It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sin Slayers is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until September 13th, 5pm UTC.

Legends tell of a place betwixt worlds, a region outside time and space called the Valley of Fallen Sinners.

A dense, preternatural fog lays like stinking breath over black woods. This region is for the most contemptible cowards, those who died because of their sins and the darkness weighing down their souls. At one time, they lived as brave heroes across a multitude of worlds, and bards composed ballads to their noble deeds. Until the day darkness flooded their hearts and killed them.

Now regret consumes them, but their souls will find no rest. They are doomed to wander the Valley endlessly, searching for rest, respite, an end to their torture. But they will know no peace until someone destroys the seven seals of the Portal of the Worlds. Only then will the gates open and the damned finally escape their prison...
blargicity: 4) The game, true to its concept, has a 'sin' system. If you do something that can potentially increase your sin level (up to level 5), you will feel its affect in the game (higher difficulty enemies, less money, etc. - this is all explained when you mouse over the sin level).
First I've heard of this game, so I watched some firs impressions videos on youtube. You mention that higher sin means stronger enemies, less money. That sounds very much like a lose-lose. You get sin for exploring game events, which add flavour/life to the game world(world building), but you are punished with harder fights and less gold, which I got the impression is the only way to level up your characters' abilities.

And still, I might end up getting this now, since I'm really intrigued in trying it out.
Post edited September 06, 2019 by MadalinStroe
blargicity: 4) The game, true to its concept, has a 'sin' system. If you do something that can potentially increase your sin level (up to level 5), you will feel its affect in the game (higher difficulty enemies, less money, etc. - this is all explained when you mouse over the sin level).
MadalinStroe: First I've heard of this game, so I watched some firs impressions videos on youtube. You mention that higher sin means stronger enemies, less money. That sounds very much like a lose-lose. You get sin for exploring events which add flavour/life to the game world(world building) but you are punished with harder fights and less gold, which I got the impression is the only way to level up your character's abilities.
When I made that statement, I did not check as carefully as I should have. From what I gathered from playing from the demo, the higher sin level, the stronger the enemies get. However, it seems that as the sin level rises, so does the ability to gain more money. Cannot recall the amount though.

The sin levels can be reduced by refraining from partaking in the sin-inducing activities or by visiting the altar to pray. In practice, it is possible to engage in these sort of events to a small degree without having reaching a level where it would make combat difficult.

This is what I gathered so far from the demo though.
Post edited September 06, 2019 by blargicity
MadalinStroe: First I've heard of this game, so I watched some firs impressions videos on youtube. You mention that higher sin means stronger enemies, less money. That sounds very much like a lose-lose. You get sin for exploring events which add flavour/life to the game world(world building) but you are punished with harder fights and less gold, which I got the impression is the only way to level up your character's abilities.
blargicity: When I made that statement, I did not check as carefully as I should have. From what I gathered from playing from the demo, the higher sin level, the stronger the enemies get. However, it seems that as the sin level rises, so does one's ability to gain more money. Cannot recall the amount though.

The sin levels can be reduced by refraining from partaking in the sin-inducing activities or by visiting the altar to pray. In practice, it is possible to engage in these sort of events to a small degree without having reaching a level where it would make combat difficult.

Oh, so it isn't lose-lose, it's actually risk-reward. That sounds like it should be, proper game design. Thanks for letting me know!
blargicity: When I made that statement, I did not check as carefully as I should have. From what I gathered from playing from the demo, the higher sin level, the stronger the enemies get. However, it seems that as the sin level rises, so does one's ability to gain more money. Cannot recall the amount though.

MadalinStroe: Oh, so it isn't lose-lose, it's actually risk-reward. That sounds like it should be, proper game design. Thanks for letting me know!
I appreciate your questions about the mini-review. The game seems like a labor of love and one that is done well. Additionally, the GoG seems really nice. Would have hated to steer anyone wrong with my misinformation earlier. Please enjoy your evening. :)
MadalinStroe: Oh, so it isn't lose-lose, it's actually risk-reward. That sounds like it should be, proper game design. Thanks for letting me know!
blargicity: I appreciate your questions about the mini-review. The game seems like a labor of love and one that is done well. Additionally, the GoG seems really nice. Would have hated to steer anyone wrong with my misinformation earlier. Please enjoy your evening. :)
Thanks for that, a good evening to you too! Just letting you know, that here in Romania it's 9 AM, bright and early in the morning. :)
Thanks for adding a demo! And it's even available for Linux. :)
I played the demo through killing Gluttony (1st of 7 sins), and...

not sure. The combat was fine, but fairly slow and fairly repetitive, moreso because at least through the demo each character is only going to have 2 abilities. And even with the sound turned all the way down, the end of combat percussion still seemed as loud as ever.

Presumably there were options to speed up the combat that I missed.

I dunno - I do appreciate the demo, and I thought it was fine, but the RPG elements are really thin and even though I do like turn-based combat, only a few fights really felt tactical. And a few times I got exited from a map without knowing why, even if I still had a quest to complete there.
That dosen't sound well^^...maybe i should have waiting a bit before buying it :(
Well, it happened again. It's September 13th, 10:46 am.

It's written "get it 15% off until September 13th, 5pm UTC".

So I should have even some more hours before being able to buy it but alas, the discount is gone already.

GoG should place a timer for everyone to see (a la Steam), including themselves. It's the second time this happens with games I'm following.