It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The mother of all investigations.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 70% off until February 8, 2PM UTC.
Does supernatural evil have a place in Sherlock's rigorously rational world, governed by cause and effect? Consumed by a terrible sense of uncertainty, Sherlock launches himself against the haunted streets of London, prowling for evidence that only his keen deductions, timely punches, and bold infiltration can yield.

Test your sleuthing skills further with our special Detective Stories Sale, featuring several mysteries worth solving, up to -90%. Sale ends February 5, 11PM UTC.
remember:
Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.
Nice surprise, didn't expect this to show up here when it's using Denuvo on Steam.
Nice to see this game on GOG ;)
Does somebody know whether it includes the "Costume Pack" DLC also, or is this Steam-exclusive?
Well, I'm not complaining about the price, however, the trailer (and the reviews) seem to indicate there isn't a lot of "gaming" in this game...
So, since there's a bunch of other Sherlock Holmes games on sale right now (I don't own a single one), anything you'd recommend as a starting point? Does it make sense to go in chronological order?
Cavalary: When the second player on the market is too small to matter, it should be a matter for authorities to regulate.
1. It's not Steam dictating the pricing. It's just the experience that publishers made with Steam and Sales. And of course Steam recommends a high base price with high discounts, because they know it works.

2. That's... pretty difficult. I don't want any "authority" to tell a company "You're too succesful. Please get some competition.". How should this work? Should there be someone who forces publishers to release their games on GOG? Or forbid them to release games on Steam? Or tell them to accept the pricing ideas of other stores? This'd be horrible and we'd end up with even more Origin, UPlay, Blizzard Launcher, Rockstar Social Club and other clients. Plus we'd have to spread our credit card data across more potentially unsecure platforms. Sorry, not a fan of this. I use GOG, Steam and Origin because they accept paysafecard (you buy a code in a physical store and use it to pay online). I don't want games to become exclusives on more weird platforms that eat your data.

Cavalary: But otherwise, you're just making my argument that if that's how things stand they should have said they were defeated in their fight with the industry and close up shop, getting back to being the "pirates" they started as and advising the users to do the same since there's hardly anything worth supporting in this industry.
Not a big fan of this either... GOG is still good choice (when they finally manage to sort out their problems with outdated and abandoned games). But without their step towards newer games they probably wouldn't exist anymore. Not everyone here is a pirate. I never even visited a site like pirate bay (in fact that's even the only pirate site I know because it was mentioned in media often enough). So GOG is my only source for DRM free games (DRM free is the most important thing for me on GOG).

Cavalary: On another note, whenever I see your nick I get reminded of The Real Barenziah... And of the hour and a half spent reading stuff in the library of Vivec in Morrowind...
The backround of my nickname couldn't be any more different. It comes from a fictional character (Real Geizt) of a living (german) Hip Hop legend :P A very, VERY weird dude...
WildHobgoblin: Well, I'm not complaining about the price, however, the trailer (and the reviews) seem to indicate there isn't a lot of "gaming" in this game...
So, since there's a bunch of other Sherlock Holmes games on sale right now (I don't own a single one), anything you'd recommend as a starting point? Does it make sense to go in chronological order?
There is no chronological order to speak of. All of them are self-contained mystery solving games.
The one I enjoyed the most so far is SH vs. Jack the Ripper.
Solid story and some enjoyable sleuthing in that one imho.

Any game that relies too much on QTE's is a show stopper for me, pass on the Devils' Daughter.
I would buy Crimes and Punishments for sure, but not this abomination.
Post edited February 03, 2018 by jorlin
real.geizterfahr: I don't want any "authority" to tell a company "You're too succesful. Please get some competition.". How should this work? Should there be someone who forces publishers to release their games on GOG? Or forbid them to release games on Steam? Or tell them to accept the pricing ideas of other stores? This'd be horrible and we'd end up with even more Origin, UPlay, Blizzard Launcher, Rockstar Social Club and other clients. Plus we'd have to spread our credit card data across more potentially unsecure platforms. Sorry, not a fan of this. I use GOG, Steam and Origin because they accept paysafecard (you buy a code in a physical store and use it to pay online). I don't want games to become exclusives on more weird platforms that eat your data.
I do. As for how it'd work, take the antitrust laws, in principle if not in implementation. No company should be allowed to dominate the market. Not that I have any support for this sort of economy in itself and would want the whole thing tightly regulated, or in fact basically scrapped, but anyway.
And yeah, that's a good idea of how it'd work, force publishers who sell on the biggest platform to also sell on others, so not exclusives but choice, and not allow said biggest platform to put conditions in their contracts that force publishers to apply their conditions, such as pricing or restrictions, elsewhere.
And I also use PSC. No cards for me, so only way, from here...

As for the rest, just restating my stance...
great ... another game freed from Devuno DRM grasp , finally on Gog
WildHobgoblin: Well, I'm not complaining about the price, however, the trailer (and the reviews) seem to indicate there isn't a lot of "gaming" in this game...
jorlin: There is no chronological order to speak of. All of them are self-contained mystery solving games.
The one I enjoyed the most so far is SH vs. Jack the Ripper.
Solid story and some enjoyable sleuthing in that one imho.

Any game that relies too much on QTE's is a show stopper for me, pass on the Devils' Daughter.
I would buy Crimes and Punishments for sure, but not this abomination.
Well, I´ve got the impression Frogware wanted Devils Daughter on here first to make sure that folks who want modern Sherlok first buy that and afterwards C&P. The other way round not many would think about picking up DD at all, would they?
This version includes dlc "Costume Pack"?