edited December 12, 2015 by Crosmando
Matruchus: So as such there is no point in Trinity. Stardock has a development model where each previous game is a beta version for the new game which they improve and release another new game and so on.
Ah. Does that model apply to Fallen Enchantress as well? Apparently only Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes will be released on GOG, but I thought the original Fallen Enchantress actually did have a story campaign...?

EDIT: Hmm, I might be wrong about the original FE not being on GOG. Just looked at the game card for Legendary Heroes, and it seems to indicate the original is included. Keeping track of what's included where is so hard these days...
Post edited December 12, 2015 by zlep
Matruchus: So as such there is no point in Trinity. Stardock has a development model where each previous game is a beta version for the new game which they improve and release another new game and so on.
zlep: Ah. Does that model apply to Fallen Enchantress as well? Apparently only Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes will be released on GOG, but I thought the original Fallen Enchantress actually did have a story campaign...?

EDIT: Hmm, I might be wrong about the original FE not being on GOG. Just looked at the game card for Legendary Heroes, and it seems to indicate the original is included. Keeping track of what's included where is so hard these days...
Yes, Fallen Enchantress is essentially Civilization meets Kings Bounty so you play on random generated maps, based upon your settings. There are though two scenarios included that limit your play in order to finish those two short scenario stories. Fallen Enchantress is included yes but there is no point in playing it since Legendary Heroes includes the whole content of Fallen Enchtantress.

And yes, the development model is exactly the same.
Post edited December 12, 2015 by Matruchus
whystler2012: I just fired it off. I didn't get a front loading screen like i get when starting a Kalypso game(like Tropico), so as far as i can see you don't need a Stardock account to play the game. Mind you, i don't multiplay so you might still need one to be matched.

Requiring external accounts would also violate GoG's no DRM policy.
MyCookie: Not necessarily, AFAIK Age of Wonders 3 required a sign-in to an online service for multiplayer. I'd be glad if you could try to play multiplayer and report back! :)
I tried it. The lobby asked me for a nickname, but not for login credentials.
OMG when did that came here?!? That's awesome, how long will the discount last, because this a new release it should last a little bit longer right? Please... :)
leon30: OMG when did that came here?!? That's awesome, how long will the discount last, because this a new release it should last a little bit longer right? Please... :)
It lasts till December 16th.
leon30: OMG when did that came here?!? That's awesome, how long will the discount last, because this a new release it should last a little bit longer right? Please... :)
Matruchus: It lasts till December 16th.
Yep, thanks, I didn't saw it. I though it was a stacked discount from the sale that will end after 20h. Well then I'm crossing fingers the paycheck will come by 16th :), because the only thing that stopped me from buying this on steam was the 3rd party DRM, that should be absent here.
MyCookie: Not necessarily, AFAIK Age of Wonders 3 required a sign-in to an online service for multiplayer. I'd be glad if you could try to play multiplayer and report back! :)
whystler2012: I tried it. The lobby asked me for a nickname, but not for login credentials.
Excellent, thank you!
Matruchus: Is there a campaign or just open w
Argh. Unfortunate. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll wait for a much bigger discount.
So does Galaxy multiplayer work with this?
Glad this game is on GOG. I've added it to my wishlist for now :)

Shame this thread has been spoiled by some gamergate twat spouting bullshit, though. He even put it on the reviews. As others have said, all those accusations came to nothing, because none of them had any substance.