It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Over the over-the-top.

<span class="bold">Sine Mora Ex</span>, an over-the-top horizontal shoot'em up, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

5 years after the title's initial premiere, Sine Mora EX takes everything that was already great about this new-age shoot'em up and launches it further over the top.

All the audio-visual style, engrossing story, and incredible boss designs by Mahiro Maeda (known for Blue Submarine No. 6, The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance, and Kill Bill: Vol. 1) are here – now with local co-op, full English VO, new game modes, better visuals, and more!

The launch discount will last until August 15, 5PM UTC.
THQ Nordic - one of my favourite publishers ;D Will consider a purchase.
Played this on vita years ago it was really cool but quite difficult at times. Might pick this up
Got this on steam & has a major problem, but fixable.
There's no vsync in game, so it runs at whatever speed your card does.
Meaning that it's ridiculously speeded up & unplayable.

In case happens here too, there's a work around.

Enter Radeon Seettings > Gaming & scroll to the Sine Mora EX profile (or scan/create one).
Set it to 30fps Frame Rate Target Control & now load the game.

That fixes it.

Hopefully this gets fixed in game at some point.
One of my favourite shmups! On SineMora classic steam forum the topic called "Unfairness warning" was a good source of comedy for a while, full of people who didn't even grasp the core mechanics of this gem or actually never noticed that the difficulty scaled depending on your current rank (C,B,A) among other things. E.g. the lower your firepower, the greater chance of firepower upgrades are to appear, etc.

However, some of the critique is valid though and it can be really frustrating to loose 1cc runs, but just like every game of this genre, it's all about practice. After 50hours, you will just flow through since you will recognise all the patters without issues, thus no cheap ohko unless you make a huge mistake. There is boss practice mode exactly for that reason, to make it easier to learn patterns. Insane difficulty, however is completely different beast - 1 mistake usually means gameover.

Story mode (or the new local coop story mode I guess) is great to get into the game, it's pretty forgiving on normal difficulty. Also I've really liked the story (and alternative narration later on that explains a lot from different pov) and character designs are great. I'm yet to hear the english voiceovers in the EX version, or actually give it a playthrough though.

There are new modes like challenge mode, versus mode and coop mode, so overall it seems like more complete, or definitive Sine mora experience if you will (I only wonder if the secret character/pilot from vita is included or not)!
ThomNG: Hope you like our latest release here on GOG! :)
what's up with the pricing in Brazil ?
the game costs there R$35.99 (=$11.09), that's 11% above the US price ($9.99)
meanwhile on steam it costs R$19,99. (~36% discount)
Did the number 36 accidentally end up in the wrong place ^^
htown1980: why is it terrible?
Hollyhock: Bullets blend with the background.

Bosses have untelegraphed instakill attacks.

Bullet patterns are forgetful and uninspired. Each shmup tends to have at least one "wow" pattern that makes you think differently or amazes you with its originality. Sine Mora has none.

You lose all your powerups after being hit once, and restocking them takes a long time. Then you have the "time system", which forces you to kill to stay alive, as running out of time makes you lose. These two mechanics combine into a very frustrating gameplay in which you end up losing without being actually killed. Many times you have already lost and you don't know it, and you have to wait through a boss cutscene just to realize you don't have enough firepower to earn some time to continue fighting. Extremely annoying.

Bad pacing: slow gameplay, sections almost empy, sections too small, sections too samey...

Popcorn enemies are too tanky, they are extremely annoying to kill when your DPS is low.

The tilting of your ship makes it difficult to guess where your hitbox is. Slow-mo doesn't highlight your hitbox.

The scoring system rewards not using your quirks, so score runs are super difficult but also super boring and dry because they get "devolved" into a generic shmup.

Random powerup pickups ruin the concept of a score run. You cannot measure your skill if you add luck to the mix.

Many of those issues are a result of making Sine Mora a beautiful game at the expense of its gameplay. Other issues are minor but specially irksome because they show the devs don't understand shmups and have distanced themselves from many staples of the genre, that were there for a good reason.
Thank you so much for the info. Sounds like this game isn't for me .
mistermumbles: I'm curious about who plays shmups for their stories though.
I do. Only shmup that I was able to really enjoy was Tyrian, and major reason for that was the (quite absurd but still enjoyable) story. That and amazing music, still superb in this day if you manage to find AWE32 sound font.
That reminds me: Where the fuck is Jets'n'Guns Gold?
high rated
ThomNG: Hope you like our latest release here on GOG! :)
immi101: what's up with the pricing in Brazil ?
Definitely a mistake - R$ 19.99 was communicated for Brazil. I will ping my GOG contact on that.

Edit: should be corrected now.
Post edited August 09, 2017 by ThomNG
Got this on Steam for free w/o knowing about it.
There is a demo on Steam for the original Sine Mora, if anyone who is new to it wants to see if they might like it.
ThomNG: Definitely a mistake - R$ 19.99 was communicated for Brazil. I will ping my GOG contact on that.

Thank you. :)
Over-rated shoot'em up.
ThomNG: Definitely a mistake - R$ 19.99 was communicated for Brazil. I will ping my GOG contact on that.

that was quick. thx :)
CharlesGrey: I'm surprised to see the negative comments here
It's the GOG forum, we're all negative.