It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Go on a journey the Kingdom of Nelwë, where the forces of Technology clash with those of Nature. Silverfall: Complete is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 75% discount lasting until 23rd September 2020, 1 PM UTC. Craft your hero into a mighty champion in this action RPG series. Oppose the tyrannic Order of Nothingness and use the freedom to evolve in either the technological or spiritual paths.

This pack contains two games - Silverfall and Silverfall Earth Awakening.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Does the game have a windowed mode?
Yep, it automatically starts windowed, if you don`t turn "Fullscreen" on in the config program.
Maxvorstadt: Yep, it automatically starts windowed, if you don`t turn "Fullscreen" on in the config program.
That's good!

Also, does the game allow the player to save at any time?
Maxvorstadt: Yep, it automatically starts windowed, if you don`t turn "Fullscreen" on in the config program.
IronArcturus: That's good!

Yes, it does.
IronArcturus: That's good!

You can save anywhere but it does save the state of things. When you do reload you are placed in the center of the closest city/hub. Similar to Diablo II or Titan Quest.
Gudadantza: You can save anywhere but it does save the state of things. When you do reload you are placed in the center of the closest city/hub. Similar to Diablo II or Titan Quest.
Does the game work with kb+mouse or is it made for a controller?
The description mentions the large (>100 in each game) list of skills and spells that you can learn and master. Mind if I ask how you go about doing that in the game? (in particular, what is the game mechanic for learning and mastering them.)
Gudadantza: You can save anywhere but it does save the state of things. When you do reload you are placed in the center of the closest city/hub. Similar to Diablo II or Titan Quest.
IronArcturus: Does the game work with kb+mouse or is it made for a controller?
You can play mouse centric lke in any diablo clone and/or you can use WASD for movement at the same time. Not tried how good the game detects any controller but having WASD by design, at least the movement could be playable with a gamepad, I guess.
dtgreene: The description mentions the large (>100 in each game) list of skills and spells that you can learn and master. Mind if I ask how you go about doing that in the game? (in particular, what is the game mechanic for learning and mastering them.)
The skills and magic trees in this game are pretty expansive. For each leveling you can add 4 points in around four discipline trees, two of them (magic and combat) with three other subdisciplines (ranged combat, close combat, techniques) or three types of magic. So apparently the game seems to be intended to create one of a kind specialiced characters due to the combinatorial options. And because each skill can be filled with levels/multiple points.

Any way the level cap seems to pretty high. The game plus expansion seems to be long (around level 100) so I couldn't be sure if at the end you can have a character with points in everything or if it is convenient. I have played only around 5 hours to judge it. For now I am just creating (probably failing) a relatively master of everything kind of avatar.

greetings
Post edited September 21, 2020 by Gudadantza
dtgreene: The description mentions the large (>100 in each game) list of skills and spells that you can learn and master. Mind if I ask how you go about doing that in the game? (in particular, what is the game mechanic for learning and mastering them.)
Gudadantza: The skills and magic trees in this game are pretty expansive. For each leveling you can add 4 points in around four discipline trees, two of them (magic and combat) with three other subdisciplines (ranged combat, close combat, techniques) or three types of magic. So apparently the game seems to be intended to create one of a kind specialiced characters due to the combinatorial options. And because each skill can be filled with levels/multiple points.

Any way the level cap seems to pretty high. The game plus expansion seems to be long (around level 100) so I couldn't be sure if at the end you can have a character with points in everything or if it is convenient. I have played only around 5 hours to judge it. For now I am just creating (probably failing) a relatively master of everything kind of avatar.

greetings
Is leveling up the only way to get those points?

Is there any way to reclaim spent points or to reset your level?
Gudadantza: The skills and magic trees in this game are pretty expansive. For each leveling you can add 4 points in around four discipline trees, two of them (magic and combat) with three other subdisciplines (ranged combat, close combat, techniques) or three types of magic. So apparently the game seems to be intended to create one of a kind specialiced characters due to the combinatorial options. And because each skill can be filled with levels/multiple points.

greetings
dtgreene: Is leveling up the only way to get those points?

Is there any way to reclaim spent points or to reset your level?
Well, I think leveling is the only way to receive them and yes, you can reclaim, reset completely your skills, via Skill master NPC.

The model itself does not differ too much from the Diablo II, Titan Quest Model. It is very similar to those skill systems. Probably it is relatively wider. I could say that you have around 10 skill discipline sets to choose from, between categories and subcategories.