It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The mother of all investigations.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 70% off until February 8, 2PM UTC.
Does supernatural evil have a place in Sherlock's rigorously rational world, governed by cause and effect? Consumed by a terrible sense of uncertainty, Sherlock launches himself against the haunted streets of London, prowling for evidence that only his keen deductions, timely punches, and bold infiltration can yield.

Test your sleuthing skills further with our special Detective Stories Sale, featuring several mysteries worth solving, up to -90%. Sale ends February 5, 11PM UTC.
Very tempting. I've been keeping away from the newer titles on GOG. I will sit and contemplate.
amok: ...
Pajama Sam? 30 minutes. :P
Post edited February 01, 2018 by tfishell
musteriuz: When I first joined gog, all their games were either $2 or $5 - it seems these days they're all either $20 or $50.
Before their Bigger. Fresher. Newer. change they were all $5.99 or $9.99. Then they allowed up to $19.99 for "Premium Edition" games. Then, heh... Then, you know what came.
GOG.com: The mother of all investigations.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 70% off until February 8, 2PM UTC.
Does supernatural evil have a place in Sherlock's rigorously rational world, governed by cause and effect? Consumed by a terrible sense of uncertainty, Sherlock launches himself against the haunted streets of London, prowling for evidence that only his keen deductions, timely punches, and bold infiltration can yield.

Test your sleuthing skills further with our special Detective Stories Sale, featuring several mysteries worth solving, up to -90%. Sale ends February 5, 11PM UTC.
Damn.... i have bought the game on steam only few weeks ago..... if only this game it was appears on "upcoming games" on gog I would have waited to buy this on gog.com.

So, as you see, you should add all the games actually coming on gog in the list, it is made on purpose, use it. Thank you.
musteriuz: When I first joined gog, all their games were either $2 or $5 - it seems these days they're all either $20 or $50.
When you first joined GOG you got old games only which you could easily get on e-bay vor 1 or 2 bucks. These are much newer and still sell well.

h.e.X.e.n.: So, as you see, you should add all the games actually coming on gog in the list, it is made on purpose, use it. Thank you.
I second this request. At least when you KNOW that this game will arrive it should be on the list. It's hard to believe that all those new releases arrived just in time.
Post edited February 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
Happy to see this here:)
This sale has some real sweet deals on the Tex Murphy games. I've been waiting for them to go on sale. I know they are great from when I used to play them in the 90's.
Cavalary: Before their Bigger. Fresher. Newer. change they were all $5.99 or $9.99. Then they allowed up to $19.99 for "Premium Edition" games. Then, heh... Then, you know what came.
Yes, many great games DRM-free that never would have been here otherwise, thanks to more flexible pricing! :D That's surely what you meant, right? :DDD
'Come, gixgox, come!’ GOG cried. ‘The game is afoot.
Not a word! Into your clothes and come!'
Gimme your €€€ and I'll complete your collection.
Here I thought This Is The Police was part of this sale, but it looks like it's its own separate thing.
tfishell: Yes, many great games DRM-free that never would have been here otherwise, thanks to more flexible pricing! :D That's surely what you meant, right? :DDD
I was mainly correcting that post, saying they never were $2 or $5. That last part was about dropping their values, and for me games that are here without adhering to both original clear ones (so, even if making allowances for those with regional discounts only, as unfair as those clearly are, nearly all released in recent years bar a portion of the classics that is also dropping somewhat) are way worse than not being here at all.

This sale has some real sweet deals on the Tex Murphy games. I've been waiting for them to go on sale. I know they are great from when I used to play them in the 90's.
Ditto although I noticed Tesla Effect wasn't included. Hopefully this is an oversight as it;s the one I:m missing.
Vythonaut: At full price it certainly is pricey, but with the current discount it isn't bad
That's exactly what I hate about prices nowadays. You basically CAN'T buy this game when it's not on sale. You either buy it when there's a promo or you throw it on your wishlist and wait for one of the big sales (where you have to decide which of your dozens wishlisted games you get). There's no "Today I feel like I want to play Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter. I'll go and buy it." because its regular price is completely insane.

Why not set a regular price of 25 whateveryourcurrencyis and limit sales to 50% off? This would result in a similar sale price (12.50 instead of 13.50) but would be a much fairer regular price for people who want to buy a game when they want to play it and not when it's on sale. Publishers surely love their "OMG 70% OFF MUST BUY MUST BUY MUST BUY!!!!!!!111!" sales -.- I hate them!
Vythonaut: At full price it certainly is pricey, but with the current discount it isn't bad
real.geizterfahr: That's exactly what I hate about prices nowadays. You basically CAN'T buy this game when it's not on sale. You either buy it when there's a promo or you throw it on your wishlist and wait for one of the big sales (where you have to decide which of your dozens wishlisted games you get). There's no "Today I feel like I want to play Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter. I'll go and buy it." because its regular price is completely insane.

Why not set a regular price of 25 whateveryourcurrencyis and limit sales to 50% off? This would result in a similar sale price (12.50 instead of 13.50) but would be a much fairer regular price for people who want to buy a game when they want to play it and not when it's on sale. Publishers surely love their "OMG 70% OFF MUST BUY MUST BUY MUST BUY!!!!!!!111!" sales -.- I hate them!
Well, AAA titles will cost 100$ without discount in near future, 70% sale will be close to 25$.
Mafwek: Well, AAA titles will cost 100$ without discount in near future, 70% sale will be close to 25$.
I'm not complaining about games being too expensive (games are effin cheap nowadays, compared to what I paid for games like Wing Commander III and IV or for NES games). And I don't really care about the release price of a game. That's something the free market will take care of (if games become too expensive, people will stop buying them and they'll become cheaper again). I know that publishers are complaining about higher and higher production costs. But maybe they should stop making every game a huge open world title, that's always three times bigger (and emptier, more boring and more stuffed with completely pointless "Get me X pieces of Y" quests) than the latest open world title from their competitors -.- No, what I'm talking about is the prices of "older" games (a year after release).

When Steam became popular we developed something like a "sale culture". People don't look at prices anymore and buy games only based on the "X% off" on the front page of their favorite store. Have a look at Steam's forums during the big sales. People constantly bitch about games like Call of Duty because they never get a better discount than 50%. Or Shovel Knight... The highest discount for Shovel Knight was 33% and people are complaining about this "lame discount" all the time.

In my eyes those are fair discounts. I can either buy those games at full price or wait for a sale and save a bit of money. I won't get totally ripped off. Now have a look at games like this Sherlock Holmes one. €45 vs €13,50 is totally nuts. There isn't even a choice wether to get it on a sale or to wait and buy it at some other point. There should be a big fat warning sign on the store page NOT to buy this game when it's not on sale, because the regular price is just there to give the publisher the possibility to do 70% off sales. It's not the real price of the game and they don't even expect anyone to pay that much for their game. It's just the base for the "huge discount" we gamers love. Same goes for the Sam & Max games. €17 each? I paid 3,50 (or was it even €3?) for each of them. That's €10 for all three games vs. €17 for one of them. At least their series discount gives a pretty fair price.

Nah, sorry, I just hate crap like this. With prices like this you can basically pull the plug of the servers and only open your store for the big sales. It's stupid. That's one of the things I loved about the old GOG. When they were still young and naive they tried to fight those huge discounts. Their games were either 5.99 or 9.99 and 50% off was the best you could hope for. But that battle was lost from the very beginning. Publishers won't give you a "better" price than Steam gets and Steamers love their huge discounts, no matter what this means for the base prices. So GOG had to adapt themselves to this...